• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tropicana on Scotts Road

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not remember any bank robberies in Peesai where the bad guys used full-faced helmets. That idea came from one episode of the old Hawaii 5-O I think.. The authorities then just did not want the image of motorcyclist to be cool, that's the way I see it. Fuck them.
Cheers!

my memory bad but i'm sure it was reported in the ShitTimes & from than on, anyone going into a bank had to take off their helmuts & i think there were posters in the bank about it too, same as those in the post office about people with long hair must go to the back of the queue. To be honest I never liked it when someone wore their helmut into the bank becos the cheebye cisco guard always suka suka point his shotgun & everyone nervous of him more than the guy with his helmut!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
my memory bad but i'm sure it was reported in the ShitTimes & from than on, anyone going into a bank had to take off their helmuts & i think there were posters in the bank about it too, same as those in the post office about people with long hair must go to the back of the queue. To be honest I never liked it when someone wore their helmut into the bank becos the cheebye cisco guard always suka suka point his shotgun & everyone nervous of him more than the guy with his helmut!!

A columnist (I think his name was Lee Chiu San) who wrote on motorcycles and related issues in The New Nation (I think) then actually made recommendations to prevent such robberies from happening without banning the helment - like making it illegal to don a helmet more that a couple of feet away from the bike, of registering the helmet and have a number printed on the helmet - but to no avail, the gahmen went ahead with the ban. Even a mobile squad officer I spoke to disagreed with the ban (he's a rider himself). It wasn't until a few years ago that the ban was lifted - because the image of the biker got upgraded with well-heeled blokes and professional FTs riding Harleys and Ducatis. However, while it lasted, it was bad policy. Not only were full faced helmets not allowed - goggles and visors were banned too! Once I was stopped by a cop (for "regular" inspection) and I as wearing riding gloves and boots, and that bugger can ask me why I so "yaya"? This was the type of goondoo Sg had to enforce policies! KNNBCCB - that was what I felt like mouthing to that cop. Of course I held my emotion and didn't utter that to him.

Cheers!