• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tropicana on Scotts Road

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone here remembers the Tropicana on the corner of Scotts Rd & Claymore Hill? it was a revue club which had topless dancers, from what i can remember it was one of a kind, Singapore's very own 1960's mini Vegas style club. http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_1841_2011-09-25.html having read this website it says there were 2 more topless revue bars/clubs in Singapore at that time, the Neptune & Golden Million, anyone can shed light on these 2? i've never heard of them as i only knew the Tropicana, been in a few times to makan at the Cantonese restaurant called Orchid Lantern, their HK wanton mee was very good but at $7 a bowl back in the early 80's it was a bit of a rare treat, of course could not go in for the night shows, i think it was $50+ to enter & out of my league, normally went to the back Claymore Rd to look for the atas minah girls to jio :biggrin: they normally service Angmo clients but sometimes can get lucky with them :biggrin: but have to be careful as there's lots of bapoks patrolling that area too :eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone here remembers the Tropicana on the corner of Scotts Rd & Claymore Hill? it was a revue club which had topless dancers, from what i can remember it was one of a kind, Singapore's very own 1960's mini Vegas style club. http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_1841_2011-09-25.html having read this website it says there were 2 more topless revue bars/clubs in Singapore at that time, the Neptune & Golden Million, anyone can shed light on these 2? i've never heard of them as i only knew the Tropicana, been in a few times to makan at the Cantonese restaurant called Orchid Lantern, their HK wanton mee was very good but at $7 a bowl back in the early 80's it was a bit of a rare treat, of course could not go in for the night shows, i think it was $50+ to enter & out of my league, normally went to the back Claymore Rd to look for the atas minah girls to jio :biggrin: they normally service Angmo clients but sometimes can get lucky with them :biggrin: but have to be careful as there's lots of bapoks patrolling that area too :eek:

The only thing I remember Tropicana was for their Tim Sum at the restaurant & Wedding dinners. Talking about Tim Sum, my school days favorite would be the Mayflower Restaurant at International Building ( orchard rd) & Trade Union House, Shenton Way. I was too young to visit the topless revue, either at Tropicana & Neptune, & when old enough, wasn't interested.

Eating wedding dinners at Tropicana was an interesting affair, guests must arrive precisely at certain time & food is served on the dot & have to clear & finish at certain time. The food come at a fast overlapping speed, before you can savour what's on the table, it is gone the next dish is here.

Neptune I will always remember it for power lunches, tim sum's etc., company dinners...so many, I lost count & Victor Khoo.

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sin Leong Restaurant also served very good tim sum during the old days located near where Potong Pasir is now.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sin Leong Restaurant also served very good tim sum during the old days located near where Potong Pasir is now.

Where the MRT Station is near to Potong Pasir, was SIN LEONG!, ate many wedding dinners there too; it was consider "ulu" to eat Dim Sum there. There was Lai Wah also, ahh! there was Nam Tong in Mosque Street, later Outram Park; & Tai Thong also at Mosque Street..but Nam Tong was better..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neptune was the longest surviving one....would still be around if not for redevelopment. Good memories of that place....daytime dim sum was one of the best....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where the MRT Station is near to Potong Pasir, was SIN LEONG!, ate many wedding dinners there too; it was consider "ulu" to eat Dim Sum there. There was Lai Wah also, ahh! there was Nam Tong in Mosque Street, later Outram Park; & Tai Thong also at Mosque Street..but Nam Tong was better..

New Nam Tong remnants still in Chinatown hawker center stall in the form of their Rose Chicken....run by HK singer Maria.
Sin Leong was one of the 4 heavenly kings....red star is opened by them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sin Leong had two locations. The one along the main road at Serangoon Rd, they had to vacate when the MRT was built. They also had a smaller place nearby along Macpherson Rd. I remember that the branch at Macpherson Rd was often booked for private functions.

The signature dish at the Macpherson branch was Siamese Chicken. :smile:
They relocated to the top floor of a multi-story carpark next to Parkway Parade Shopping Centre. Heard that the restaurant has been renamed, the new name is Roland.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do any of these places still serve Tim Sum:confused:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tropicana was the first topless outlet in Singapore. In those days, people paid big bucks to have dinner there and then at 11-00pm, the topless shows started.
For cheap-skates like us (still schooling lah), it was $7-50 'cover charge' (as it was called in those days) about 50 patrons could be squeezed up where they operated the lights to watch the show behind glass panels so that we cannot disturb the high class patrons.

We used to drink at the bar downstairs first (cannot remember the name) where there were already swamps of Pinoy girls.

Neptune too had topless shows (usually Russian girls) and also, after 11-00pm. Sundays, filled with families on dim sum feasts.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Golden million was at peninsula hotel

Golden Million was more to cheena entertainment

Never been there. At the time I was going to JB Machinta for topless and other stuff!!

Merchinta rocks. When lights dimmed all the teeko uncles will move from their seats to sit at the sides of the recessed dancefloor. Remembered the RM$5 bar of soap you buy to lather the ladies.....

Last edited:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
paiseh ah.
dun zap me for sounding rude.. but.. y wan go topless joint here in sg?
JB got naked ones when i was in NS.. still believe now still haf.. illegal la..
me? I nvr go.. i went wif family go thailand.. and whole family went to see Thai-girl show.
My cousin wanted to see upclose.. he got sprayed with coca cola.. WAHAHAHA.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neptune too had topless shows (usually Russian girls) and also, after 11-00pm. Sundays, filled with families on dim sum feasts.

For family dinner party.........when the show going to come on then all the kids (under 18) will be ushered to another room to watch cartoons!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
During NS time, went with my sergeant and some mates to Mechinta in JB to watch Tiger show. My Sgt super cheeko amd humsup moved his way to the front row and the girl took off his glasses (gold-rimmed John Lennon style) and wiped the lenses with her panties, we all had a good laugh at that.

Cheers!

paiseh ah.
dun zap me for sounding rude.. but.. y wan go topless joint here in sg?
JB got naked ones when i was in NS.. still believe now still haf.. illegal la..
me? I nvr go.. i went wif family go thailand.. and whole family went to see Thai-girl show.
My cousin wanted to see upclose.. he got sprayed with coca cola.. WAHAHAHA.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
.............Talking about Tim Sum, my school days favorite would be the Mayflower Restaurant at International Building ( orchard rd)............................

My mom and aunts would meet for lunch at that Mayflower for Tim Sum whenver they went to CK Tang to shop. That was where I first saw Anita Sarawak perfom and if I remember correctly, she was a dynamite perfomer!! I liked the tim sum there, coming around on trolleys and the mustard-sweet red sauce dip came in one saucer with both dips separated in between - don`t see this anymore.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New Nam Tong remnants still in Chinatown hawker center stall in the form of their Rose Chicken....run by HK singer Maria.
Sin Leong was one of the 4 heavenly kings....red star is opened by them.

I thought San Nam Tong died, when Outram Park was demolished...they are still around? anyway, this place may not be run for the original owners, if alive they would be around 100+ years old.