• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tropicana on Scotts Road

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Sg had a great soccer team then that put all the races together (Kim Song, Eric Paine, Ashrad Khamis, Rajagopal) - unlike now where its an all Malay team. Cheers!

Dollah Kasim!!! i was stupid enough to think it was spelt dollar kasim as brian richmond use to do the match commentary.. the original Kallang Roar!! sipay song those days:wink:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that too during those days, it was quite common for CLERKS after working for donkey years, especially for the "Taipans" like Guthrie, Boustead, Coulet ( the sardine) etc, could drive a Triumph Spitfire, live in "ang sar li" or " jalan kayu" or Sembawang Hills or Yio Chu Kang near to "seow keng" in terrace houses. Nowadays a clerk..can get you?

bringing the subject back to soccer, i remember the greatest office clerk/peon back in those days was one Fandi Ahmed.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its GOLD LEAF..know what GL stands for? Go On Lie Down Lets Enjoy A F#@$@k, wonder if cecilai text ah gay this?

anyone remember the old camel cig packet joke, you have to look for the man with the long dick ahahaha.

cecilia most probably a CONsulate smoker:biggrin: she likes to blow hot & cold on ah gay

and if the menthol not strong enough she can always pour a bit of hong yu on it & smoke, does her brain lots of good too :biggrin:

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dollah Kasim!!! i was stupid enough to think it was spelt dollar kasim as brian richmond use to do the match commentary.. the original Kallang Roar!! sipay song those days:wink:

My fave pLayer was Mat Nor, the fair & ever-gentLemanLy forward who graced our turf.We wouLd pack our foods, chope the Stadium's stand by 3pm, pLayed LittLe board games tiLL kick-off.Each time when Singapore scored, aLL heLL broke Loose..there wouLd be so much stomping on the fLoor that you think it might coLLapse.
Gone were the days.sad.:cool:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My fave pLayer was Mat Nor, the fair & ever-gentLemanLy forward who graced our turf.We wouLd pack our foods, chope the Stadium's stand by 3pm, pLayed LittLe board games tiLL kick-off.Each time when Singapore scored, aLL heLL broke Loose..there wouLd be so much stomping on the fLoor that you think it might coLLapse.
Gone were the days.sad.:cool:

S'pore's very own Allan Clarke. Wonder what his ex-wife Rahimah Rahim is doing now?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Macpherson place is still his. He rented it out to the present guy.

The Marine Parade one was sold off to Roland. No more stakes in it.

SL is retired. The only place he still has an interest is Red Star off Chin Swee Rd.

Sin Leong had two locations. The one along the main road at Serangoon Rd, they had to vacate when the MRT was built. They also had a smaller place nearby along Macpherson Rd. I remember that the branch at Macpherson Rd was often booked for private functions.

The signature dish at the Macpherson branch was Siamese Chicken. :smile:
They relocated to the top floor of a multi-story carpark next to Parkway Parade Shopping Centre. Heard that the restaurant has been renamed, the new name is Roland.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Macpherson place is still his. He rented it out to the present guy.

The Marine Parade one was sold off to Roland. No more stakes in it.

SL is retired. The only place he still has an interest is Red Star off Chin Swee Rd.

I used to stay in PP & would often tau pow from Sin Leong. Is the food at Red Star any good:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed that too during those days, it was quite common for CLERKS after working for donkey years, especially for the "Taipans" like Guthrie, Boustead, Coulet ( the sardine) etc, could drive a Triumph Spitfire, live in "ang sar li" or " jalan kayu" or Sembawang Hills or Yio Chu Kang near to "seow keng" in terrace houses. Nowadays a clerk..can get you?

Nowadays there are still some CLERKs who can still afford expensive toys. You will find these people in a company called P-A-P :p

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Machinta provide tiger shows. The dancers of Tropicana and Neptune were not really topless. They wore some kind of transparent suit and the nipples were covered.

Never been there. At the time I was going to JB Machinta for topless and other stuff!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays there are still some CLERKs who can still afford expensive toys. You will find these people in a company called P-A-P :p
True. But some clerks really do make big bucks....a bunker clerk for example.
Law clerks are also professionals....

Machinta provide tiger shows. The dancers of Tropicana and Neptune were not really topless. They wore some kind of transparent suit and the nipples were covered.
Sinkie version sometimes towards the end then strip off the top....or topless jiggle awhile then curtains down.
Merchinta tiger shows much more daring but after discover Thailand....pales in comparison.

Last edited: