• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaha. Funny man that seems to be a good man too. Thanks for the advice but im back here in Chindianpore so its back to slippers and shoe.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah the truth? The truth is you are a self-indulgent insensitive prick. :oIo:

Prove?

How am I self-indulgent? Even if I am, what's wrong with that?

And that makes you and your ilk sensitive. Cannot reason with truth?

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahahaha. Funny man that seems to be a good man too. Thanks for the advice but im back here in Chindianpore so its back to slippers and shoe.

no problem , i love the wildlife in australia ..they are amazing . i can spend hours tracking them down just to take their beautiful photos ...cheers .

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
xtian keling shit,

see, trying to do the subtle jab again. u r an asshole means u r. no need try to act like a gentleman. fucking hypocrite. what burn garbage:oIo::oIo: they are burning offerings to their departed loved ones ok :oIo::oIo:

typical xtian hypocrite. self-righteous & nasty to the core inside but still want to act like cool and gentlemanly:oIo::oIo:

puting a 'cheers' at the end of your post summarises what a fake guy u r.

And that bothers you?

Tough shit bro.

Cheers!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Burning stuff is alright. Of course scientifically not proven combustion is courier between living and dead/divinity, it's just a symbolic expression. What's not alright is overdoing it causing inconvenience to others who don't share the belief, even for token symbolism. Others have their public rights too. If you want others to be tolerant and understanding toward your practice, begin by understanding and relentive toward why others are against it.

In the strictest form of symbolism, flag rising ceremonies are the silliest and most meaningless of ceremonies, scientifically. How can hoisting a flag make country or people strong? But the symbolism evokes feelings and sentiments. Human feelings and sentiments cannot be scientifically quantitfied or justified.

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

lianbeng says u have offended both races and religions. by the way, there's a religion section somewhere in sammyboy.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng says u have offended both races and religions. by the way, there's a religion section somewhere in sammyboy.

This thread need not be about race nor religion, just happens that some very uncivic conscious dimwits took offence to a statement that could make crowded Peesai more livable.

If it were religious, the thread would've been "Can Taoism be considered a religion?" Then there'd be reason to place it in the religion section. As far as I see, it belongs under general Sociology section - Why do inconsiderate buggers ruin the surroundings?

Cheers!

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just stay in your own universe and embrace your own brand of truth but please STFU. :oIo::*:

Prove?

How am I self-indulgent? Even if I am, what's wrong with that?

And that makes you and your ilk sensitive. Cannot reason with truth?

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi

Why do'nt you try kick all the prayer items when we chinese pray , then you will know the anwser?

maam

im a chinese..and i did kick at those prayer items when i was in my secondary school days , my dog even urined on them ...see nothing happen . ps : my dog passed away at the age of 15years :wink: long life for a dog anot ? :wink:

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
im a chinese..and i did kick at those prayer items when i was in my secondary school days , my dog even urined on them ...see nothing happen . ps : my dog passed away at the age of 15years :wink: long life for a dog anot ? :wink:

I'm Chinese too and I don't believe in such things too. Forvendet words a bit strong. Your words even stronger. But basically I think both are right. But too bad also, life in Singapore is like that. Last time I had manager with master degree, also doing that burning stuff praying for gods and ghosts to help his stock prices.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm Chinese too and I don't believe in such things too. Forvendet words a bit strong. Your words even stronger. But basically I think both are right. But too bad also, life in Singapore is like that. Last time I had manager with master degree, also doing that burning stuff praying for gods and ghosts to help his stock prices.

bro, i'm sick of people praying to God about everything that's wrong instead of doing something about it. religion is for those who cannot rely on themselves , i’m sick of seeing thousands of educated people cram into some goofy looking building to worship a fictitious being .if religion wasnt around we would probably be 1,000 years more advanced and hardly any religious wars (jews and muslims) . ‎'religion' is a political ideology, nothing else. as a lot of other political ideologies it claims to be 'tolerant' and 'peacefull' of all mankind, while in reality this only applies to those that agree with, or conform too, its political agenda. 'religion' hates, condemnes and alienates those that don't agree with its politics.every religion is complete nonsense.religon the accepted insanity

when they die do they REALLY think your going somewhere? have they ever seen god?... has anyone? are they scared of death? one of the best ones Heaven and Hell. just some more nonsense made up by some scared people who didn't want to accept the fact that this life is all there is and that once you're dead that is that. the concept is for cowards. how can there be one god when there are so many religions? it all brain washes you.religion is true to the ignorant, false to the wise, and useful to the powerful .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Religion, especially Christianity and Islam, is a parasite of this world. i cannot believe that we are in 2011 and people are still believing and living their lives according to this age old bullshit which has brain washed people for centuries. if you want to believe in or worship someone or something ...believe in and worship yourself!! Live your life for NOW, because when it's over there's no goi...ng back and there certainly isn't anything waiting for you in some imaginary 'afterlife'. fucking wake up! if there were no religion, there would be about 80% less wars, and people could live their lives without fear of persecution and especially without fear of whether or not their 'god' would allow them into his or her kingdom after they die. i long for a world without these bullshit manipulative lies! FUCK RELIGION!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
one major reason why all opressive religions should be destroyed: life is about growing and evolving, this is a natural fact. when a person is subjected to religious beliefs, they are held back by some one else's opinion. that's like trying to stop a tree from growing, you allow it to exist, but try to halt it's growth to a fixed point. that goes against nature. the tree may still try to grow, but it might turn out all warped and uneven looking. this is what happens to people on the inside when you push a limited belief system on them.

i will never respect a belief system that uses fear to recruit people, nor will I respect those who support it. a message to Christians and other religions: "Save your shallow threats for shallow people or cease existing. this world no longer needs you or your beliefs." i have seen religious bullshit turn loving families into raging enemies for too long.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Drifter, what religion? What god? What ghost? Make money for a living and when we die, we're gone. That's my belief. Other people want to do strange even stupid stuff in name of religion, their own business. Just don't bother me. In Singapore, it's obvious, government tolerates such stuff for politics.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Drifter, what religion? What god? What ghost? Make money for a living and when we die, we're gone. That's my belief. Other people want to do strange even stupid stuff in name of religion, their own business. Just don't bother me. In Singapore, it's obvious, government tolerates such stuff for politics.

bro..we got the same faith ...that is we have faith in $ ...:wink:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro..we got the same faith ...that is we have faith in $ ...:wink:

Bro, I see you location land of rising sun. You really live in Japan? I cheong Japan once, good but sippei exp. :smile: :(

I'm the type work work work then cheong cheong cheong one. :biggrin: