• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What SO GOOD About Workers Party???

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't see a WP PM or DPM yet. FM maybe in Pritam--needs to impart somemore knowledge in him though.

Not really. Shanmugam also blur but he has MFA back-up. If WKS was once in FA, need I say more. SL can fit in nicely to MHA. Once again, where WKS was, most will fit in nicely.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
To quote a very good example here is : When a hawker start off say selling Wanton Noodles, before he make his name he'll be very humble, down to earth, work hard and be very hands on. But come the day when his Wanton Noodle store start to have retail chain in Singapore, you can see this person will no longer be doing his wanton noodles and the standard of the taste will also drop drastically.

The above example is to show everyone that WP are not humble. I dare to say very loudly if WP takes over the cabinet and Low Thia Kiang become the PM, his eyes will be on top of his head when he walks. You think by then Low Thia Kiang will still be the person he is now???

Come on, don't be naive!!!

Btw, how you know they will change as such, you know LTK personally, or you decide WP policy?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact remains that WP lacks talent and resources. They have even admitted themselves they are not ready. When they are ready, then a 2 party system will be viable. Its up to the present WP leadership to critically steer the party to readiness.

The WP is modest ...success attracts followers ...the talent pool has increased in WP.

I want to see a change from First Past The Post to Proportional Representation to thwart another single party dominating. Yes, democracy is messy and sinkees will have to get use to it. They will learn that their voice is truly represented with PR.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll throw in my two cents on this.

Firstly, a society is only as good as the people in it. All political parties are the same, good or bad depends on many factors, many of which are beyond their doing or control. If the citizens are cohesive, disciplined and hardworking, it will progress with a minimum government involvement. If the citizens are rebellious, polarised, disunited and irresponsible, the society will fail despite how good the government may be. I believe that Singapore grew well since independence because her people are basicaly not trouble-makers. Trade flourished because of regional peace (this, gotta thank Suharto), industry grew because of a peaceful society too, of course being favored by the powers of the day helped. If there was more freedom to the arts, creativity may have grown too, but the population and country (and hence market) is small.

All through this period, all the credit has gone to the leaders - without any talk on the sacrifice and efforts of the people - I wonder why? And because of this, the picture painted is that all this progress was achieved due to the leadership! All?

Well, the WP has been the underdog all this time, but now, its harder for the top dog to bear its teeth. No, the WP is not the machinery the PAP has evolved into, but if there are any ill-feelings for the PAP, it is natural and can't be avoided.

Cheers!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
objective number one, rid the PAP of the 2/3 majority. anything more is a bonus :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nah, we can do better ...PAP will lose power. The ground is ripe for change. WP needs to cash in now, stop trying to be PAP-lite. They need a unique platform that is true to their cause. Sinkees are sick of the tall tales and bs from the PAP. So, if the WP presents a PAP-lite platform, they deserve to be sidelined.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
That the PAP lost a GRC, headed by a successor to LHL, shows the deep dislike sinkees have for the PAP. The PAP defeated itself with its self-serving policies.
Why take the spotlight from the PAP? If the government does not want to take charge, they can simply step aside.

You are in the wrong forum to preach the goodness of the PAP. Go to the PAP-endorsed forum if you want to preach. But if you are here to make a living, you are always welcome. I know it is hard to eke out a living in world-class sinkapore, so you sleeping with the devil to do that is totally understandable.

Back to your topic ...if WP controls a GRC is insignificant, then the PAP running a tiny dot that is even smaller than the SAR of HK is even more insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Do you know what winnie, after exchanging some post with you earlier on i find that you're rather contradicting n confusing. Worst part you're not confusing me but yourself.

Earlier on, you claimed yourself as a non-descendant chinese. You doesn't recognize your own ancestor road which is a failure of you already.

Now, you are saying I'm preaching the good of PAP??? So what if i'm preaching their positives??? Indeed they have shown us the positives. But look at yourself, you are not blaming the govt but nation as it is clearly shown in your words by insulting your country as Sinkapore....

If you wish you own country to SINK, then why are you staying back here???

I'm not coming to a forum to make a living neither am i here to earn recognition like other fools and cowards. I don't even has the slightest fear in being zap or moderated.

So please winni, talk with sense... Go back home n ask you grandparents where they come from.

If you think the PAP is not doing a good job, tell me the positive of your supportive workers party. Thank you

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the forum is current crawling with very politicize persons pushing their agendas. The role of opposition is to check and to prevent absolute power. WP is a budding party and it offers hope to people who are sick and tired of the lies from the current stable of officials. I know it is not possible for the opposition to form a government immediately in 2016, but I would really like to see them capturing at least 35% of the seats to prevent an absolute majority. From there, they can organise Shadow government and develop from there.

I do agree that opposition still lacks the skills on International stage, but at least they have heart for the people. I would also like to point out that some of the parachuted MPs/Ministers have absolutely no such experience either when they started off. VB was a Doctor, WKS was a teacher, MBT was an Engineer by training, and both paper generals have nothing much either.

Even if you have a 51%-49%, the opposition can't do much because the cabinet is still control by the PAP....

They can voice but whether the cabinet takes their advice or not is another issue.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is possible for the WP to form the next government. You can see how the PAP is selling out the country and the WP should play that up on election. It is okay to be labelled as xenophobic by the PAP. Wear it with pride and declare the WP as the Party for Sinkees. WP should give up portraying itself as PAP-lite. We don't need a PAP lite, we need a party that is willing to tear down all the wrong policies like high salaries for ministers and civil servants, mass import of foreigners, high taxes on the poor, overpriced public housing, high cost of public healthcare and lack of accountability by minsiters.
The PAP has to go if sinkees are to get first shots at jobs and live a sustainable middle-class life.

We don't need to focus on the international stage, we need to get our house in order. Let's just mind our business and go about to build a sustainable and equitable country for all. Look at the Nordic countries as examples.

Again you are predicting the future without any hard core facts.

Come the day if WP rule SG n your beloved Low Thia Kiang becomes PM, you think he doesn't want a high salary???

You think LTK would be so noble and humble to take a mini salary package and run the country for you??? You think he will lower the taxes, cut out FTs and so on??? What makes you think so ???

Ask yourself, if you're the PM of a nation.... Would you draw a sergeants salary but doing a colonel job!!!

Unless you can present the facts here that your beloved WP will do all the following if they rule SG. Otherwise all is only prediction and a country be run on predictions.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, how you know they will change as such, you know LTK personally, or you decide WP policy?

Good question...

Then my question back to you is also what makes you so sure that if WP rules the nation, it will be better than PAP??? You run WPs??? Or are you LTK yourself???

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
MEN IN PINK

PM+Lee.jpg

Pink+Dot+2.jpg

D8521A27A9D9DCE05F515A58B26134.jpg

302 HOSSAN LEONG

Last edited: