• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's with the fucking anti TJS posts?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... I marvel at the brains that hatch this strategy if it was hatched. More so that it includes elements of vanity and greed that prevented candidates from withdrawing from the race.

My sixth sense tells me that it was hatched. Things went smoothly because the target is simple and gullible. With some encouragement and instigation, the gong fish too the bare hook.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
天时, 地立, 人和

When the correct elements are in place, desired results will be achieved without much effort.

I marvel at the brains that hatch this strategy if it was hatched. More so that it includes elements of vanity and greed that prevented candidates from withdrawing from the race.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if there are any opinion poll or clear signs before polling day that TCB and TT are neck on neck in the race, I might vote for TCB instead of TSJ.

no opinion poll make tactical voting very difficult in less obvious circumstances.

Even without opinion polls, I think the signs all point towards TCB as the candidate to vote for when it comes to tactical voting. My guesstimation of the vote split before I went to vote was actually 45:25:25, so I thought it didn't really matter who I vote for. But then I realized that TJS's 25% is pretty much the cap for him - he can go no higher than that. My guesstimation of 25% for TCB was based on my own cynical assessment that majority of the moderate-PAP supporters will simply go with the party's call to vote for TT. TCB could potentially get more votes if more of these people decide to vote against the party wishes, so if any one could potentially unseat TT, it would be TCB, so that was where my vote went.

Tactical Voting is unfortunately something new to Singaporeans. The Americans have decades, maybe centuries to learn that which is why at least 95% of the population will only vote for the two front runners despite a large percentage preferring some 3rd party like Ralph Nader. We will have to live with our ignorance of Tactical Voting for the next 6 years, but hopefully people will smarten up for PE2017

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree with the analysis.

The distaste with TJS candidature is made worse by the fact that he and Ang Yong Guan was coached by TCB for GE2011. He even had to cheek to offer his help with TCB's campaign when it was first announced. To me, his betrayal stinks. He lacks the character to go far in his political career.

TCB has principles, character and integrity. Not surprising that he rejects help from the opposition. If he had compromised a little, he would have breezed through this race.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB has principles, character and integrity. Not surprising that he rejects help from the opposition. If he had compromised a little, he would have breezed through this race.

He got some help from SPP's Benjamin Pwee. If I have to guess, I think he would be the preferred choice of moderate opposition parties including WP. WP's stance of not recognizing the PE is admirable, but in this case it doesn't help TCB.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is not the point. 300 over people voted for Harbans Singh in the Anson By_Elections and they were vehemently against the PAP. Chiam stepped aside at the last moment to avoid splitting votes with JBJ. The Opposition carried the day historic day.

Its obvious that 25% were anti-PAP and anti-TT and that is not the point. Even an moron with low IQ knows that.

The issue is the tactical error that installed TT in Istana and letting PAP gets it way again.

Well said. 25% do not support anything to do with the pappies!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reality is that a tactical error had taken place. Nobody amongst TJS's wanted TT and wrongly assumed that among the other 3, TJS was the best bet. And they were wrong. It was poor reading of the ground. Nothing more, nothing less. On hindsight and after a re-vote we all know that TT will not see the inside of the Istana.

It is a given that TJS supporters are not for TT or the PAP. Suggesting that others are doubting TJS supporters credentials as anti-PAP is purely diversionary and avoiding the subject at hand.

We all articulated positions well in this forum before the poll. An error had taken place. Lets face up to it. Writing long stories will not see the error of judgement go away.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reality is that a tactical error had taken place. Nobody amongst TJS's wanted TT and wrongly assumed that among the other 3, TJS was the best bet. And they were wrong. It was poor reading of the ground. Nothing more, nothing less. On hindsight and after a re-vote we all know that TT will not see the inside of the Istana.

It is a given that TJS supporters are not for TT or the PAP. Suggesting that others are doubting TJS supporters credentials as anti-PAP is purely diversionary and avoiding the subject at hand.

We all articulated positions well in this forum before the poll. An error had taken place. Lets face up to it. Writing long stories will not see the error of judgement go away.

I disagree that it's an error of not being able to read the ground. TJS as well as TKL, know full well that they cannot secure the required support. The only chance of either of them winning is if TCB steps aside, which is impossible. The problem is due to inflated egos and the fact that their primary objective is not denying TT the Istana.

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
No point crying over spilt milk already.

I still "want to" believe that TJS is not intentionally sabotaging TCB's chance and handling the victory to TT. Online netizens and TRE did play a part to raise his profile very much and start believing in his chance of winning. This does have an effect on the opposition swingers. On the other hand, TCB stands firmly by his own principles and fight the campaign selling his messages and beliefs. We can only conclude that the core supporters of PAP elites are rock solid (or any label you prefer).

Nevertheless, I do hope the detail informations of the counting centers are "shared". This info really helps to prepare each for GE2016. This PE2011 provided the best opportunity to have a very detail picture of the voters landscape, considering we have a very good spectrum candidates pulling voters of distinct political inclinations and desires.

One thing I know, the East will be heavily contested GE2016 where I believe the split among the three are rather even (in the 30's for each). Hope we would not see multi-corners fight there.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still "want to" believe that TJS is not intentionally sabotaging TCB's chance and handling the victory to TT. Online netizens and TRE did play a part to raise his profile very much and start believing in his chance of winning. This does have an effect on the opposition swingers. On the other hand, TCB stands firmly by his own principles and fight the campaign selling his messages and beliefs. We can only conclude that the core supporters of PAP elites are rock solid (or any label you prefer).

TJS's rise in perceived popularity and TRE's endorsement came after nomination day. Based on the info just prior to Nomination Day, he would have no clear or imagined indications that he will be the Internet "Front-runner" against TT. Yet he proceeded to submit his nomination.

In the electoral divisions where TCB fared less well, it is usually TJS that had a relatively higher vote share showing clearly the impact of TJS's participation in the EP.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no point blaming TJS. If TJS had withdrawn, the campaign would have been run differently. Consider that there may have been voters who would have voted for TT may have switched to TCB after hearing TJS' call for a more vocal and caring nation, but unwilling to accept TJS as president. Fact is, TCB did not deliver a strong enough message to convince voters in TJS's pool that he would not be a yes-man President. Don't ask voters to do their own research, it is up to TCB to convince the voters. As it was, he ran a campaign that was too "principled". A good honest man, but too honest to win an election like this.

The true show spoiler is Tan Kin Lian, without a doubt. If he had withdrawn, as "many" people told him to, then enough votes from his pool (just 0.4%) could have flowed to TCB, enough to tip the scales. It is very unlikely for TKL's voters to vote for TT.

lee480

Ppl last time say TJS cannot control use supporters. Now TCB cannot too...
Pls la everybody; we have one common enemy; TT

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is called "democracy". Anyone who qualifies is free to contest.

It is the same democracy that those who now rant and rave and pluck reasons and excuses from their arses and the thin air instead of blaming themselves and their preferred candidate's performance would have wholeheartedly embraced had the candidate of their choice won.

Do read my posting on the Indonesian election where Susilo Bambang won 60.8% in a three-corner Presidential Election fight.

weird things is when presidential candidate is not selected for election, they cry foul. when they are selected for election, they cry foul again. what they dun seem to understand is that everyone has the right to stand in the election and everyone has the right to vote for for whoever they seem fit for the office. so if the electorate is dumb enough to vote for a candidate from the party that screw them repeatly, theres nothing much u can do other than hoping these dumb idiots wake their idea in the next elections. din ge2011 tells them anything bout how these dumb moron vote?

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT was expected to win in a 4-corner contest, wasn't it?:confused:

scapegoat.jpg

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
weird things is when presidential candidate is not selected for election, they cry foul. when they are selected for election, they cry foul again. what they dun seem to understand is that everyone has the right to stand in the election and everyone has the right to vote for for whoever they seem fit for the office. so if the electorate is dumb enough to vote for a candidate from the party that screw them repeatly, theres nothing much u can do other than hoping these dumb idiots wake their idea in the next elections. din ge2011 tells them anything bout how these dumb moron vote?

If anyone has to be blamed, the closest would be voters themselves. It is naive to expect the 25% TJS supporters to switch their support to TCB since they regard TCB as Prataman #2 in the first place. It is even more ridiculous to expect TJS to withdraw, bearing in mind opposition garnered 40% votes in the GE and given the extremely poor showing of TKL, TJS did stand a chance. Scroobal challenged me on my mathematics but i am pretty sure he failed his PSLE maths.

Opposition voters have once again showed why they are undeserving of good opposition candidates who come into public service. Normally they blame the GRC system, the media propaganda and with no GRC system to put the blame on... they pounced on the most unbelievable victim - the candidate. As long as they refuse to wake up and look at themselves in the mirror, they will continue to rant on the internet for the next couple of decades.

lee480

Actually, theory based- TJS not suppose to get COE(No $100 million company capital). TT math knowledge told his good friend Lee to give TJS & TKL COE to dilute TCB's vote. Remember, elections department comes under PMO. Let all be calm. Let hope TJS will GE 2016 and TCB win PE 2017. Win win. :smile:

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone has to be blamed, the closest would be voters themselves. It is naive to expect the 25% TJS supporters to switch their support to TCB since they regard TCB as Prataman #2 in the first place. It is even more ridiculous to expect TJS to withdraw, bearing in mind opposition garnered 40% votes in the GE and given the extremely poor showing of TKL, TJS did stand a chance. Scroobal challenged me on my mathematics but i am pretty sure he failed his PSLE maths.

Opposition voters have once again showed why they are undeserving of good opposition candidates who come into public service. Normally they blame the GRC system, the media propaganda and with no GRC system to put the blame on... they pounced on the most unbelievable victim - the candidate. As long as they refuse to wake up and look at themselves in the mirror, they will continue to rant on the internet for the next couple of decades.

yeah right. instead of thinking on how to improve the process of picking the best candidate for the next presidential election, they rather curse and swear at each other and at the candidates. but then i doubt it will work bcos who is in the right mind to give up a million dollar job?

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
weird things is when presidential candidate is not selected for election, they cry foul. when they are selected for election, they cry foul again. what they dun seem to understand is that everyone has the right to stand in the election and everyone has the right to vote for for whoever they seem fit for the office.

Very true.