• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What SO GOOD About Workers Party???

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you debate with peppertail, it is utterly exasperating. So, you throw one-liner back to him as well.
nothing to be alarmed.

some, when defending the indefensible, will resort to obfuscation, distraction, frustration.

anyway in this case, he chose to weigh in for hk14k/topic of fairness. i did not start it or intend to debate hk14k/topic of fairness with him.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
does your monitor give you problem such that you missed the part?

here it is:-
>1st you questioned my use of "unfair" but later you tried to obfuscate the matter by throwing in "cheap".<

Yes i know what you were referring to but i still don't understand what's so interesting about it.

I simply disagreed with your statement that the COE bidding mechanism is what people are unhappy about. I believe it is simply because of the high costs. Who cares about the bidding system if you don't have the money anyway...twit.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i know what you were referring to but i still don't understand what's so interesting about it.

I simply disagreed with your statement that the COE bidding mechanism is what people are unhappy about.
oic.

then it could be my monitor that is bad because at 1st i thought you not happy of my use of "unfair" but then you seem to suggest that if it's cheap, even if it's still unfair then people wouldn't complain which you still didn't elaborate/rebut why you not happy with "unfair".

I believe it is simply because of the high costs. Who cares about the bidding system if you don't have the money anyway...twit.
so you still dun disagree that c.o.e system is unfair?

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I don't understand why so many of the longer service forummers here even bother debating with the starter of this thread.
If the bugger is really what he claims to be, ie. someone who for many years has lived outside Singapore, made his living outside Singapore and is happy outside Singapore, then why the hell is he criticizing Singaporeans who actually live and work in Singapore and have to put up with the government in Singapore? What credibility does such a person have?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is fair. Whoever has enough money can buy a car.

If this is the case then every bidder should pay the price they bidded instead of all paying the same successful bid price which is the average bid.
But this will result in more conservative bids and lesser money in the coffers....a big no-no for pap.

Last edited:

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is the case then every bidder should pay the price they bidded instead of all paying the same successful bid price which is the average bid.
But this will result in more conservative bids and lesser money in the coffers....a big no-no for pap.

Actually if I remember correctly, the successful bidders pay the amount of the last successful bid, not even the average bid.
And you are absolutely right. For the longest time, many have rightly proposed that every successful bidder should pay the amount they bid as this will make bidders more circumspect in their bidding and definitely lead to lower bids all round and also lessen wild fluctuations. But as you say, there's no way the cheng hu will adopt that as the crimping effect on their take will be significant.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paying and average makes those that bid low unhappy and those that bid higher happy. In the end they all pay the same. Very fair.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is fair. Whoever has enough money can buy a car.

Paying and average makes those that bid low unhappy and those that bid higher happy. In the end they all pay the same. Very fair.
looks like you and i, we have different interpretation of "fair"/"unfair"

if every1 paying average is fair then what has 1 having more $$ got to do here?

and average price conflicts with the purpose of "bidding". we might as well fixed a price from today onwards

anyway i could not force my view on you or any1 else and you are free to insist black-is-white-white-is-black. i'm prepared to let others laugh at my stupidity. are you?