• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian's Pre-Defeat Interview: Low point is Tan Jee Say getting COE

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a pretty incredible outburst on the last day of the campaign.

Probably shows that TKL's nerves have all been shredded as he contemplates the humiliation of losing his deposit.

He shouldn't blame TJS. He should blame himself for not being able to outdo TJS.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian: Turnout at my rally was an estimated 2,000. People stayed throughout. I'm happy to have that kind of support.

He should blame Goh Meng Seng, who used Tan Kin Lian as a tool to further his own aspirations. GMS has been stroking TKL's ego since 2008.

Z

Zombie

alamak, TKL is surprising people that he was "betrayed"...

Mr Tan Kin Lian, speaking at a media conference at his campaign headquarters this afternoon, said that Mr Tan Jee Say had turned up for one meeting and added that "there was a disruption" after the former Singapore Democratic Party General Election candidate decided to proceed with his own presidential campaign.

... like how Chen Shui Bian was shot on the last day .... :biggrin:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a joke!
http://www.todayonline.com/SingaporeVotes/EDC110825-0000797/Tan-Kin-Lian--Tan-Jee-Say-being-granted-COE-was-my-low-point

Said Mr Tan Kin Lian: "The criteria is you need a person who has run a company with S$100 million in capital. To my common sense, Tan Jee Say does not qualify."

He went in thinking that it was going to be a 1993 repeat of an OTC vs Chua Kim Yeow affair where he could sail under the radar, give out some high fives and sail into the Presidency on the coattails of the work and effort of all the opposition parties.

If he is truly of any worth like he likes to think he is, he should not be afraid or blame any of the three candidates.

Best for him to withdraw now and avoid the humiliating percentage of votes that I believe he knows he will end up with. It is still not too late.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best for him to withdraw now and avoid the humiliating percentage of votes that I believe he knows he will end up with. It is still not too late.

I don't think it is possible to withdraw now because the candidacy is already confirmed the deposit already paid.

Even if he goes public and says he is withdrawing, don't vote for him, vote for others instead, he will just be regarded as having 0% votes and therefore losing his deposit. Even if he says don't vote for him, some morons will still vote for him (maybe 0.5%) as a protest or to split their vote etc. Or because they don't know who the candidates are and just anyhow tikam tikam.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
From another tweet:

Tan Kin Lian: I don't want to resort to smear tactics though I've been subjected to it (not from candidates but 'lower levels').

---

Voice of the People... 'lower levels'...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will this result in more sympathy votes for TKL, or *hint hint* to vote the other candidate(s)?

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
He saw the writing on the wall but went ahead with his nomination anyway (against his better judgment). TKL has invested too much in this campaign but may have to accept his lot as the third runner-up.

l_march_2000

Alfrescian
Loyal
people in the internet was telling him b4 nomination day to put his COE on bidding so that
it will not split the votes of the TJS and TKL.

I am confidently sure that people would contribute to pay back his 48k

Sadly, this did not happen.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
images

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a pretty incredible outburst on the last day of the campaign.

Probably shows that TKL's nerves have all been shredded as he contemplates the humiliation of losing his deposit.

He shouldn't blame TJS. He should blame himself for not being able to outdo TJS.

Mr Goh Meng Seng, what is your take? heard you joining RP soon

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS for RP? That's a good one. Looks like RP will need a lot of funds if they want to stand for any election. They need to prepare to lose all deposits