• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is worse than a prostitute...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we study subjects in english day in day out, use english extensively in school, there's huge impact on the students on their perception on english and asian languages.

when u have language policy creating a situation whereby chinese and other asian languages are the side show here in spore education system, the english is where the beef is, the students and parents naturally adjust their attitude and time towards the usage of english and asian language: MORE ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LESS ON ASIAN LANGUAGES. ENGLISH IS SUPERIOR THAN ASIAN LANGUAGES.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
In almost every aspect in our country, whether its political arena, schools and academy, business, etc etc, we use english. so don't go tell us asian language is alive here by showing us the existence of local asian tv channels. even the local asian tv channels are flooding with advertisement in english!

asian language is struggling for breath in this society which overly emphasize on english language. thats not 'alive and well'! thats grasping for breath! thats hanging on!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've no problem with English being popular or even superior. I still keep my Chinese. On top of that, I've learned quite some Malay, Thai and Japanese. No problem at all. If China or Taiwan declare English as their 1st language, then I worry for Chinese.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats YOU. THATS YOU. BUT NOT THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY. QUIT HARPING ON YOUR LANGUAGE CAPABILITY U EGOMANIAC. THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU AND YOUR SUPERB LANGUAGE CAPABILITY.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of the young generation chinese parents here use english to their kids. Its every fucking where. Don't tell me their kids will grow up still fond of chinese language?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither do I revolve around people. They have their choices. Quit trying make people revolve around your ideal. I neither impose nor accuse anything.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of the young generation chinese parents here use english to their kids. Its every fucking where. Don't tell me their kids will grow up still fond of chinese language too?? In your fucking dream.

Why should they revolve around your ideal?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither do I revolve around people. They have their choices. Quit trying make people revolve around your ideal. I neither impose nor accuse anything.

singapore is marginalizing asian languages. thats a fact. i bring up arguments against this english as first language policy. i am against the ideal of using english as first language in a society highly populated with asian.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One last thing, Singapore is an ex-British colony in a Malay archipelago. Your ancestors have chosen to come here from China. Mine too. Live with it. This is not China. Why don't you go cheer for Li Jiawei or even Wang Nan and Yining in the Olympics.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
One last thing, Singapore is an ex-British colony in a Malay archipelago. Your ancestors have chosen to come here from China. Mine too. Live with it. This is not China.

its not china, but 97 percent of the population is asian: 75 percent chinese, malay 13 over percent, indian 8 over percent. it is not populated with ang moh. so why this english as first language policy??

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do the fucking sum, singapore.

97 percent of the population is asian. So why this over emphasis on english language in our asian society? Where's our pride in asian language and culture??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
97 percent of the population is asian. So why this over emphasis on english language in our asian society? Where's our pride in asian language and culture??

English rules the world!!! It's the best language of all! Long live Britannica!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a Australian. I don't have problem with people from the ang moh (white people) dominated country beating their chest shouting at top of their lungs, praising, harping on English language.

But for a Singapore society with 97 percent of the population are Asian, and majority of them go beat their chest harping on English language, go staunchly defend the English as first language policy, passionately... Those people, i think they should go seek professional help. ASAP.

Last edited:

PAP_agent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your accusation that English is synonymous with the PAP is nonsense. Any half-wit can see that English is the language of the world! Any party would have recommended it! The chinese mainlanders are dying to learn English too. Just watch 'Mad About English'

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your accusation that English is synonymous with the PAP is nonsense. Any half-wit can see that English is the language of the world! Any party would have recommended it! The chinese mainlanders are dying to learn English too. Just watch 'Mad About English'

any party? ONLY THE PAP PROMOTE ENGLISH AS FIRST LANGUAGE IN A COUNTRY WHICH IS 97 PERCENT NON-CAUCASIAN!!!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
And this is not surprising coming from a political party which its key person key leader was a transcriber for the japanese military regime during japanese occupation! The pap, one of its most crucial key person LKY is a sell out! He started his youth as a sell out!

OF COURSE LKY WOULD NOT HESITATE IN SELLING OUT ASIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE AT THE DROP OF THE HAT!

HE IS A HABITUAL SELL OUT. FROM HIS DECISION TO WORK FOR THE JAPANESE AS A TRANSCRIBER, HIS ENGLISH AS FIRST LANGUAGE POLICY, UP TILL THE PAP DECISION IN MAKING A MASSIVE IMPORT OF FT. ALL OF THOSE MOVE, HAS GOT HIS SIGNATURE.

We don't have to follow the footstep of a chronic sell out.

Last edited: