• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What SO GOOD About Workers Party???

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
6470_10201102580436033_1163995417_n.jpg

302 JOSHUA URIEL LEONG

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
MEN IN BLUE

Chen+Shao+Mao.jpg

chenshowmao.jpg

hougang.JPG

IMG-20110718-01487.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yoytgcPNtLY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if you have a 51%-49%, the opposition can't do much because the cabinet is still control by the PAP....

They can voice but whether the cabinet takes their advice or not is another issue.

yeah. you vote in the government and it rules with absolute power for the next 5 years. all the checks and balances are bullshit. that is why i would prefer the pap to be removed from power rather than more oppositions in parliament.

Then my question back to you is also what makes you so sure that if WP rules the nation, it will be better than PAP??? You run WPs??? Or are you LTK yourself???

nobody really knows if the WP would be better or worse than PAP.

based on your arguments. the Taiwanese and Japanese should not change their long-governing parties in 2000 and 2008 respectively because their opposition parties have never ruled the nations previously. they voted out their two long-governing parties and voted them back into government again. the two countries are doing well now. Sinkies should vote out the PAP, try out a new government for 1/2 terms. if the people are dissatisfied with the new government. they can vote in the PAP to be government again.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again you are predicting the future without any hard core facts.

You think LTK would be so noble and humble to take a mini salary package and run the country for you??? You think he will lower the taxes, cut out FTs and so on??? What makes you think so ???

It's quite funny to accuse someone of making predictions on one hand and then you also make a prediction yourself.

Nobility and humility in politicians will only be found with proper checks and balance. Just like a strong WP keeps the PAP government in check, WP government will be checked by a PAP opposition.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

To quote a very good example here is : When a hawker start off say selling Wanton Noodles, before he make his name he'll be very humble, down to earth, work hard and be very hands on. But come the day when his Wanton Noodle store start to have retail chain in Singapore, you can see this person will no longer be doing his wanton noodles and the standard of the taste will also drop drastically.

!

At least you recognised that PAP is going downhill.
Be it be PAP, WP, SDP, NSP or any other parties, results will be the same after sometime with absolute power.
IT CORRUPTS!!!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody really knows if the WP would be better or worse than PAP.

based on your arguments. the Taiwanese and Japanese should not change their long-governing parties in 2000 and 2008 respectively because their opposition parties have never ruled the nations previously. they voted out their two long-governing parties and voted them back into government again. the two countries are doing well now. Sinkies should vote out the PAP, try out a new government for 1/2 terms. if the people are dissatisfied with the new government. they can vote in the PAP to be government again.

Do you know who's the current party that rules Taiwan at the moment???? Do you know Ma Ying-jeou belongs to which party or not???? If you don't know, allow me to tell you before even you make comparisons in the future. Do you homework first.

Ma Ying-jeou is the chairman of KuoMingTang (KMT) since 2005. KMT is the ruling govt before world war 2 in China and back then it was Chiang Kai-sheik. The Founder of KMT was Sun Yat-sen.

And here you're telling me that KMT has never ruled the nation before????

As I mentioned before, changing of a govt is based on the opposition party ability. Don't tell me try. Don't tell me give them a chance... What if the chance fails?? What if the TRY doesn't works out??

A nation is not a play thing or an arcade game which after you game over, you can start all over again.

I've no opinion to change a govt but at least the new party must show some ppl who's capable.

Yes, PAP has been making mistakes but are you telling me that if WP or any other party takes over it will be mistake free??? Apart from the mistakes that PAP made, they are proven n they have proved to turn SG from an island full of coconut trees into a financial hub.

Tell me how far can WP bring SG to the next era or improve the lives of Singaporeans. Talk is easy... WP right now is not in power, they can sweet talk to earn votes but when they are in power, do you think they'll be so good to listen to you now. By then do you think Low Thia Kiang will still be so on the ball doing ground work??? Talk with sense please!!!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite funny to accuse someone of making predictions on one hand and then you also make a prediction yourself.

Nobility and humility in politicians will only be found with proper checks and balance. Just like a strong WP keeps the PAP government in check, WP government will be checked by a PAP opposition.

I'm not making any prediction. I'm against a change of govt now because i see thing are stable at the moment which is why i dun have to predict.

The current crop of opposition simply are not good enough to replace the current govt even if the current govt is not doing a good job. I don't have to predict, tell me who's capable in the opposition. 3 names regardless of parties. Low Thia Kiang??? Chiam See Tong??? Or who???

You guys keep saying PAP cheated your monies... If it is really true, then you mean WP wouldn't cheat money when they are in power????

I'm just throwing a question back on all your predictions.... Take a nation future n "TRY"!!! What a joke...

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least you recognised that PAP is going downhill.
Be it be PAP, WP, SDP, NSP or any other parties, results will be the same after sometime with absolute power.
IT CORRUPTS!!!

What PAP need now is to maintain n expand gradually just like in a business...

Starting a business is hard, maintaining it is even harder. Likewise, building a nation is hard, maintaining our global status is even harder now.

Many good for nothings have been very contradicting in their words in this forum... I can simply quote you an example...

Alot of cowards here like to call FT from china Ah Tiongs, India "Ah Nehs"... They hated the govt that allows them to come into our nation and enjoy the success that is build around local Singaporeans.

But look here, SG success was created by PAP n not WP and now all this clowns want other parties to sit on the success of PAP, just like what they claimed that Ah Tiongs n Ah Neys sit on SG success created by the locals.... Contradicting right!!!

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
What PAP need now is to maintain n expand gradually just like in a business...

Starting a business is hard, maintaining it is even harder. Likewise, building a nation is hard, maintaining our global status is even harder now.

Many good for nothings have been very contradicting in their words in this forum... I can simply quote you an example...

Alot of cowards here like to call FT from china Ah Tiongs, India "Ah Nehs"... They hated the govt that allows them to come into our nation and enjoy the success that is build around local Singaporeans.

But look here, SG success was created by PAP n not WP and now all this clowns want other parties to sit on the success of PAP, just like what they claimed that Ah Tiongs n Ah Neys sit on SG success created by the locals.... Contradicting right!!!

Without pioneer generation of Singaporeans, PAP is nothing.
The way I see it now, present PAP has no clue how to move forward.
Sooner or later, it will be unsustainable.
PAP and their beloved FT will take money and run road.
Leaving remaining Singaporeans and AP to pick up the pieces.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good question...

Then my question back to you is also what makes you so sure that if WP rules the nation, it will be better than PAP??? You run WPs??? Or are you LTK yourself???

If you haven't realised, you haven't answered my question. PAP and WP is like Singaporeans and FTs, if PAP can't do a good job with the resources at their disposal and their existing political infrastructure, why can't I replace them with WP that is leaner, meaner, cheaper and faster. It doesn't matter whether they can run better than PAP, the underlying criteria is they are not PAP. In short, people have become disillusioned with our current government and they want change. Do I run WP, erm no, LTK himself, no but I have the upmost respect for the man, a true blue politican with a heart. Sure, they don't have a track record of governing the country, guess what, LKY was no different when he became elected. The similarities between LKY then and LTK now is striking, both are good at speeches, both have the hunger to succeed and lastly, what they did is for the Singaporean people. The thing is why are you asking me all these questions when you have already made your predetermined conclusions on how WP will run the country. I never said I was privy to WP's policy making, but you seem to know better with your shining wanton mee seller example, so all I'm asking is how you know, and now you are asking me back again? Dafuq?

Do you know who's the current party that rules Taiwan at the moment???? Do you know Ma Ying-jeou belongs to which party or not???? If you don't know, allow me to tell you before even you make comparisons in the future. Do you homework first.

Ma Ying-jeou is the chairman of KuoMingTang (KMT) since 2005. KMT is the ruling govt before world war 2 in China and back then it was Chiang Kai-sheik. The Founder of KMT was Sun Yat-sen.

And here you're telling me that KMT has never ruled the nation before????

As I mentioned before, changing of a govt is based on the opposition party ability. Don't tell me try. Don't tell me give them a chance... What if the chance fails?? What if the TRY doesn't works out??

A nation is not a play thing or an arcade game which after you game over, you can start all over again.

I've no opinion to change a govt but at least the new party must show some ppl who's capable.

Yes, PAP has been making mistakes but are you telling me that if WP or any other party takes over it will be mistake free??? Apart from the mistakes that PAP made, they are proven n they have proved to turn SG from an island full of coconut trees into a financial hub.

Tell me how far can WP bring SG to the next era or improve the lives of Singaporeans. Talk is easy... WP right now is not in power, they can sweet talk to earn votes but when they are in power, do you think they'll be so good to listen to you now. By then do you think Low Thia Kiang will still be so on the ball doing ground work??? Talk with sense please!!!

I think he already mentioned the KMT is back in power, you need to read properly before commenting.

Can you name me one capable person in our current PAP cabinet?

Coconut trees to financial hub, right. You really buy the propaganda the ST has been shoveling down you throat?

WP may or may not be mistake free, if you never try, you'll never know. But we can say for certain PAP is leading Singapore to the dumps.

Is PAP bringing SG to the next era or improving the lives of Singaporeans? The income inequality gap has never been wider, and here you are, dissing WP on your personal theory on what they might do, when what the PAP has done, is right in front of you.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The title of this thread is stupid or to be precise assumes that majority of the Sinkie electorate is still daft.

The proper questions to ask are:

1) Why are there no credible opposition parties in Sinkieland?

2) What has the PAP, which has been in power for 50 years, done to stifle the development of other political parties?

3 Do these methods amount to abuse of state resources and instruments which are supposed to be used for the benefit of the state and not any particular party?

And last and most important questions:

What has Sinkie electorate done to prevent this state of affairs from arising? Were they blind or dumb or ball-less? Were your parents thinking of your future when they dutifully voted for the lightning that zapped all other political parties or were they thinking of lift upgrading and other "freebies" and to hell with anything that is not "bread and butter"?

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
HK14K, what are your thoughts about the policy of allowing the influx of those Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs?

Honestly, my thoughts are simple. Alot of policy that the SG govt made, is partly due to Singaporeans themselves. All i can say is that the govt cannot be fully blamed.

I think when the first day i logged onto this forum i already had some exchanges with you and if you've remembered my posting or threads, i've quoted many examples out.

Just like MAS revising the car loan to 40-50% upfront. Who to blame? Singaporeans are to blame.....

Singaporeans being fussy n chossy on their expectations of jobs, employers complain to govt, govt got no choice but to help those employers to get workers overseas but in the end also get whacked by locals. And Singaporeans never ask themselves are they willing to take up such jobs first or not before even they complain.

13 years in overseas taught me one thing. it takes 2 hands to clap.

Blaming the govt is easy, who can really blame themselves. Just take myself for example. 16 years ago when i finished my NS, stepped into the SG society n work n noticed that SG was very paper orientated. After spending 3 years working in Singapore, i know my own future doesn't lies here cause i've no papers... I didn't blame the govt, i didn't complain. I just told my dad, if i'm going to stay back, i'll just be a commoner all my life which i didn't wanted. I didn't want a job that is 9-5 n drawing a monthly fix salary. So i moved on.

Like i keep saying, the govt has created a too good SG for you guys to only know how to sit back n complain. Many of you really don't appreciate what you're having now n that's why ppl like you are insulting your own nation like Sinkapore or Stinkapore....

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without pioneer generation of Singaporeans, PAP is nothing.
The way I see it now, present PAP has no clue how to move forward.
Sooner or later, it will be unsustainable.
PAP and their beloved FT will take money and run road.
Leaving remaining Singaporeans and AP to pick up the pieces.

Pioneers are definitely important but leadership is also crucial.

You know what i respect LKY most??? Not becoz of where he has brought SG to be today but the way he handles things. LKY is shrewd, vision, and most importantly vicious. He has no hesitation to bring anyone to the chopping board if needed. This is all the criteria need to be a leader. Of course i need not to mention about his egos....

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pioneers are definitely important but leadership is also crucial.

You know what i respect LKY most??? Not becoz of where he has brought SG to be today but the way he handles things. LKY is shrewd, vision, and most importantly vicious. He has no hesitation to bring anyone to the chopping board if needed. This is all the criteria need to be a leader. Of course i need not to mention about his egos....

Frankly speaking, WP sucks.... but it the best we can have. PAP is going from bad to worse. There is no harm trying out WP if PAP is rotting out at this rate.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading so many threads by many street rats screaming n yelling at our current govt or PAP, why not we take a shift and have some focus on the opposition party instead. Let's talk about the most famous opposition part Workers Party..

Now, let's not talk about the negative of WP. Let's not follow those street rats who ONLY know how to be a NATO. Let's talk about the positive of WP.

Many claimed how well the WP have managed the Aljunied GRC but let's take a look here. At the moment they are just managing a GRC and not a nation. Also their so-called humble attitude is to win the hearts of voters. Tactics is all the same no matter which party.

To quote a very good example here is : When a hawker start off say selling Wanton Noodles, before he make his name he'll be very humble, down to earth, work hard and be very hands on. But come the day when his Wanton Noodle store start to have retail chain in Singapore, you can see this person will no longer be doing his wanton noodles and the standard of the taste will also drop drastically.

The above example is to show everyone that WP are not humble. I dare to say very loudly if WP takes over the cabinet and Low Thia Kiang become the PM, his eyes will be on top of his head when he walks. You think by then Low Thia Kiang will still be the person he is now???

Come on, don't be naive!!!

You must be a PAPaya running dog, haven't you be screwed enough by white maggots!@??

Don't stupid and naïve, all their policies are benefiting papaya gahmen, look around you!

Every damn thing u see is money to the papaya gahmen!!!

Money really no enough, COE always linger around $70-90K, ERP increased sone shot $6.00 per gantry,
Property tax increase on pretext of annual valuation! Fu&^%$king tax department of papaya!
Now they import Foreign Trash provide them Citizenship so papaya will gain votes, but they are losing
local support rapidly!!! Medisave increased force all local insurance company to do the same, cartel!!!~

I am so tired of this long long long standing papaya gahmen, so they just suck every one dry...no money left!!
Come 2016 hope Papaya become a minority ghamen in ParLeeMent!!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The short answer to the STEWpig question embeded in the thread title is:

ALL political parties in Sinkieland - WP, SDP, etc even the damn lightning party - would perform better for the voters if PA and other state resources are not abused. Thanks to these bullies in white the People's Association has become a by word for dirty politics. With all these half pass six fixing going on the following too will be taken down in the eyes of the public - CPIB, Courts, MSM, Town Councils and even Hawkers' Associations, etc. The loss of trust in public institutions is entirely the PAP's doing.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not making any prediction.

Yes you are. Saying LTK will want the money when he becomes PM is a prediction, at the most a speculation.

I'm against a change of govt now because i see thing are stable at the moment which is why i dun have to predict.

My topic with you was on checks, not change of government. The two are interlinked but not the same.

The current crop of opposition simply are not good enough to replace the current govt even if the current govt is not doing a good job.

If that is true, that is a sad reflection of Singapore's talent pool. Ultimately, the PAP is responsible if they are incompetent and the citizens they produce are even worse to be unable to provide an alternative.

I don't have to predict, tell me who's capable in the opposition. 3 names regardless of parties. Low Thia Kiang??? Chiam See Tong??? Or who???

LTK built his business empire from scratch. He was in the materials industry which has its ups and downs and he is one of those who survived throughout. Sylvia Lim got incessantly promoted until she became dept head at Temasek Poly despite being in the opposition. Not many people can get into Davis Polk like CSM. YJJ innovated software that even the Ministry of Education is now largely using. I can cite more examples. Not many PAP ministers can reach the same level.

You guys keep saying PAP cheated your monies...

No one said that.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he already mentioned the KMT is back in power, you need to read properly before commenting.

Can you name me one capable person in our current PAP cabinet?

Coconut trees to financial hub, right. You really buy the propaganda the ST has been shoveling down you throat?

WP may or may not be mistake free, if you never try, you'll never know. But we can say for certain PAP is leading Singapore to the dumps.

Is PAP bringing SG to the next era or improving the lives of Singaporeans? The income inequality gap has never been wider, and here you are, dissing WP on your personal theory on what they might do, when what the PAP has done, is right in front of you.

You mentioned that WP is leaner, cheaper n faster, based on what??? Just on one GRC that LTK is running on??? If LTK becomes the PM, you think he will still be so on the ground just for one GRC?? Do you know what is "working in a project n working on a project"?

You guys like to keep mentioning that LKY has no experience in the 60s when he first build SG. Yes, but let's look back at the period of time. It's during the 60s and SG are not even a developing nation during that time. So after all this years of mistake, they learn from mistakes and has the experience now.

Now you're talking about a new party coming to take over the success that was build by PAP... It's just like so many of you have hated the Ah Tiongs n Ah Nehs that has come to SG to sit on the success build by our local pioneers. Is the same theory.

Lastly, look at the sentence of sideswipe : "based on your arguments. the Taiwanese and Japanese should not change their long-governing parties in 2000 and 2008 respectively because their opposition parties have never ruled the nations previously"...

Sideswipe mentioned that their opposition parties have never ruled the nations previously. Under this sentence, can i assumed that he's saying KMT has no experience in ruling a nation??? Maybe your english standard is "BETTER" to have a different understanding cause from my understand, the KMT took over Taiwan in 2008.

None of his sentence mentioned that KMT is back in power... Show me please.

In future if you wanna talk for others, read properly first...