• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's with the fucking anti TJS posts?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
so if the electorate is dumb enough to vote for a candidate from the party that screw them repeatly, theres nothing much u can do other than hoping these dumb idiots wake their idea in the next elections. din ge2011 tells them anything bout how these dumb moron vote?

One of the major problem we have in Singapore is LKY and his thugs' tremendous success in emasculating and domesticating Singaporeans.

We now have an electorate that is so emasculated and domesticated that even a simple challenge of ideas or robust exchange - which is par for the course in any democracy, Western or Asian - are seen by Singaporeans and even opposition political parties here as being negatively "confrontational", "aggressive", "combative" etc.

Such traits, which again are par for the course in Western and Asian democracies and is in fact, seen as positive as it indicates passion, commitment and conviction, has been made out by LKY and his thugs to be negative, not in line with "Asian values", "Confucian values", "Chinese values", etc. The tragedy is that he has successfully convinced the electorate of this.

So we now have Singaporeans feeling all smug that they are a special breed of Asians with "Asian values" or "Chinese values" and the Asian or Chinese way is not like the Western way of being combative, aggressive and confrontational.

Never mind that Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, the Phillippines, etc and even Commie China are Asian countries and they all "suffer" from the "politics of confrontation".

Ironically, it may just be the new Chinese, Filipino and Indian FTs and immigrants that are so disliked that will help to "un-domesticate" Singaporeans.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely the most profound statement. I suppose splitting votes is a myth . The more the merrier as everyone has the right to contest. And you wonder why the PAP is still in power.

what they dun seem to understand is that everyone has the right to stand in the election and everyone has the right to vote for for whoever they seem fit for the office.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone has to be blamed, the closest would be voters themselves. It is naive to expect the 25% TJS supporters to switch their support to TCB since they regard TCB as Prataman #2 in the first place. It is even more ridiculous to expect TJS to withdraw, bearing in mind opposition garnered 40% votes in the GE and given the extremely poor showing of TKL, TJS did stand a chance. Scroobal challenged me on my mathematics but i am pretty sure he failed his PSLE maths.

Opposition voters have once again showed why they are undeserving of good opposition candidates who come into public service. Normally they blame the GRC system, the media propaganda and with no GRC system to put the blame on... they pounced on the most unbelievable victim - the candidate. As long as they refuse to wake up and look at themselves in the mirror, they will continue to rant on the internet for the next couple of decades.

Sad but very true. Even sadder is that many of these good opposition (potential and current) candidates have the means to simply pack up and emigrate and I know of many who have done so. They felt it was a waste of effort, time and their lives to get into politics if Singaporeans are not even prepared to vote (or even worse be seen in their company) them in or to help them (Singaporeans) out.

The way some of these people are trying to tear down those who step up to the plate and drag their names into the m&d just because their candidate of choice did not win demonstrates the wisdom of those who pack and up and emigrate rather than stay back and step forward to help Singaporeans.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I absolutely agree with you. We should not be disheartened by this loss, take it as lesson learnt and move on. There are many more battles to be fought in the future, and the next being GE 2016/17.

Agree. Let's move on. May not need to wait 6 yrs later to vote EP. TT can fall ill, accident etc. Ditto GRCs and SMCs. Life is unpredictable.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. My sentiments too.

One of the major problem we have in Singapore is LKY and his thugs' tremendous success in emasculating and domesticating Singaporeans.

We now have an electorate that is so emasculated and domesticated that even a simple challenge of ideas or robust exchange - which is par for the course in any democracy, Western or Asian - are seen by Singaporeans and even opposition political parties here as being negatively "confrontational", "aggressive", "combative" etc.

Such traits, which again are par for the course in Western and Asian democracies and is in fact, seen as positive as it indicates passion, commitment and conviction, has been made out by LKY and his thugs to be negative, not in line with "Asian values", "Confucian values", "Chinese values", etc. The tragedy is that he has successfully convinced the electorate of this.

So we now have Singaporeans feeling all smug that they are a special breed of Asians with "Asian values" or "Chinese values" and the Asian or Chinese way is not like the Western way of being combative, aggressive and confrontational.

Never mind that Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, the Phillippines, etc and even Commie China are Asian countries and they all "suffer" from the "politics of confrontation".

Ironically, it may just be the new Chinese, Filipino and Indian FTs and immigrants that are so disliked that will help to "un-domesticate" Singaporeans.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. Let's move on. May not need to wait 6 yrs later to vote EP. TT can fall ill, accident etc. Ditto GRCs and SMCs. Life is unpredictable.

The Constitution may be amended again. Singapore's Constitution is one of the most "vibrant" and "flexible" in the world.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
what they dun seem to understand is that everyone has the right to stand in the election and everyone has the right to vote for for whoever they seem fit for the office.

Surely the most profound statement. I suppose splitting votes is a myth . The more the merrier as everyone has the right to contest. And you wonder why the PAP is still in power.

"Splitting votes" is not a myth. What is also not a myth is that if you are good enough, you will be able to convince the electorate to vote for you in sufficient numbers for you to cross the line.

What the blame-TJS crowd is advocating is candidate-gerrymandering.

Candidates are expected to drop out or better still be barred by the PEC just so that their choice of candidate can - supposedly - win. With - supposedly - less intense competition.

I have given the 2009 Indonesian Presidential election where Bambang won 60.8% (73.9 million out of the 122 million votes out for grabs) in an intensely competitive, three-way contest, as an example.

That's not a myth. That's a reality.

TKL and his supporters failed to convince the electorate. He is out.

TJS and his supporters too failed to do so and he is out.

TCB and his supporters are no different. They too failed to convince the electorate and he too is out. And even as it pains me to say this, he deserves to be out for his poor and non-committal stand on issues and less than convincing performance during the campaign.

Time to face the facts. TCB was not able to convince enough numbers to make it across the line and he has only himself to blame.

No point blaming others.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB needed only another 8000 to win. The diff between TKS and TCB is about 200,000. The spoilt votes were 37,826.

Rather than blame TJS, we shld actually castrate those who spoilt their votes. They could have given TCB that crucial 8000 more.

Idiots.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

that is the case even now. everyone has the right to come out to run for the office but u only see 4. why not more? its simply not everyone can afford to give up their deposites in case they lose the elections and not everyone can become politicians. Why not u try to run in the next presidential election?

Last edited:

AK47s

that is the case even now. everyone has the right to come out to run for the office but u only see 4. why not more? its simply not everyone can afford to give up their deposites in case they lose the elections and not everyone can become politicians. Why not u try to run in the next presidential election?

Not everyone gets to manage a company worth 100 million in portfolio.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure that everyone has the right to contest? All the while I thought that only smart people who make profound statements are entitled to contest. That immediately rules me out.

If you are right, I will ask all those who can afford the deposit to stand at the next opportunity. The more the merrier. Ah Kow gets 10 votes, Ah Tee gets 20, and few others get a couple of hundred votes. And voters have more choices like a supermarket. Its a win win situation.

You are right, why stop at 4. And they say no horse run when it comes to intelligence. We certainly should have more horses, sorry candidates.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spoil votes are typically in the minority. It is done by people who are clueless, confused or have an extraordinary sense of self importance that their protest vote is sending the govt a strong message. Tactically bankrupt and with zero acumen. Only time that you spoil your vote is when there is a mass movement and there is unity in the protest.

I remember a chap who proudly boasted to a gathering that he threw the card at Amex for rejecting a transaction. As he had this habit of boasting, one senior chap asked him if Amex is going to collapse. You should have seen his face. I hear these stories all the time.

Nevetheless I am sure some of them will have regrets.

TCB needed only another 8000 to win. The diff between TKS and TCB is about 200,000. The spoilt votes were 37,826.

Rather than blame TJS, we shld actually castrate those who spoilt their votes. They could have given TCB that crucial 8000 more.

Idiots.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Splitting votes" is not a myth. What is also not a myth is that if you are good enough, you will be able to convince the electorate to vote for you in sufficient numbers for you to cross the line.

What the blame-TJS crowd is advocating is candidate-gerrymandering.

Candidates are expected to drop out or better still be barred by the PEC just so that their choice of candidate can - supposedly - win. With - supposedly - less intense competition.

I have given the 2009 Indonesian Presidential election where Bambang won 60.8% (73.9 million out of the 122 million votes out for grabs) in an intensely competitive, three-way contest, as an example.

That's not a myth. That's a reality.

TKL and his supporters failed to convince the electorate. He is out.

TJS and his supporters too failed to do so and he is out.

TCB and his supporters are no different. They too failed to convince the electorate and he too is out. And even as it pains me to say this, he deserves to be out for his poor and non-committal stand on issues and less than convincing performance during the campaign.

Time to face the facts. TCB was not able to convince enough numbers to make it across the line and he has only himself to blame.

No point blaming others.

pls stop use this silly footballing analogy here.

if you are Arsenal and you fail to score 6 goals in the football match last night, then you deserve to lose to man utd. that is your fault for failing to score 6.

why doesn't the SDP send two teams to contest a GRC with the PAP in the GE and when both teams fail to win despite garnering 30% of the total vote each, you say this crap to them that it is their fault for failing to convince more than 50% of the voters to vote for them.

see the absurdity here?

Last edited:

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
T_resilience.gif

A good book to read. It is counter-productive to blame others for how you feel about things. When you blame others nothing changes and you never take responsibility for changing anything.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Blame-...9X/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1301944382&sr=8-12
dontblameme.jpg

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
y do they blame TJS for diluting the votes, when TKL was a lost cause since the beginning? if TKL withdrew from the PE, that 5% couldve made a big difference to the final results.

i urge TCB voters to be more objective than to point fingers at other candidates for their lose.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
why doesn't the SDP send two teams to contest a GRC with the PAP in the GE and when both teams fail to win despite garnering 30% of the total vote each, you say this crap to them that it is their fault for failing to convince more than 50% of the voters to vote for them. see the absurdity here?

Good point. I'm alright with people voting TJS because they feel he represented the people more, is a better person or finds the top 2 equally PAP. But expressing no regret is enough. Don't have to come up with funny justifications. Including TJS himself.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pls don't be too hard on the good doctor.

TCB has done Singapore and Singaporeans very proud and we wish him well.

If he is willing and if it is not too much to ask, hope he will consider PE2017...

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls stop use this silly footballing analogy here.

if you are Arsenal and you fail to score 6 goals in the football match last night, then you deserve to lose to man utd. that is your fault for failing to score 6.

why doesn't the SDP send two teams to contest a GRC with the PAP in the GE and when both teams fail to win despite garnering 30% of the total vote each, you say this crap to them that it is their fault for failing to convince more than 50% of the voters to vote for them.

see the absurdity here?

What if the PAP TT supporters had demanded that TCB not contest because he was a member of the PAP, had benefited (and still continues) from being a PAP member and hence, should not be ungrateful to the party and "split" the PAP votes?

After all, TCB was a PAP member for 27 years, PAP Central Executive for 10 years and continued to be a PAP member until he resigned from the PAP in May 2011 to contest the election.

Would TCB then have an obligation to stand aside for Phony? Should his supporters have an obligation to cast a vote for Phony had TCB stepped aside if demanded by the PAP?

What if a blame-TCB crowd emerge from the PAP condemning TCB for Phony's pathetic performance? Would that be justified?

The reality is this:

TJS and TKL have zero obligation to stand aside for TCB.

TCB and TJS have zero obligations to stand aside for TKL.

TCB, likewise, has zero obligation to stand aside for TJS and TKL. Neither does he have any obligation to stand aside for Phony if he had been asked.

Bro, no point being a sore loser. As the wise saying goes, be magnaminous in victory and be gracious in defeat.

Time for the blame-TJS crowd to be gracious. Accept TCB's loss (as I myself have done so) and move on.

Cheers.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At the end of the day, we're still losing sight of what had just happened. If TCB had won instead of TT, the same hootcalls will be made against him by those who didn't vote either one of them. The bad blood from GE earlier this year has spilled over to PE , there is no way in hell that this was a election to elect a non-partisan president.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u regret asking pple to switch votes fm TCB to TJS?...sorry but had to ask this Q bro...

like it or not...i think what that chap Brandon has written in here makes sense...

personally speaking looks like i made a mistake n let my gut speak agst Harry's EP creation rather than go for 'the make sure TT does not get in' strategy...wrong move on my part but TCB did not help either by running an apparenbt lacklustre campaign...

Time for the blame-TJS crowd to be gracious. Accept TCB's loss (as I myself have done so) and move on.

Cheers.