• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is worse than a prostitute...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
u go read the chinese history then. where in the world, 75 percent of the population are chinese and they ditch chinese language like some kind of dirt?

taiwan when they are under the rule of the japanese, some of them ditch their sur name and take up japanese sur name. they learn japanese. but they are now speaking mandarin and taiwanese language. but we? spore wanna be colonized even the british are long gone? pathetic.

singaporean please wake up. don't be blur sotong and just follow LKY. we are no longer in the colonial period of time. LKY is still living in that period of time, in his mindset.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest those interested in trying to get a flavour of what Singaporeans "are" (if that is possible) should go read Wena Poon's "Lions In Winter" (2007). It features 11 short stories about Singaporeans living in the West and is an extended rumination on the unique, multi-lingual, post-colonial identity of her country.

The problem with Singaporeans is they are not Ang Mohs but they aren't Chinese either. They actually don't know what they are.

My suggestion is simple.. call yourselves Singaporeans and learn to speak Malay.

The Peranakans assimilated very well. I'm sure the rest of Singapore can do the same if they set their minds to it.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I take it you would rather see probable grave communal tension between the Malays and Chinese in Singapore? Oh and you do not want very good paid international jobs?:rolleyes:

like i said to sam, let me repeat, life is not just about market share. if its just about market share, just about money, economic success, life's decision would be very easy. but life there are more to it . more to it than just economic success. more to it than just staying competitive (in business), staying global.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aren't you the one who said that Chinese should be the language of choice because 75% of Singaporeans are ethnic Chinese???:p

You're making a bit of a fool of yourself you know. It's good to fight for a cause but the way you're twisting and turning, I suggest that Tamil or Hindi should be your language of Choice. :biggrin:

You'll hear no more from me. You're simply not logical.

i am not crazy about this issue about the ONLY OFFICIAL LANGUAGE FOR SPORE. i am more concern that the current language policy which put too much emphasis on english, this policy is snuffing out the life of other asian languages here in this country.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I take it you would rather see probable grave communal tension between the Malays and Chinese in Singapore? Oh and you do not want very good paid international jobs?:rolleyes:

the issue i have with current language policy is the over emphasis on english language.

if we wanna use english language instead of chinese language to communicate to other races, sure, i don't have problem with that.

what i have problem is the current language policy is putting so much emphasis on english language, it snuff out the life of asian languages here in this country.

it doesn't have to be ENGLISH AS FIRST LANGUAGE to stay global or competitive, or as a tool to communicate with different races here in our country. ENGLISH AS SECOND LANGUAGE IS SUFFICE.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not crazy about this issue about the ONLY OFFICIAL LANGUAGE FOR SPORE. i am more concern that the current language policy which put too much emphasis on english, this policy is snuffing out the life of other asian languages here in this country.

请用中文书写。

Sila tulisan dengan bahasa Melayu.

Asian languages, right?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong. Go look at the state of the english language in say malaysia and Hong Kong. In fact even Singapore's state is nothing to shout about nowdays. Learning one language properly and adequately is already an uphill task for lots of people.

it doesn't have to be ENGLISH AS FIRST LANGUAGE to stay global or competitive, or as a tool to communicate with different races here in our country. ENGLISH AS SECOND LANGUAGE IS SUFFICE.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong. Go look at the state of the english language in say malaysia and Hong Kong. In fact even Singapore's state is nothing to shout about nowdays. Learning one language properly and adequately is already an uphill task for lots of people.

really?

take our PM and compare with Sir Donald Tsang Yam-Kuen,Chief Executive and Head of Government of the Hong Kong. Donald Tsang in my opinion speaks better English than our PM LHL.

what does this tell us? we singapore setting english as 1st language don't gain much edge over them asian countries and city with english as 2nd language. in fact, we lose much more. we lose our asian identity. our roots and culture. flush down the toilet bowl.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
same old shit. whenever the issue on language come up. people will wanna force hand and say, well, which language do u propose to use as the official language? and this time, surprisingly, its not sinkie but sam leong.

singapore official language are four language. chinese, malay, tamil, and english. so why wanna make me choose one official language?

the issue is not about using english language to communicate with other races. the issue is chinese language standard is fucking low. the prevelant attitude to chinese language is treating chinese language as dirt. and all its because of the over emphasis on the English language.

Last edited:

nanana1

Alfrescian
Loyal
How so?

The prostitute sell their body, their neh neh, their pussy for money. Anyone pay the right price could poke, enter, explore her vagina.

Singapore, we sell our Asian language and culture away, just in order to stay competitive.

Isn't that worse than the prostitute? The pros sell body, but Singaporean sell their language and culture, tradition, all in the name of staying competitive? Being global?

You wrote like you are that prostitute:rolleyes:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
same old shit. whenever the issue on language come up. people will wanna force hand and say, well, which language do u propose to use as the official language? and this time, surprisingly, its not sinkie but sam leong.

singapore official language are four language. chinese, malay, tamil, and english. so why wanna make me choose one official language?

the issue is not about using english language to communicate with other races. the issue is chinese language standard is fucking low. the prevelant attitude to chinese language is treating chinese language as dirt. and all its because of the over emphasis on the English language.

The English language is the enabling factor which allows for ease of communication between the various races. Of coz if you are in other areas, of the world you may want to adopt Russian.

The 4 official language ensures that the Asian values are not swept away by Westernization. It is up to individual races to ensure a high standard of their own language is upkept. Singapore for instance had over the years reiterated the importance of the Chinese language via various "Speak Mandarin Campaigns" as well as adopting Higher Chinese for the students. This is similar for other races. Also the requirement for passing the mother tongue was made but had been cast aside by some who oppose their Asian values. Unfortunately we have ourselves to blame.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The English language is the enabling factor which allows for ease of communication between the various races. Of coz if you are in other areas, of the world you may want to adopt Russian.

The 4 official language ensures that the Asian values are not swept away by Westernization. It is up to individual races to ensure a high standard of their own language is upkept. Singapore for instance had over the years reiterated the importance of the Chinese language via various "Speak Mandarin Campaigns" as well as adopting Higher Chinese for the students. This is similar for other races. Also the requirement for passing the mother tongue was made but had been cast aside by some who oppose their Asian values. Unfortunately we have ourselves to blame.

if the standard of math and science had drop to a pitiful standard, is it the citizen to be blame or the government? of course the government has to take up at least fifty percent of the responsibility. else, why do we need government? why do we need policies?

likewise, chinese language had drop to a pitiful standard. the prevalent attitude towards chinese language is unfavorable. the government has gotta take up responsibility in this. and rectify it.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the standard of math and science had drop to a pitiful standard, is it the citizen to be blame or the government? of course the government has to take up at least fifty percent of the responsibility. else, why do we need government? why do we need policies?

likewise, chinese language had drop to a pitiful standard. the prevalent attitude towards chinese language is unfavorable. the government has gotta take up responsibility in this. and rectify it.

The standard of maths/science had always ben maintained at a high level becoz the citizens believe in the importance and thus force it upon their children to excel. However the mother tongue is often overlooked.

We are always complaining that the govt intervenes too much in our daily lives and yet when something bad happens, we ask why the govt did not do something improve it. I believe that much has been sone but society failed to heed the advice. As previous thread, the campaigns have been around for many many years but blame it on the Chinese who felt being too Cheena to speak proper Mandarin.