• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What SO GOOD About Workers Party???

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading so many threads by many street rats screaming n yelling at our current govt or PAP, why not we take a shift and have some focus on the opposition party instead. Let's talk about the most famous opposition part Workers Party..

Now, let's not talk about the negative of WP. Let's not follow those street rats who ONLY know how to be a NATO. Let's talk about the positive of WP.

Many claimed how well the WP have managed the Aljunied GRC but let's take a look here. At the moment they are just managing a GRC and not a nation. Also their so-called humble attitude is to win the hearts of voters. Tactics is all the same no matter which party.

To quote a very good example here is : When a hawker start off say selling Wanton Noodles, before he make his name he'll be very humble, down to earth, work hard and be very hands on. But come the day when his Wanton Noodle store start to have retail chain in Singapore, you can see this person will no longer be doing his wanton noodles and the standard of the taste will also drop drastically.

The above example is to show everyone that WP are not humble. I dare to say very loudly if WP takes over the cabinet and Low Thia Kiang become the PM, his eyes will be on top of his head when he walks. You think by then Low Thia Kiang will still be the person he is now???

Come on, don't be naive!!!

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Human beings are not perfect, so it's better to have checks and balances in every country.

Even in the days of emperors, checks and balances exist. When an emperor becomes unpopular enough, a group of people will not care about treason or whether the emperor is a son of heaven but will just raise an army to war against and depose him into an ordinary citizen, or sometimes even executing him.

Changing power by violence is not acceptable today. So we have elections to play that role.

As everyone can see, no defence of any opposition is made here. WP may or may not be as good as PAP, but the checks in Singapore's system is far from ideal.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

To quote a very good example here is : When a hawker start off say selling Wanton Noodles, before he make his name he'll be very humble, down to earth, work hard and be very hands on. But come the day when his Wanton Noodle store start to have retail chain in Singapore, you can see this person will no longer be doing his wanton noodles and the standard of the taste will also drop drastically.

The above example is to show everyone that WP are not humble. I dare to say very loudly if WP takes over the cabinet and Low Thia Kiang become the PM, his eyes will be on top of his head when he walks. You think by then Low Thia Kiang will still be the person he is now???

Even if he becomes a bastard, he will be 'our' bastard.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After reading so many threads by many street rats screaming n yelling at our current govt or PAP, why not we take a shift and have some focus on the opposition party instead. Let's talk about the most famous opposition part Workers Party..

Many claimed how well the WP have managed the Aljunied GRC but let's take a look here. At the moment they are just managing a GRC and not a nation. Also their so-called humble attitude is to win the hearts of voters. Tactics is all the same no matter which party.

That the PAP lost a GRC, headed by a successor to LHL, shows the deep dislike sinkees have for the PAP. The PAP defeated itself with its self-serving policies.
Why take the spotlight from the PAP? If the government does not want to take charge, they can simply step aside.

You are in the wrong forum to preach the goodness of the PAP. Go to the PAP-endorsed forum if you want to preach. But if you are here to make a living, you are always welcome. I know it is hard to eke out a living in world-class sinkapore, so you sleeping with the devil to do that is totally understandable.

Back to your topic ...if WP controls a GRC is insignificant, then the PAP running a tiny dot that is even smaller than the SAR of HK is even more insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP is not good; however they are like vaccine.

They are suppose to make PAP stronger.

But if PAP is weak and got attack by virus and died; WP will rule the earth.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now, let's not talk about the negative of WP. Let's not follow those street rats who ONLY know how to be a NATO. Let's talk about the positive of WP.

what wonderful insight...............

i've always thought a state of voluntary anarchy would be perfect for S'pore............

no need to fear Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader liao...........

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does your hawker exist in real life? You are just a PAP dog.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We are long overdue for a revolution. Do we have a Che in sinkapore?

you are advocating anarchy - another very dangerous provocation and call. you produce a Che and the Che became the dictator and the cycle goes on and on. the peasants and the people will forever suffer and in serfdom.

pap is the best government for singapore. i said if before and i say it now - unashamededly. simply because the pap dares to be different - it dares to change. it dares to renovate, rejuvenate, relocate, reconsider and redress...redeem, repent and repress...it has all the instruments of a world class governance: all in place.it has all the resources. it has all the knowledge, the software and the hardware. it has softened its stand somewhat pampering to a softer generation. but it will not hesitate to hit hard when it calls for hard truths and for the sake of national safety and security.

no party is good enough to replace the incumbents. wp is just a wayang party - a surrogate opposition so to speak. love it or hate it , singaporeans will have to live with the policies and dictates of the incumbents. majulah singapura!!!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are advocating anarchy - another very dangerous provocation and call. you produce a Che and the Che became the dictator and the cycle goes on and on. the peasants and the people will forever suffer and in serfdom.
One dictatorship to another ...no big deal. Anyway, a change of environment is good mah.

pap is the best government for singapore. i said if before and i say it now - unashamededly. simply because the pap dares to be different - it dares to change. it dares to renovate, rejuvenate, relocate, reconsider and redress...redeem, repent and repress...it has all the instruments of a world class governance: all in place.it has all the resources. it has all the knowledge, the software and the hardware. it has softened its stand somewhat pampering to a softer generation. but it will not hesitate to hit hard when it calls for hard truths and for the sake of national safety and security.
:eek:

no party is good enough to replace the incumbents. wp is just a wayang party - a surrogate opposition so to speak. love it or hate it , singaporeans will have to live with the policies and dictates of the incumbents. majulah singapura!!!
If you are right, then we need a revolutionary party.
Sinkee Che, where are you?

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instant death is better than slow death. The former is painless, the latter is eternal suffering while watching the PAP rip you off.

The fact remains that WP lacks talent and resources. They have even admitted themselves they are not ready. When they are ready, then a 2 party system will be viable. Its up to the present WP leadership to critically steer the party to readiness.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think the forum is current crawling with very politicize persons pushing their agendas. The role of opposition is to check and to prevent absolute power. WP is a budding party and it offers hope to people who are sick and tired of the lies from the current stable of officials. I know it is not possible for the opposition to form a government immediately in 2016, but I would really like to see them capturing at least 35% of the seats to prevent an absolute majority. From there, they can organise Shadow government and develop from there.

I do agree that opposition still lacks the skills on International stage, but at least they have heart for the people. I would also like to point out that some of the parachuted MPs/Ministers have absolutely no such experience either when they started off. VB was a Doctor, WKS was a teacher, MBT was an Engineer by training, and both paper generals have nothing much either.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the forum is current crawling with very politicize persons pushing their agendas. The role of opposition is to check and to prevent absolute power. WP is a budding party and it offers hope to people who are sick and tired of the lies from the current stable of officials. I know it is not possible for the opposition to form a government immediately in 2016, but I would really like to see them capturing at least 35% of the seats to prevent an absolute majority. From there, they can organise Shadow government and develop from there.
I think it is possible for the WP to form the next government. You can see how the PAP is selling out the country and the WP should play that up on election. It is okay to be labelled as xenophobic by the PAP. Wear it with pride and declare the WP as the Party for Sinkees. WP should give up portraying itself as PAP-lite. We don't need a PAP lite, we need a party that is willing to tear down all the wrong policies like high salaries for ministers and civil servants, mass import of foreigners, high taxes on the poor, overpriced public housing, high cost of public healthcare and lack of accountability by minsiters.
The PAP has to go if sinkees are to get first shots at jobs and live a sustainable middle-class life.

I do agree that opposition still lacks the skills on International stage, but at least they have heart for the people. I would also like to point out that some of the parachuted MPs/Ministers have absolutely no such experience either when they started off. VB was a Doctor, WKS was a teacher, MBT was an Engineer by training, and both paper generals have nothing much either.
We don't need to focus on the international stage, we need to get our house in order. Let's just mind our business and go about to build a sustainable and equitable country for all. Look at the Nordic countries as examples.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is possible for the WP to form the next government. You can see how the PAP is selling out the country and the WP should play that up on election. It is okay to be labelled as xenophobic by the PAP. Wear it with pride and declare the WP as the Party for Sinkees. WP should give up portraying itself as PAP-lite. We don't need a PAP lite, we need a party that is willing to tear down all the wrong policies like high salaries for ministers and civil servants, mass import of foreigners, high taxes on the poor, overpriced public housing, high cost of public healthcare and lack of accountability by minsiters.
The PAP has to go if sinkees are to get first shots at jobs and live a sustainable middle-class life.

We don't need to focus on the international stage, we need to get our house in order. Let's just mind our business and go about to build a sustainable and equitable country for all. Look at the Nordic countries as examples.

I can't see a WP PM or DPM yet. FM maybe in Pritam--needs to impart somemore knowledge in him though.

jw5

Loyal
I can't see a WP PM or DPM yet. FM maybe in Pritam--needs to impart somemore knowledge in him though.

LOL.
No wonder some guys call you fake opposition supporter.
Either that or you have been deluded into thinking that those jobs require expertise and precision like brain surgeons and rocket scientists.