• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont confuse Education with intelligence. You have to remember that this traditions have been around for thousands of years, but the western mindset and lifestyle you are practicing now and exposed to is only started with your birth.(Your parents and grandparents were not exposed to this) Its funny esp when i see the Chinese picking up ang moh names, Me and my friends would usually tease them cos we find it plain stupid to try action ang moh. Yes we minorities find it silly. An end of the day.. I have more trust in Tradition then no-tradition. For example i would rather go for Tradition herbs instead of modern day western medicine that is made with chemicals. Cos i believe Chemical kills, Herbs heal.

Your comparison is like apple to durian. Herbal medicine is natural tonic versus chemical. Both heal, unless you take toxic or poisonous, which also can be herbal or chemical. Calling them tradition or modern doesn't link to inconsiderate air pollution in the name of religion. I consider myself moderate freethinker, but frankly got irriated by public burning too. You can't irritate anybody whether you want to choose herbal or chemical medicine.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dont confuse Education with intelligence. You have to remember that this traditions have been around for thousands of years, but the western mindset and lifestyle you are practicing now and exposed to is only started with your birth.(Your parents and grandparents were not exposed to this) Its funny esp when i see the Chinese picking up ang moh names, Me and my friends would usually tease them cos we find it plain stupid to try action ang moh. Yes we minorities find it silly. An end of the day.. I have more trust in Tradition then no-tradition. For example i would rather go for Tradition herbs instead of modern day western medicine that is made with chemicals. Cos i believe Chemical kills, Herbs heal.

P.s... Be proud that you have this cultures and tradition, cos it makes life abit more beautiful. Since i came back from overseas.. Im sort of happy whenever i see a malay wedding, a chinese funeral on the road or Thaipusam.

theres nothing to be proud of if a tradition or religion are delusion and selfishness . yes, traditions or religions has been around for thousands of year ( and i believed theres also many religions or traditions has been banned ) , if we dont start to examine those bad religions or traditions then we are still stuck in those cave man era .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i m quite sure some of the guys that complained about chinese burning offerings causing air pollution are themselves smokers. contradicting?

does smoking cause PSI to increase ? by the way , smokers now also cannot suka suka smoke ...theres smoking area for them too ..thanks for bringing out the smoking issue :wink: by the way leaving cigars butts on the floor also will kena fine :wink: so should we fine those ppl who leave their offering on the floor ?

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me its pretty simple, You views of education and tradition is solely based on western ideology and western lifestyle. Which to me is plain embarrassing cos your trying to embrace another culture that is totally distinct to your own.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just trying to point out Asian tradition to western tradition and using it as an example. But after reading my sentence again, I realise im not really good at explaining myself. Sorry if you couldnt understand what i was trying to imply.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
theres nothing to be proud of if a tradition or religion are delusion and selfishness . yes, traditions or religions has been around for thousands of year ( and i believed theres also many religions or traditions has been banned ) , if we dont start to examine those bad religions or traditions then we are still stuck in those cave man era .

LOL! This is funny comparison but true. If old tradition means good, go to the jungles and live in cases. That's oldest tradition! :biggrin:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your modern tradition teaches you to fark one another backside and wanking extensively at home looking at a computer and going to shop in Fbt and singlets.

It pretty funny that i as a non-Chinese is defending a Chinese Tradition. Hahaha, I guess im what you call a true multi culture individual.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOL! This is funny comparison but true. If old tradition means good, go to the jungles and live in cases. That's oldest tradition! :biggrin:

those who think that old tradition should not be banned ...i advice they go work barefooted and behave like homo sapiens .

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not against any tradition, eastern or western. Just be considerate and do what you believe in among yourselves in your own place, don't bother public and public place in the name of religion, oh they must be tolerant for harmony. I'm also irritated by evangelists too. I always tell them believe all you want and stop pestering me or public.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your modern tradition teaches you to fark one another backside and wanking extensively at home looking at a computer and going to shop in Fbt and singlets.

It pretty funny that i as a non-Chinese is defending a Chinese Tradition. Hahaha, I guess im what you call a true multi culture individual.

correction ...i will just call you a BLIND multi culture indivdual ....:wink:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who think that old tradition should not be banned ...i advice they go work barefooted and behave like homo sapiens .

Your just a plain ignorant dumb Homo-sapien. Go and google what is Homo-Sapiens. And p.s if Singaporeans stop dumping crap on the floor, i would walk barefoot like how i did in aus. Feels good to be grounded to the earth. Just your Skin n Earth and not between with a modern day product.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm not against any tradition, eastern or western. Just be considerate and do what you believe in among yourselves in your own place, don't bother public and public place in the name of religion, oh they must be tolerant for harmony. I'm also irritated by evangelists too. I always tell them believe all you want and stop pestering me or public.

well said ...those delusion ppl thought they are living in their own world ...:wink:

dankos

does smoking cause PSI to increase ? by the way , smokers now also cannot suka suka smoke ...theres smoking area for them too ..thanks for bringing out the smoking issue :wink: by the way leaving cigars butts on the floor also will kena fine :wink: so should we fine those ppl who leave their offering on the floor ?

so if burn offering in designated bins by NEA is it ok?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yours just a plain ignorant dumb Homo-sapien. Go and google what is Homo-Sapiens. And p.s if Singaporeans stop dumping crap on the floor, i would walk barefoot like how i did in aus. Feels good to be grounded to the earth. Just your Skin n Earth and not between with a modern day product.

barefoot in australia ? thats the last thing i will do ...have you not heard of Australian Death Adder , Taipan Snakes
, Coastal Taipan , Inland Taipan , Copperhead Snakes, glia monster lizard , Tiger snake.....ect are all from austraila . good luck to you for being stupid . its worst then stepping on cigs butt or durian :wink:

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so if burn offering in designated bins by NEA is it ok?

yes..its ok as long as ppl use the bins for burning ( and make sure the bins are smoke proof ) and cages for the offering ( maybe cages abit too much later those delusion ppl say the ghost couldnt get their hands inside the cages ) . so maybe just pick up the offering after praying will do .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
" Im willing to let go due to Tradition "

most delusion ppl will gladly give up their brain in search of self-comfort ..:wink:

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im a man not a wuss like you. I got back here for good last year with Zero injuries to my leg.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Im a man not a wuss like you. I got back here for good last year with Zero injuries to my leg.

dont act hero ...remember steve irwin ? accident do happen .my friend , do not take things for granted . even though i deal with Poisonous reptiles everyday ..i still exercise caution .

Last edited: