• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian's Pre-Defeat Interview: Low point is Tan Jee Say getting COE

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Said Mr Tan Kin Lian: "The criteria is you need a person who has run a company with S$100 million in capital. To my common sense, Tan Jee Say does not qualify."

HE should not feel bitter about it. He had time to decide to stand or not after receiving the COE. He chose to enter a battle with full awareness of who the opponents were. What more did he want?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Tan Jee Say got the COE, he wanted to withdraw as it will attract the same set of voters. Unfortunately his team was a bunch of dim wits and they convinced him go stay the course.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
When Tan Jee Say got the COE, he wanted to withdraw as it will attract the same set of voters. Unfortunately his team was a bunch of dim wits and they convinced him go stay the course.

I was utterly disappointed then because the official reason he gave was "his contest could raise the profile of opposition".

Goh Meng Seng

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was utterly disappointed then because the official reason he gave was "his contest could raise the profile of opposition".

Goh Meng Seng

You misread scroobal's post. He meant TKL's team of dimwits, meaning you.

Originally Posted by scroobal
When Tan Jee Say got the COE, TKL wanted to withdraw as it will attract the same set of voters. Unfortunately TKL's team was a bunch of dim wits and they convinced him go stay the course.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
You misread scroobal's post. He meant TKL's team of dimwits, meaning you.

Originally Posted by scroobal
When Tan Jee Say got the COE, TKL wanted to withdraw as it will attract the same set of voters. Unfortunately TKL's team was a bunch of dim wits and they convinced him go stay the course.

You are even worse, you cannot even read English.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Tan Kin Lian was asked a question and answered it, with true honesty.

I do know more about this event because both TJS and TKL are my friends. TKL has stood up on both my rally stage as well as TJS SDP rally stage to lend his support during GE2011. Naturally, in true spirit of Asian Values which I believe all of us hold so dearly, I will help him out as and when it is necessary.

When TJS told me he may go and get the forms for PE, I have a bit of reservations and I told him this will affect TKL's campaign if both of them contest. TJS reasoned that he is afraid that BOTH TCB and TKL may be disqualified and his application will force the PAP not to do that. He said if all of them got the certificates, he will negotiate with both TCB and TKL to come up with a consensus on who is the best candidate to stand for PE.

But when TJS gets his certificate and I called him from HK, he said that he is definitely going to stand for PE because he is the "most independent". I told him, he is NOT independent because he will always be viewed as opposition member. Anyway, since he insists on contesting and not going along what was initially thought of negotiation, there is nothing much I can do.

These are true facts. Nothing more nothing less.

Goh Meng Seng

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Did you mean you didn't want to raise the profile of opposition? What kind of opposition are you?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Did you mean you didn't want to raise the profile of opposition? What kind of opposition are you?

It is not about opposition profile that matters and it just goes to show that he want to contest with that aura of being opposition member. As I have explained, I do not wish the system to be abused by PAP in the event of them losing power, take Presidency as a springboard to cripple the next government. Similarly, I do not wish to see the same happening right now as well because with a crippled government, the whole Nation will suffer.

What we need is an independent and politically neutral President. Ever since PE is installed in 1991, PAP has been putting up their own kaki to be the Presidential candidate. This is very unhealthy and greatly expose their motive of using the Presidency as the second safeguard of losing power. This means that they are making decisions based on their own political interest considerations.

IF we want to break this, we need to vote in a truly politically independent President.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Unlike others, I don't spin stories but these are the truths behind the scenes. TJS can dispute it face to face with me if what I have said are false, no problem with that.

Goh Meng Seng

Z

Zombie

TKL has stood up on both my rally stage as well as TJS SDP rally stage to lend his support during GE2011. Naturally, in true spirit of Asian Values which I believe all of us hold so dearly, I will help him out as and when it is necessary.

wah piang... you change your color so fast :biggrin:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike others, I don't spin stories but these are the truths behind the scenes. TJS can dispute it face to face with me if what I have said are false, no problem with that.

Goh Meng Seng

You can go and tell TKL to stop his BS. half-truth.

In his low point complaints, TKL conveniently avoided mentioning that he is the one that INVITED TJS to the meeting.

No wonder TKL don't have much friends.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You can go and tell TKL to stop his BS. half-truth.

In his low point complaints, TKL conveniently avoided mentioning that he is the one that INVITED TJS to the meeting.

No wonder TKL don't have much friends.

I think TKL mentioned about that but does it really matter? TJS agreed and attended one of the meeting.

I am also disturbed that at the second part of the campaign, it seems that TJS campaign has turned into almost copying wholesale all the ideas that TKL has put up.

TJS was non-committal on the Presidential salary during the Round Table discussion while TKL has stated right from the start that he is going to donate at least half of his Presidential salary to charity, particularly to help the poor students and aged. Then just a day later, TJS talked about the $500K salary and even joked about the $1 salary. It really looks like the 7 Month dinner auction but just that the bidding is to see who has lower bid on the salary!

TKL has put up the plan of coming up with an Annual Presidential Report on the reserve management right from the beginning of the campaign. TJS also follows up with that too in the later part of the campaign.

TKL has used the slogan Voice of the People but look, TJS campaign started to add that Voice of the People right at the back of his initial slogan! Even slogan they want to grab!

Thus, with all objectivity, I really think that it is TJS campaign which is going all out to micmick TKL and trying to undermine TKL's campaign. I am really truly puzzled by it.

Goh Meng Seng

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL is not the one who should worry about his deposit. TCB and TJS are the ones who should be worried about their deposits. Put it simply, TJS are playing the opposition mode which he hopes to garner those 40% of voters who have voted opposition. However, he is gravely mistaken because those who have voted opposition in GE2011 consists of only 20% or less of hardcore anti-PAP while the other are made up of swing voters who are generally the silent majority.

TJS may not get ALL of those hardcore opposition votes, especially when he goes full blast into opposition mode of aggressiveness. Technically speaking, he has embarked on a suicidal mission with a mistaken understanding of voters profile. Those people who surround him giving him the wrong advice are basically hardcore anti-PAP people. This is the most suicidal composition in view of multi-corner fight. If it is one on one, maybe not so bad. But in multi-corner fight, we know that voters will go for those with more centrist and milder version of opposition positioning.

Goh Meng Seng

gms i throw u a challenge in another thread a few days ago but u dont dare to reply.

let me try again. want to bet $50 on between tjs & tkl who will get the higher % of votes? come on $50 only. u said in that thread that u think tjs is in greater danger than tkl to lose his deposit. now its time to put your $ into what u believe.

on boh? win/lose can tt over atm. i trust u will not run road for just $50.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
gms i throw u a challenge in another thread a few days ago but u dont dare to reply.

let me try again. want to bet $50 on between tjs & tkl who will get the higher % of votes? come on $50 only. u said in that thread that u think tjs is in greater danger than tkl to lose his deposit. now its time to put your $ into what u believe.

on boh? win/lose can tt over atm. i trust u will not run road for just $50.:biggrin:

Come on lah, betting with an unknown, faceless person on the forum? You sure or not? :wink:

It is not a matter of who will get higher or lower vote at the end of the day. I am happy that I have learned quite a lot of things on everything through this Presidential Contest. I also learn more about each individuals' characters and perspectives more by observing and sometimes, through having some privileged insider knowledge on what happened in the background.

The world is never fair but whatever the outcome, I will have to respect the will of the majority. However, it will not change my view that Tan Kian Lian IS the best candidate to perform the role of a truly independent President.

Goh Meng Seng

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think TKL mentioned about that but does it really matter? TJS agreed and attended one of the meeting.

I am also disturbed that at the second part of the campaign, it seems that TJS campaign has turned into almost copying wholesale all the ideas that TKL has put up.

TJS was non-committal on the Presidential salary during the Round Table discussion while TKL has stated right from the start that he is going to donate at least half of his Presidential salary to charity, particularly to help the poor students and aged. Then just a day later, TJS talked about the $500K salary and even joked about the $1 salary. It really looks like the 7 Month dinner auction but just that the bidding is to see who has lower bid on the salary!

TKL has put up the plan of coming up with an Annual Presidential Report on the reserve management right from the beginning of the campaign. TJS also follows up with that too in the later part of the campaign.

TKL has used the slogan Voice of the People but look, TJS campaign started to add that Voice of the People right at the back of his initial slogan! Even slogan they want to grab!

Thus, with all objectivity, I really think that it is TJS campaign which is going all out to micmick TKL and trying to undermine TKL's campaign. I am really truly puzzled by it.

Goh Meng Seng

Why don't you just keep your mouth (or your itchy typing fingers) shut?

You mess up your chances in GE2011 and now you want to mess up others?

You think by writing stuff here to sabo TJS, you will help TKL?

I think you have done enough to convince everyone that you are not only an idiot but also a liability.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mars calling Meng Seng Mars calling Meng Seng

So you still think TKL is the serious contender and the deposits of TCB and TJS are at risk? *cackle*

Come on lah, betting with an unknown, faceless person on the forum? You sure or not? :wink:

It is not a matter of who will get higher or lower vote at the end of the day. I am happy that I have learned quite a lot of things on everything through this Presidential Contest. I also learn more about each individuals' characters and perspectives more by observing and sometimes, through having some privileged insider knowledge on what happened in the background.

The world is never fair but whatever the outcome, I will have to respect the will of the majority. However, it will not change my view that Tan Kian Lian IS the best candidate to perform the role of a truly independent President.

Goh Meng Seng