• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Tharman must not become President

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The importance of the coming PE is more in its symbolism , what a certain candidate represents what the people want to tell the PAP.
A vote for TKL to most peope represent a vote against the PAP and a vote for T represent a vote for PAP.
So if you love foreign talents esp CECA and enjoy carrying cardboards for retirement , by all means vote for Tharman.
LHL will see a victory for Tharman as an endorsement of himself and I can guarantee you will "enjoy" more and more years of ................suffering

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The importance of the coming PE is more in its symbolism , what a certain candidate represents what the people want to tell the PAP.
A vote for TKL to most peope represent a vote against the PAP and a vote for T represent a vote for PAP.
So if you love foreign talents esp CECA and enjoy carrying cardboards for retirement , by all means vote for Tharman.
LHL will see a victory for Tharman as an endorsement of himself and I can guarantee you will "enjoy" more and more years of ................suffering
Correct. If Tharman wins and worse gets >50% of voteshare, next day jitao floodgate open for CECAs to flood our tiny island NBCB, LOL.

Last edited:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iris koh also support tkl

Dear Friends,

A while ago, Leong Sze Hian wrote this book. Uniquely Singapore – The Untold Story of the COVID-19 Battle.

Mr Tan Kin Lian wrote this book review:

Book review by

Tan Kin Lian
Former President, Singapore Actuarial Society Retired Chief Executive Office, NTUC Income Insurance cooperative Ltd.

"I first met Leong Sze Hian over 40 years ago, when we both served on the council of the Singapore Professional Center.

I got to know Sze Hian better over the past 15 years, when I learned about his active involvement in social and economic issues.

Sze Hian and I shared a common passion. We both like to get reliable data, form findings from a rational analysis of the data and share them in the social and mainstream media.

While Sze Hian may appear at times to be critical of the "authority" and the policy makers, I know that he has the interest of the common people foremost in his mind.

His critical remarks are sometimes due to frustration over the lack of response of the "authority" in providing the data that he requested or in engaging with him on his findings..

I also face a similar frustration.

In my view, by refusing to engage people like Sze Hian, the policy makers fail to tap into a useful resource and the practical experience of knowledgeable people.

They would be making inferior public policies as a result.

In this book, Sze Hian has carried out his painstaking research into the handling of the covid pandemic in Singapore over the past two years, and has given his view about the actions that were taken.

I hope that the policy makers will reflect on his remarks and engage him on some of the issues that he has raised."

Leong Sze Hian has published his 5th book: “Uniquely Singapore – The Untold Story of the COVID-19 Battle”

--------------------------
Commentary:
The fact that TKL was willing to give a book review of a non-establishment book shows to me that he is courageous enough to think differently than all the rest.

We need non-Establishment folks to speak up.

He may not be the perfect President, but he was willing to put his neck out again to give everyone a chance to vote for an Independent candidate and even gracious enough to step back if George Goh qualifies. I believe his heart is in the right place which is what matters.

And for that, I will be giving my full support to Tan Kin Lian for President to stop Tharman from becoming President and giving WEF the green light with their plans.

He is really our only hope to free Singapore now from the clutches of the Globalists' Plans. For those who are planning to spoil your votes, I encourage you to give them to TKL.

Iris Koh
t.me/healingthedivide

---------------------------------

You can order the book now

Paynow 96804908

DBS 0220012975

Paypal [email protected]

Price: Pay what you like

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1131437

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
what the F is this?
I don't know the English term.
zuān niú jiǎo jiān
lit. to penetrate into a bull's horn (idiom); fig. to waste time on an insoluble or insignificant problem to bash one's head against a brick wall a wild goose chase a blind alley to split hairs

钻牛角尖, zuan niu jiao jian: ‘To tunnel into an ox’s horn.’ Meaning: To focus upon unnecessarily fine details.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...6?cid=internal_mcdrecs_19082023_cna#mdcrecs_s

Tan Kin Lian says he will channel public feedback if elected President​

The former NTUC Income chief also touted his international experience and said he plans to hold a physical rally.
Tan Kin Lian says he will channel public feedback if elected President

Presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian (standing, in blue) greets a member of the public at Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre, Aug 19, 2023. (Photo: CNA/Davina Tham)
19 Aug 2023 12:36PM(Updated: 19 Aug 2023 03:35PM)

SINGAPORE: Being "a conduit for public feedback" will be a "very important role" if he is elected President, Mr Tan Kin Lian said on Saturday (Aug 19).

"Otherwise, how do I know the aspirations of the people?" asked the 75-year-old presidential hopeful, adding that "skill" is needed to discern "real problems" and practical solutions.

The former chief executive of NTUC Income was speaking to reporters before a walkabout at Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre in Woodlands.

"One reason why I'm very angry at the current government – I send so many suggestions on day-to-day life," said Mr Tan.

He added that he did so as a member of the public but did not receive the response he expected.

Mr Tan also said the role of the President is "to be acting independent of the government to look after the interests of the people", adding that this is "not expressly stated" in the Constitution.

Analysts have previously stressed that Singapore's President does not shape policies, and has limited influence on policymaking.

One political analyst told CNA that the President "cannot act like a politician and become a power centre functioning separately from the government".

Mr Tan also touted his experience on the international stage that would help him to represent Singapore's interests if elected President.

From 1992 to 1997, he was the chairman of the International Co-operative and Mutual Insurance Federation. The industry association for insurers has close to 200 members in about 60 countries, according to its website.

Mr Tan said his involvement with the federation was not just limited to his years as chairman but stretched over 20 years, and that he travelled "two, three times a year" to meet counterparts in other countries.

He said his international experience was "quite adequate" next to former senior minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, whom he described as his "most formidable candidate".

Mr Tan added that he has "no doubt" supporters of the opposition are with him, but that he is also trying to reach out to middle-ground voters, estimated at "30 to 40 per cent" of the electorate.

He said he will tentatively hold a physical rally on Aug 25, at an unconfirmed location.

The Elections Department has said that physical rallies are not encouraged for the Presidential Election as they "may be divisive and not congruent with the unifying role of the Elected Presidency".

"Not encouraged means it's not illegal. So I want to have a rally because I know many people want to hear what I have to say," said Mr Tan.

Three men have qualified for the Presidential Election – Mr Tan, Mr Tharman and former GIC chief investment officer Ng Kok Song. The next step for them is to be nominated as candidates.

Nomination proceedings will take place on Aug 22. If more than one candidate is nominated, Singaporeans will go to the polls on Sep 1.
------------

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP keep trying to use the main media to say that the president must be 'Unifying people' and above politics etc. But is actually pure Bullshill.

Half truths and strawman arguments are the PAP regime's bread and butter. :biggrin:

Unifying the people? Refer to the previous tudung-wearing bitch Istana puppet. Didn't even bother going through the charade of the voting process... she was nothing more than an 'affirmative action' hire. :roflmao:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Half truths and strawman arguments are the PAP regime's bread and butter. :biggrin:

Unifying the people? Refer to the previous tudung-wearing bitch Istana puppet. Didn't even bother going through the charade of the voting process... she was nothing more than an 'affirmative action' hire. :roflmao:
Can those CECA that are new citizen vote? If they can vote then tharman win liao.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be very boring to have Tharman as president. :frown::devilish::biggrin:
Not only boring but extremely risk when he is acting as a 2nd key to CPIB investigation.

Once PM Lee refused to concur a CPIB investigation either on ministers on himself, Tharman will 100% support the PAP PM to reject CPIB, case closed 神不知鬼不觉 hong kan riaoz.

In fact Tharman resigns from PAP with a golden handshake hence confirm SMLJ also agrees with the PM.

jw5

Loyal
Not only boring but extremely risk when he is acting as a 2nd key to CPIB investigation.

Once PM Lee refused to concur a CPIB investigation either on ministers on himself, Tharman will 100% support the PAP PM to reject CPIB, case closed 神不知鬼不觉 hong kan riaoz.

In fact Tharman resigns from PAP with a golden handshake hence confirm SMLJ also agrees with the PM.

Although I don't want another ex PAP person to be the next president, I doubt Tharman is the kind of guy who would keep quiet and do nothing, if he was convinced there was clearly any wrongdoing on the part of any individual(s). Unfortunately, he would probably keep quiet and do nothing if PAP continues the way they have been governing all these years.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a question that the free media journalists should pose to TKL, that, if, CPIB wants to investigate Black Mambas, and PM says no, would TKL give the go ahead ? It's indirectly asking Tharman. :rolleyes:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The online optimism over TKL's chances is like the online optimism over the Opposition's chances in the last General Election: over-optimistic.
In the end, the number of seats won by the Opposition was lower than what netizens were predicting or hoping for.
Those who support the establishment do not need to go online and trumpet their support for Tharman.
They know their bread and butter comes from the PAP or government.

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
These 3 candidate are similar of same nature, they are no threat to the Govt
No matter who we voted for, we wont see them performing like President Ong Teng Cheong
Govt have told President Ong Teng Cheong that they needed 56 man-years to prepare his Report
Have any of our past President continue this unfinished work left behind by their predecessor ?
So on the 1st Sept, dont waste your time & chance ... go vote as early as possible
Then cheong to JB immediately to start your long weekend holiday, that is the real SG spirit, run away for a short holiday, recharge !

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The online optimism over TKL's chances is like the online optimism over the Opposition's chances in the last General Election: over-optimistic.
In the end, the number of seats won by the Opposition was lower than what netizens were predicting or hoping for.
Those who support the establishment do not need to go online and trumpet their support for Tharman.
They know their bread and butter comes from the PAP or government.
This PE is not a Jurong GRC GE with only 131K voters. It's about the whole future of S'pore with 2.7M voters.

Unlike a normal GE whereby PAP uses divide and conquer with many low mediocre opposition candidates spread out island wide to pwn the opposition, the candidates for this election are all endorsed and certified by PEC.

It's a completely different unprecedented ball game like a Single-Member Constituency (SMC) for the whole freaking country with PAP (+Estab) vs Independent (Opposition).

It's our one and only hope, once in a lifetime experience to vote against the PAP for the whole country like a national referendum.