• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What can I do? Maybank won't give me back my $

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya people out there am hopping you can advice me on some $ matters:o I used to work with a company in Matland sometime back hence I open up a saving account with Maybank in Malaysia so as to draw $ as and when I needed in Matland instead of lugging $ across everytime I go in. After I left the company I still maintained my account ( I did not touch this account for over 10yrs and inside got RM$7000 ). Recently I decided to close this account but was told by Maybank (SG branch) that they can't do it in SG and I need to do it in matland as the account is in matland.
When I went in and asked them to close my account they told me the master signature that is on the bankbook is too blurr to compare it with my signature. So I used my thumb print and they told me my thumb print don't match the one taken 10yrs ago. Hence they refuse to close my account even thou I showed them proof ( my i/c and passport ) that I am the rightful owner of that account. Hence I am left with a Maybank savings account that is rightfully mine but I can't touch the $ inside :(

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
go back to the branch where you originally opened your account

since you opened this account more than 10 years back, you would have signed twice - once on a specimen card and the other on the passbook.

ask them to countercheck your signature against the specimen card if the one in the passbook is too blur

(actually they should know all these :confused:)

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I went in and asked them to close my account they told me the master signature that is on the bankbook is too blurr to compare it with my signature. So I used my thumb print and they told me my thumb print don't match the one taken 10yrs ago. Hence they refuse to close my account even thou I showed them proof ( my i/c and passport ) that I am the rightful owner of that account. Hence I am left with a Maybank savings account that is rightfully mine but I can't touch the $ inside :(

Bro,

I have 2 methods to teach you which I think you can try first.
1) go to the bank (another branch, not the one u went to close account)and ask whether you can apply an atm card for this account. show your ic, etc. chances are you getting an atm card should not be a problem. also at the same time strike up a conversation with the girl what is the procedure if you want to transfer funds from singapore to malaysia as you are keen to purchase a condo, then ask a bit of loan stuff here and there.
You should be able to get the atm card and also they wouldn't get suspicious that you are trying to withdraw all out.
once you get the atm card, you should be able to draw 1000 a day or more. then you slowly take a few trips to take it out. at least better for you that you can still see your money.

if plan 1 fail,
2) go to another branch and ask how to close account. sometimes branch A cannot, branch B can.

last time I work overseas, that time still had no work permit yet, I go to branch A, branch B all cannot open. Then I go branch C tell the manager I want to buy property need to transfer fund, viola can open straight away. And still can get ATM card.

if plan 1,2 fail, then you have to seek legal advice.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
go back to the branch where you originally opened your account

since you opened this account more than 10 years back, you would have signed twice - once on a specimen card and the other on the passbook.

ask them to countercheck your signature against the specimen card if the one in the passbook is too blur

(actually they should know all these :confused:)

Malaysia boleh, you hear before? they just want to stop the person from closing account. they just want you to go through many hassle to make you give up totally.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia boleh, you hear before? they just want to stop the person from closing account. they just want you to go through many hassle to make you give up totally.

i don't think that is the case

my first thought is that the account hit dormant status

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't think that is the case

my first thought is that the account hit dormant status

another thing is due to currency control, by right one should not bring out of malaysia more than 1000RM at a time. by left can as much as you want, but don't get caught

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I have 2 methods to teach you which I think you can try first.
1) go to the bank (another branch, not the one u went to close account)and ask whether you can apply an atm card for this account. show your ic, etc. chances are you getting an atm card should not be a problem. also at the same time strike up a conversation with the girl what is the procedure if you want to transfer funds from singapore to malaysia as you are keen to purchase a condo, then ask a bit of loan stuff here and there.
You should be able to get the atm card and also they wouldn't get suspicious that you are trying to withdraw all out.
once you get the atm card, you should be able to draw 1000 a day or more. then you slowly take a few trips to take it out. at least better for you that you can still see your money.

if plan 1 fail,
2) go to another branch and ask how to close account. sometimes branch A cannot, branch B can.

last time I work overseas, that time still had no work permit yet, I go to branch A, branch B all cannot open. Then I go branch C tell the manager I want to buy property need to transfer fund, viola can open straight away. And still can get ATM card.

if plan 1,2 fail, then you have to seek legal advice.

Method 2 thats what I did when they told me I can't draw my $ out. Then tell me cannot as the reason they reply same as the 1st branch yet to try method 1

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Method 2 thats what I did when they told me I can't draw my $ out. Then tell me cannot as the reason they reply same as the 1st branch yet to try method 1

Its not easy, I guessed. You probably need to ask them what you really have to produce to show them that you are the actual owner of this account since they say ur thumbprint and your signature don't tally

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
keep money in malaysian ringits
is like converting all the money to coins throwing into the river coin by coin
non stop

just go back to malaysia to get your money.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another reason could be the account oredi cleaned out :biggrin:
Heard from an inmate of Pudu who used to be the branch manager of a mudland bank that when their bank branches were doing the process of computerisation of all bank accounts...... there were many dormant accounts where the owners could not be contacted........ it was "bonus" time for many of these bankers as they siphoned off the $$$ from these accounts...... some became millionaires and run road to other countries :biggrin: although there were a few who were found out when some owners finally did turned up to claim the accounts...... looks like the TS account is one of these cases.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just get a Malaysian lawyer and send a lawyer's notice to the bank.

It wont cost much..maybe 200 ringit.
But it will do the job.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore don't return Malaysian worker's CPF.

Maybank also target Singaporeans and hold their accounts.

Collateral damage !

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hence I am left with a Maybank savings account that is rightfully mine but I can't touch the $ inside :(

Hiya

Easier way is to go to a local Maybank outlet, apply for the debit card from this account and just spend it on your expenses till it is almost gone, no need to go over the causeway for this :wink:

Alternatively go to another branch in JB and do a fund transfer to your Sinkapor Maybank acct (of cos you gotta open one in Sinkapor first).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard from an inmate of Pudu who used to be the branch manager of a mudland bank that when their bank branches were doing the process of computerisation of all bank accounts...... there were many dormant accounts where the owners could not be contacted........ it was "bonus" time for many of these bankers as they siphoned off the $$$ from these accounts...... some became millionaires and run road to other countries .

Funny thing is that it also happens in Spore banks :rolleyes:

Heard from Indonesian friends that some Indonesians who opened a bank account in Singapore for long term savings had their funds mysteriously disappear :mad:

So must do regular checks on your funds. Not even Spore is safe :eek:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah! some of you guys comment really scarry thou RM7000 is not much to some of you guys but to me its around my 1 month pay :( I have taken note of most of your advices and will consider the next step to take thanks u all :smile: As to going to the original bank that I open my account that will be very troublesome as its in Penang and I don't think its still there :( Last time I went there for a holiday that whole area was thorn down and a new mall was built ontop of it :(

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had FD a/c(RM) with MB in JB branch before during Dr.M tenure.
During 1997 crisis (when they did currency control), I managed to
withdraw my $$.
Do u want to know the way they advise n allow it???
I hv to transfer to a trusted Malaysian citizen a/c and he gave me
by hand. That is the way they do things and m&d in the head.
LP>>>PL>>>LP>>>PL:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
keep money in malaysian ringits
is like converting all the money to coins throwing into the river coin by coin
non stop

just go back to malaysia to get your money.

You are wrong...many have money stashed in Malaysia...can buy things, eat, spend cheaply...you bodoh!:p

Of course lah!, you keep money with 'ali baba', you must be 'ali ba ba' also!..mark all the jars with "X"..bodoh!?

anyway...be smart!

:biggrin:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard from Indonesian friends that some Indonesians who opened a bank account in Singapore for long term savings had their funds mysteriously disappear :mad:

Yes, those sort of things are independent of country and nationality.

The temptation to steal is always there irrespective of race, language or religion.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

remember dat recent case @ o-see-bee-see wif n o woman? ... dun even let her take out her own moni! ...