• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are much worst things in life like tolerating the ill manners of foreign trash everyday. :oIo:

What has foreign thrash got to do with public burning? You want to bonfire them in public? Face it, foreign thrash and other inconvenience and annoyance in public have nothing to do with public burning. Separate issues to be addressed separately unless they also burn stuff in public or you're really suggesting burning them KKK style.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

lianbeng asks u, "u already said stray animals are feasting on such a buffet liao why still say waste?":confused:
u can join them if u like. :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng asks u, "u already said stray animals are feasting on such a buffet liao why still say waste?":confused:
u can join them if u like. :biggrin:

That's even worse then waste. It's unhygenic to feed and breed stray animals. Public health risks neither good for the animals nor human public. Good read the notices in your town council or lift lobby.

Last edited:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just nitpicking and putting the spolight on someone. Sedition territory.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it a culture to burn at will in public disregarding others' public rights and safety? No, it's no excuse behind the name of culture or even religion. It's not even a proper religion. It's superstition and inconsideration and outright illegal. But for political expediency, the PAP government (or even if any opposition takes over government) would allow such ultra-legal practises because the majority number of their votes.

Tell me, how can burning in public be legal? There're so many laws against it. But put a superstitious pretext on it and the government and police would back off. I have nothing against anyone doing it in their own homes or temples. But why do it in public areas endangering and annoying others?

I live in a condo and know of no condo management allowing such inconsiderate practice within condo compounds. But still, I know of some neighbors going out to public areas to burn their stuff. Anyway, we live in a multi-racial and congested city-state. There's no way of avoiding public burning smog and ashes unless we hide inside home all day long. Talk about culture if you want. My culture is no public burning. Your culture is public burning. I don't affect anyone. You impose on all others who don't believe but share the same public space. Who's in the wrong?

Yes, my culture involves blasting firecrackers at your doorsteps. Gimme a break, am i the only one who knows it is a requirement to burn the papers within a confined oil barrel?? It is the same in most condos and if yours does not permit burning within confines then i'm sure you are the Chairman. Why don't you go preach to the Indonesians to stop the annual forest burning instead?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well whether a tradition is stupid or not it's still a tradition. Whether it's wearing silly costumes or behaving in a certain foolish way it's still traditional.

I was born in a catholic family and almost no one in my immediate family practices taoism or buddhism but i still tolerate this tradition and respect others that practice it.

I was born in an excommunicated Anglican family and I have no respect for any religion. These are all bluffs and conjobs for brainwashing, political and financial ends. Respecting them is respecting bluffs and conjobs. Of course, I don't start tell that to friends face to face, have to give friends face, but if they ask first, no more face, I'll tell it like it is in their face. Religions have caused more meaningless wars and deaths then all other egoes and ambitions combined.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, my culture involves blasting firecrackers at your doorsteps. Gimme a break, am i the only one who knows it is a requirement to burn the papers within a confined oil barrel?? It is the same in most condos and if yours does not permit burning within confines then i'm sure you are the Chairman. Why don't you go preach to the Indonesians to stop the annual forest burning instead?

First, I'm not Indonesian. Then, there's a logical economic purpose why Indonesians are doing that, though not ecologically friendly. Chinese are burning stuff for superstititon.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Religions have caused more meaningless wars and deaths then all other egoes and ambitions combined.

agree. btw, chinese literally don't go to war over religions. those religious madness and violence usually involve ang mohs and muslims.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

You mean, even on the Carlsberg, Guiness and Yakult. These cats and crows must really be having the highest IQ.
No wonder cats are loved so much inspite of the fact that they shit and urinate anywhere within the house. Moreover, it has been scientifically proven that being close to these furry creatures may trigger asthmatic attacks.
As for crows, I dunno lahhh!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kohliantye said:
You mean, even on the Carlsberg, Guiness and Yakult. These cats and crows must really be having the highest IQ.
No wonder cats are loved so much inspite of the fact that they shit and urinate anywhere within the house. Moreover, it has been scientifically proven that being close to these furry creatures may trigger asthmatic attacks.
As for crows, I dunno lahhh!

Did I remember correctly, reading a book many, many years ago by William Faulkner that cats are the most intelligent animals in the universe. After millennia and millennia of domination they decided to pass the crown to human beings and enjoy the life of pampered pets. When you look straight at a cat, notice how penetrating those eyes are.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did I remember correctly, reading a book many, many years ago by William Faulkner that cats are the most intelligent animals in the universe. After millennia and millennia of domination they decided to pass the crown to human beings and enjoy the life of pampered pets. When you look straight at a cat, notice how penetrating those eyes are.

Cats are small tigers just like tigers are big cats. Urbanized and lose their size and prowess, but the natural instinct of defiance is still there. 江山易改,本性难移。

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was born in an excommunicated Anglican family and I have no respect for any religion. These are all bluffs and conjobs for brainwashing, political and financial ends. Respecting them is respecting bluffs and conjobs. Of course, I don't start tell that to friends face to face, have to give friends face, but if they ask first, no more face, I'll tell it like it is in their face. Religions have caused more meaningless wars and deaths then all other egoes and ambitions combined.

in that case, please leave this country and go back to your white man's land. singapore don't need another talk-empty-mixed-blood-who-think-he-is-the-centre-of-the universe here. please go. shoo.:rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Just because a belief is immoral or stupid doesn’t mean that there is no right to believe it. belief may be unwise or irrational, but a right to belief must cover such beliefs if it’s to have any meaning at all. therefore, a person’s right to believe things and to hold their religious beliefs must be respected. having a right to a belief, however, is not the same as having a right to not hear criticism of that belief. the right to criticize has the same basis as the right to believe. :wink:

ps : We need to realise that demands to 'Respect our religion' etc are used to intimidate us, to silence us, and thus discourage analysis of their silly beliefs. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because a belief is immoral or stupid doesn’t mean that there is no right to believe it. belief may be unwise or irrational, but a right to belief must cover such beliefs if it’s to have any meaning at all. therefore, a person’s right to believe things and to hold their religious beliefs must be respected. having a right to a belief, however, is not the same as having a right to not hear criticism of that belief. the right to criticize has the same basis as the right to believe. :wink:

Drifter bro, what have you been smoking? Is this really u?

Agree to disagree, can't fault that! :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drifter bro, what have you been smoking? Is this really u?

Agree to disagree, can't fault that! :wink:

brother clone ...i just roll a fat joint and i am smoking it now :wink: . im trying to be netural in religion ...but guess i cant lie to myself that religion are sick and dont deserve any respect at all ....cheers .