• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man repeatedly calls 7yo boy and his aunt 'foreign rubbish' and then says '1000% foreign useless rubbish' on SBS Transit bus

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man repeatedly calls 7yo boy and his aunt 'foreign rubbish' and then says '1000% foreign useless rubbish' on SBS Transit bus
theindependent.sg
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-2.17.00-PM.png
A racist incident on a bus involving her young nephew understandably upsets a woman, who posted about it on Twitter, Sunday (Nov 20). A man called her and her nephew “foreign rubbish” a number of times after the boy had taken off his mask to drink some water, she wrote.

The woman and her nephew had been on board SBS Transit 6054G from Kovan on Saturday and the boy took a drink. Just then, the bus driver came to shout at the boy. This made the woman “excessively angry,” but she “forebore.” She then apologised and told her nephew to put his mask on. Unfortunately, another older man said, “Good, tell that foreign rubbish off!”

And when the woman told him that they are Singaporeans, he went on to say, “Foreign, USELESS rubbish.” She then countered by telling him he would not talk this way if they were Chinese, but he told her again, “You are 1000% foreign rubbish.” He continued by saying, “Yeah, yeah, racist, so what?” she told TISG about the incident over the phone.

A short while ago, this man called me and Ezra, 7, fireign rubbish and dug into the racist diatribe. #SBStransit 6054G from Kovan. Ezra had taken off his mask to drink some water. The driver, an elderly chinese man, came to shout at him. Excessively angry but I forebore. pic.twitter.com/xasMZqLB3u
— mirax (@miraxpath) November 20, 2022
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.37.01-AM.png
In her tweet, she also said, “Another old Chinese man came up to ask me to not escalate as I took out my phone. Driver pretended not to hear anything. After the couple alighted, another Chinese family asked me to make a report. That was pure racism they said. Well they kept quiet while it was happening.”

No one on the bus intervened or stood up for them. “This is new to Singapore,” the woman told TISG. “This is not the Singapore I grew up in,” she added.
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.37.20-AM.png
The woman appeared to take everything in stride, tweeting that “it is simply on that man for being a racist loser,” and that the reason why she tweeted is to teach her nephew “how to stand up for himself.”

Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.37.33-AM.png
In a series of tweets on Monday morning (Nov 21), she added that she is “thickskinned mah” and “not overly sensitive to racism.”

“Eg, on Sat a chinese cab driver made a racist remark about malay/indian drivers. I remonstrated, he didn’t really reply & I let it go. We had a pleasant conversation about Hougang/WP…

And we parted on friendly terms. The convo about a shared nhood and politics might have made him rethink his prejudices. I dunno, but at least I hope that my response helped.

That guy on the bus is on another level altogether. He tried to attack a child too.”

She also wrote that her nephew, who was the target of the uncle’s racist words, “should not grow up hating nor fearing Chinese people. He should not let other people’s shortcomings define his worth. Luckily, there are plenty of Chinese people in his life, including by marriage. He will be fine.”

Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.40.03-AM.png
Fortunately, in response to comments on her tweet, she said that her nephew is somewhat “subdued” but ok.
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-1.53.09-PM.png
Others encouraged her to file a report over the incident.
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.38.00-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.39.16-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.38.35-AM.png
Other Twitter users urged her to let SBS Transit know about the incident, which she told TISG she is considering.
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.38.57-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.39.39-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.39.08-AM.png
“This is all on the back of the anti-Ceca nonsense,” she added in another tweet.
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.39.27-AM.png
The woman also said that she does not fully blame the driver, even if his attitude leaves much to be desired. “But the other guy using the opportunity to verbally abuse us – totally out of order.”
Screen-Shot-2022-11-21-at-10.39.34-AM.png
/TISG
Send in your scoops to [email protected]

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the little brat must have done more than just drinking water to warrant a shout from the bus captain.

We are know what's like to have little shitlets on board.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese living in malay archipelago calling another " foreign rubbish". Can you imagine that. Hullo! All chinese are foreign.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is just right next door. You dont have to be a closet racist. Be as anti chinese as you want over there. No need to hide

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
back in the good old days 70s and 80s, you can count on one hand the foreigners walking down the street
more foreigners, more shit, more conflicts, more noisy, more polluting construction to built homes for them.....and the list goes on

worse is, local born gets priced out of the necessities like housing and food and cars

FUCK PAP

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapor's society has become very toxic of late... People are hating each other over small minor issues! All these actually are indirectly caused by the ruling party....

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
back in the good old days 70s and 80s, you can count on one hand the foreigners walking down the street
more foreigners, more shit, more conflicts, more noisy, more polluting construction to built homes for them.....and the list goes on

worse is, local born gets priced out of the necessities like housing and food and cars

FUCK PAP
Look in the mirror man! You are foreign too as far as i am concerned.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gahmen sitting in their high pedestal chairs are totally unawares of the growling at the ground levels....