• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Girls - A Challenge to Love

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats a double standard. just because males in singpore have to deal with NS and reservist doesnt give them an exemption from being at the same level that women are.

Its a reality that Spore men have to do NS. So they are behind in education & career.

I'm not saying all women are mercenary but there are enough out there to give the Spore girl a bad reputation. For example when I was studying overseas there were some Spore girls who would only go out with students who were doing medicine & business :eek:

Personally have heard of many other stories from friends of gold diggers activity of Spore gals. Its not a pretty picture.

At work I've heard many complaints from male junior staff of girls talking down to them. Some described it as being treated as maids. :smile: I've also seen how some of the girls behaved with the expat males, its very sad to be a Sporean male.

With so many complaints from Sporean men its obvious we got a social problem in Spore. Spore men will continue looking elsewhere for mates but what will the Spore women do? They can continue looking for the "ideal" mate until they are on the shelf permanently. :rolleyes:

samthebear

Its a reality that Spore men have to do NS. So they are behind in education & career.

Fine they're behind, but it doesnt mean that they cant still go back to uni after NS. my brother will be going to university once he finishes NS

Personally have heard of many other stories from friends of gold diggers activity of Spore gals. Its not a pretty picture.

Gold digging happens everywhere - just because it happens doesnt mean that you can lable every single singporean woman as a 'gold digger' as a singporean woman i find that very offensive.

I'm not saying all women are mercenary but there are enough out there to justify their reputation. For example when I was studying overseas there were some Spore girls who would only go out with students who were doing medicine & business :eek:
I study overseas too - i live overseas. but that doesnt mean that i have the same attitude as these women you're describing. it has nothing to do with the nationality of the person; it has everything to do with their perception on life and attitudes towards others. Why they have these perceptions and attitudes is a result of many factors. Factors which can go on forever as it will be different for everyone.

At work I've heard many complaints from male junior staff of girls talking down to them. Some described it as being treated as maids. :smile: I've also seen how some of the girls behaved with the expat males, its very sad to be a Sporean male.

Its exactly like i said in my previous post (which seemed to have been simply skimmed) ...Its no longer about if women are selfish bitches, but rather the fact that both men and women have to treat each other fairly. its how (seemingly - and i say seemingly because there is no way to prove it) a generation of singporean women have been brought up. Of course its sad to be a singporean male. But then again, its sad to be a male ANYWHERE where women have been brought up with the values of equality and fairness. Women who have been brought up in this manner know their rights, they want their rights justified - but at the same time, what has been neglected to be taught it is the responsibility attached to your rights. you have your rights to equality, but you also have a responsibility to treat your coworkers with equality. Even if you hold a higher station than your co-worker, regardless of gender you are bound by responsibility to treat everyone equally.

With so many complaints from Sporean men its obvious we got a social problem in Spore. Spore men will continue looking elsewhere for mates but what will the Spore women do? They can continue looking for the "ideal" mate until they are on the shelf permanently.

There is no such thing as 'ideal' nor is there such a thing as 'perfect' the faster an individual realises this, the faster they can get over their self important ego and start acting and treating everyone as a human. But then again, if foreign men can fill this role perfectly fine i expect the numbers of singporean women marrying foreign men will increase. the bottom line is, what singporean women expect from their partners isnt unrealistic. it depends on the individual woman - but then again, since so many of you apprently 'complain' about the majority of singporean women, its about time singporean women start acting like human beings. they can keep their expectations and their values and ideals, but they should start on treating everyone regardless of gender equally, fairly and with some humanity. I think that'll stop most of the complaints.

This works both ways and i've already said this in my previous post but since people love skimming i'll rehash it here:
Singporean women need to stop being ice queens and singporean men have to stop blaming their inability to 'pick up' singporean women on the 'expectations' that women have placed on them. stop being a whinger, get your butt to university, expand your way of thinking, stop treating women as lesser people (which if you do, you will see well educated women as a threat), and get some balls.

Relationships of any kind works both ways, when a relationship breaks down both parties have to ask themselves what were their faults and not just simply concentrate on the faults of the other.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually find pretty girls who are also educated to be infinitely more sexier than those who are sexy outside, but not substantial inside.

I mean, if some people find people like Paris Hilton sexy, because of her infamous airheadness, I mean go ahead. But I prefer girls who are lovely outside, but also have brains and the independence inside.

If one can win her to your side, the feeling of achieving something is pretty nice, especially if you want her to be your life partner. I mean look at Obama. He has a gorgeous wife; isn't it something he takes pride in- to have a wife so good-looking?

I also admire the husband of Kate Winslet; he has definitely chose the right partner, and rightfully some men would be jealous of him.

Sexy girls with brains, to many, are definitely sexier than sexy girls who has little of substance to show for it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fine they're behind, but it doesnt mean that they cant still go back to uni after NS. my brother will be going to university once he finishes NS

Here is an exampe of lack of empathy that exists between the sexes in Spore. :rolleyes:

NS represents a loss of 2 yeard & it goes on with time in reservists until 40. Just think of the male as having 20+ babies. Which boss is going to tolerated that when you have girls that will only have 1 to 2 babies.

Gold digging happens everywhere - but in the case of Spore its more prevalent. This may be because of too much materialsim that exists in Spore. The womens charter encourages the girl to take the easy way out.

but that doesnt mean that i have the same attitude as these women you're describing. it has nothing to do with the nationality of the person; it has everything to do with their perception on life and attitudes towards others. Why they have these perceptions and attitudes is a result of many factors. Factors which can go on forever as it will be different for everyone.

Its a Spore thing, when Sporeans meet the discussion will revolve around the school they are from, the job(salary, the car, & place they stay in :biggrin:

Its exactly like i said in my previous post (which seemed to have been simply skimmed) ...

Picked up the habit from Uni. I'm just responding to what I think is relevant :smile:

i expect the numbers of singporean women marrying foreign men will increase. the bottom line is, what singporean women expect from their partners isnt unrealistic. it depends on the individual woman -

Looks like thats the only way some of the Sporeans girls will ever get married is to go overseas. However its always greener on the other side :smile:

They'll have to do without a maid & have to compromise with their partners. Things which would be unnecessary if they stayed & married a Sporean. Spore laws are one sided & its always easier to run home to mom & dad instead of working things out with the hubby. I think many parents are to blame for bringing up spoilt brats. The guys are straightened out in NS but the girls go on to failed marriages :rolleyes:

I've met many good Spore & ex-Sporean girls while studying & working overseas, so they are not all bad. Harder to find them in Spore because many of the good ones are already attached. Its not the education but how they were brought up.

There are alot of girls outside Spore that are happy to just being a mother & wife. LKY has screwed up with the minds of Sporean, that they are confused to what is important in life :rolleyes:

samthebear

Here is an exampe of lack of empathy that exists between the sexes in Spore. :rolleyes:

NS represents a loss of 2 yeard & it goes on with time in reservists until 40. Just think of the male as having 20+ babies. Which boss is going to tolerated that when you have girls that will only have 1 to 2 babies.

Gold digging happens everywhere - but in the case of Spore its more prevalent. This may be because of too much materialsim that exists in Spore. The womens charter encourages the girl to take the easy way out.

Its a Spore thing, when Sporeans meet the discussion will revolve around the school they are from, the job(salary, the car, & place they stay in :biggrin:

Picked up the habit from Uni. I'm just responding to what I think is relevant :smile:

Looks like thats the only way some of the Sporeans girls will ever get married is to go overseas. However its always greener on the other side :smile:

They'll have to do without a maid & have to compromise with their partners. Things which would be unnecessary if they stayed & married a Sporean. Spore laws are one sided & its always easier to run home to mom & dad instead of working things out with the hubby. I think many parents are to blame for bringing up spoilt brats. The guys are straightened out in NS but the girls go on to failed marriages :rolleyes:

I've met many good Spore & ex-Sporean girls while studying & working overseas, so they are not all bad. Harder to find them in Spore because many of the good ones are already attached. Its not the education but how they were brought up.

There are alot of girls outside Spore that are happy to just being a mother & wife. LKY has screwed up with the minds of Sporean, that they are confused to what is important in life :rolleyes:

They'll have to do without a maid & have to compromise with their partners. Things which would be unnecessary if they stayed & married a Sporean. what? What warped world do you come from that you dont need to compromise if you marry a singporean man? you dont get the same laws in singapore that you get overseas? as far as i'm concerned i get the same rights that the Australian government gives me as a resident that i do get in singpore. As for compromise, if you dont compromise no relationship will work. try not compromising in a relationship and you'll start to see the relationship fraying within the week. not having a maid isnt that vital. in fact i'd say its better for everyone in general not to depend on a maid. for one, parents HAVE to (oh the horror) spend more time with their children, secondly without a maid, women HAVE to learn how to cook etc and thirdly, husbands learn to pick up the slack around the home.

I am particularly pissed off that you didnt bother to read my post in its entirety, because that just tells me that you couldnt give a shit about what i have to say and as a result you dont understand what i'm trying to express.
I read your posts in its entirety and take everything you say into consideration, and i'd like it if you could reciprocate it as well. its not a huge expectation is it? i'm just requesting that you treat me with the same consideration that i give you.

The bullshit about running home to mummy and daddy? yeah. grow up. you're adults - sort it without being childish. Women have to grow up - and society at large has to stop sterotyping women! :mad:

And what womens charter encourages women to take the easy way out? what exactly is 'the easy way out'? You cant simply pidgon-hole singporean women based on the fact that they hold a citizenship.

The 'singpore thing' you speak of? yes, that is exactly why singporean men rate very poorly in my opinion. So maybe you should stop blaming women and start looking at yourself too because society isnt simply based on ONE gender.

And i lack empathy? i dont lack empathy. i just expect men to measured aganist the same yard stick that women are to be measured by. and FYI. i dont LIVE IN SINGAPORE. so hence it DOESNT EXIST IN SINGAPORE based on what i say. what i say is merely my opinion - what others think in singapore may be similar, or may be different but it sure as hell doesnt define anything.

Last edited:

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are alot of girls outside Spore that are happy to just being a mother & wife

Its a metropolitan thing - metropolitan girls, especially asians... are like that - materialistic. When I lived in Hong Kong, in Shanghai, in Vancouver... the asian girls are like that.

Either you go for the younger ones who're keen on screwing (why not? Shiok :biggrin:), or the older ones (>25) who have wised up and want to find a reasonably wealthy guy to raise her family & also can use as a trophy when discussing with the other mahjong kakis :wink:

Seriously, bus driver, taxi driver... how to be attractive to such women? So... choose from a different pool of women lor... :cool:

To me, Singaporean girls are over-rated. When overseas, in comparison to aussie asian, canadian asian and american asian girls, Sinkie girls are nothing man - in either the looks department (don't know why, ABCs seem to have larger/rounder tits too) or sophistication (Singapore girls' fake ang mor accents, horrid!) :oIo:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
or sophistication (Singapore girls' fake ang mor accents, horrid!) :oIo:

wahaha, was just waitin for someone to point that out. does anyone notice, it's generally always the sinkie girls trying to do a half-baked impersonation of ang moh accents, in almost all cases what i would assume to be american (it's so fucked i can't tell). us guys we just don't give a fuck when we're speaking among ourselves (sinkies). why the other gender do it i've got no idea, perhaps as you say it's got to do with trying to sound sophisticated. someone let them know it's jarring on ears! go practise a posh british one instead for god's sake!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for compromise, if you dont compromise no relationship will work. try not compromising in a relationship and you'll start to see the relationship fraying within the week. not having a maid isnt that vital. in fact i'd say its better for everyone in general not to depend on a maid. for one, parents HAVE to (oh the horror) spend more time with their children, secondly without a maid, women HAVE to learn how to cook etc and thirdly, husbands learn to pick up the slack around the home.

Why do you think divorces are up in Spore? Someone is obviously not compromising :smile:

The latch key generation the PAP help create is now too dependant on maids to bring up the children.

The bullshit about running home to mummy and daddy? yeah. grow up. you're adults - sort it without being childish. Women have to grow up - and society at large has to stop sterotyping women! :mad:

Spore parents are over protective of their children. They are unwilling to let go & let them grow up. Some schools had to lock out parents from the school property.

And what womens charter encourages women to take the easy way out? what exactly is 'the easy way out'? You cant simply pidgon-hole singporean women based on the fact that they hold a citizenship.

With the womens charter , it easier for wives to get their ex-husbands to support them. Don't you think this is an easy way out? Even if the fault is on the wives side, the husband has to pay. You can bet there are females who'll take advantage of this charter.

The 'singpore thing' you speak of? yes, that is exactly why singporean men rate very poorly in my opinion. So maybe you should stop blaming women and start looking at yourself too because society isnt simply based on ONE gender.

What is the difference between Spore males & their counterparts?
When the laws don't treat both sexes equally, you'll have injustices . In Spore men are handicapped by NS & the womens charter. Do you deny this?

And i lack empathy? i dont lack empathy. i just expect men to measured aganist the same yard stick that women are to be measured by. and FYI. i dont LIVE IN SINGAPORE..

If you don't live in Spore, how can you even hope to understand the sexual inequality that exists ? Girls in Spore are not helpless little things, they can cause much mischief. For example if males are accused of molest, they are guilty unless proven otherwise.

Even if you have a brother serving NS, you lack the empathy to understand the costs to him. When I did my NS, I had the same problems with my sisters. They did not understand the oppurtunity cost of NS.

Don't take my word, go read the experiences of many other males in this forum. Its not pretty :rolleyes:

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone let them know it's jarring on ears! go practise a posh british one instead for god's sake!

Especially when singapore girls fake an ang mor accent + have hokkein format grammar.... its horrible!!!! :eek:

Especially once during the Miss Singapore-Universe years ago (do they still show it?)... it was so bad, but I was doing my in-camp, no beef.. mutton also can.. so watch lor...

aakumu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,
Sing girls were the product of their experience.
Girls in other part of the world do not behave that way because the men do let them to get that way.
If there is a fault to point the finger, point in inward.
I agree that it is too late for us in Singapore, that is why we travel overseas to look for a bride.
But please remember that if we do not change our ways; the girls who ever we bring in would be the same in 5 years as they will talking to the sing girls.
I once had a friend that went to Africa to find a wife, and brought back to USA to live, life was great for five years after that she ask for this and that and finally asked for a divorce and demanded 50%-50% she been watching Opera show.
HAhahaha.............
We need to be strong and put our feet down, it not for our sake, for our sons sake.

My humble two cents.

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,
Girls in other part of the world do not behave that way because the men do let them to get that way.

Yes... a few solid hours spanking in bed will put some good education into sinkie girls...

:p

jw5

Loyal
wahaha, was just waitin for someone to point that out. does anyone notice, it's generally always the sinkie girls trying to do a half-baked impersonation of ang moh accents, in almost all cases what i would assume to be american (it's so fucked i can't tell). us guys we just don't give a fuck when we're speaking among ourselves (sinkies). why the other gender do it i've got no idea, perhaps as you say it's got to do with trying to sound sophisticated. someone let them know it's jarring on ears! go practise a posh british one instead for god's sake!
Sometimes their fake accents only appear when they are talking to ang moh.
When they talk to Singkies, it's Singlish all the way!

jw5

Loyal
Hi bro,
I agree that it is too late for us in Singapore, that is why we travel overseas to look for a bride.
But please remember that if we do not change our ways; the girls who ever we bring in would be the same in 5 years as they will talking to the sing girls.
I once had a friend that went to Africa to find a wife, and brought back to USA to live, life was great for five years after that she ask for this and that and finally asked for a divorce and demanded 50%-50% she been watching Opera show.
HAhahaha.............
We need to be strong and put our feet down, it not for our sake, for our sons sake.

My humble two cents.
So why do Singkie men allow Singkie women to behave this way?
Are Singkie men that desperate?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To me, Singaporean girls are over-rated. When overseas, in comparison to aussie asian, canadian asian and american asian girls, Sinkie girls are nothing man - in either the looks department (don't know why, ABCs seem to have larger/rounder tits too) or sophistication (Singapore girls' fake ang mor accents, horrid!) :oIo:

The girls from Canada, Aust, USA are materially more secure so they aren't looking for guys with $$$, cars, condo, .. , etc They also have more rounded interests other than shopping :smile: Life over there doesn't just revolve around work, HDB & cars :rolleyes:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.singapore-window.org/sw04/041205st.htm

Singapore Girl losing out in love

Star, Malaysia
December 5, 2004

Insight: Down South
By SEAH CHIANG NEE

THE sad existence of 300,000 white-collar workers in Singapore who can’t find wives was headlined in a recent report: “No money, no looks, no education”.
This has emerged as a national crisis because of the numbers involved. It is the cumulative impact of Singapore’s rapid economic changes, especially the fast emergence of the educated woman.

Over the years, female undergraduates have outnumbered males and also matched or outperformed them in many professions as part of a global trend.

Few of these women are prepared to marry men who are below their educational or economic status.

The prospects of this small army of blue-collar men ever getting local wives range from slim to near impossible.

Girls who hold degrees averagely earn S$2500 to S$6000 a month, while the men’s earnings are no more than S$1200 to S$2500.

The impact of this mismatch has become patently evident. Men in their 40s live with their parents or siblings, and some related in interviews that they had not gone on a date for more than 10 years. This is dealing a severe blow to the institution of marriage and the family.

In recent years, an increasing number of them are seeking their brides in Vietnam, China, Kalimantan and other regional countries.

The reason is, of course, not entirely economical. Even some educated men are convinced foreigners make better wives, because they are perceived as more domesticated, less arrogant or materialistic.

One common complaint against Singaporean women is their demand for the 5Cs – condo, car, credit card, country club and cash. Others blame the Women’s Charter, which they say is over-protective of women, loaded against men and may even encourage marriage break-up in some cases.

Others say the 30-month (now reduced to 24) national service for men has sharpened gender rivalry.

In recent months, Internet forums are full of comparisons between Singaporean and foreign women as wives.

“Some Singaporean females are simply arrogant, especially those with high education levels,” read one message. “They always think that Singaporean men are good for nothing while they themselves are perfect.”

Others complain that many women here don’t know how to cook or do household chores and are too dependent on maids since very young.

In a recent popular TV documentary Get Real, one Singaporean lady agreed that her peers are “hard to love because they don’t need anyone; they're too independent”.

Not all the men who marry foreigners are hawkers, taxi drivers or low-skilled workers. Some are professionals, earning S$5000 to S$7000 a month.

For every Singaporean man looking for a Vietnamese bride, there are 2000 women seeking Singaporean husbands. The demand is so great that it has spawned an active matchmaking business in Ho Chi Minh City.

“The cost of a marriage package is as low as S$6000 to S$7000 compared to S$15,000 in recent years,” said one bride-seeking Singaporean.

The ladies are hitting back. One has angrily denounced men who import brides as spineless and whiners.

“They believe in self-contradictory ideals when it comes to women and have no intention of working hard for their family,” she said.

“Singaporean women wish to see some backbone in you all. We do not care about what you earn or whatever. Just show us that you truly are a man and not some whining screwdriver. This is very, very disheartening.”

On charges of arrogance or being spoilt and demanding, they shoot back with: “Look at the mirror first, please!”

Not long ago, a woman wrote a letter to the press asking for the government to intervene to make it harder for foreign women to marry Singaporean men.

Singaporean women are increasingly measuring better and better against their regional sisters in education and earning capacity, but are not too highly valued as wives.

“They are more career-minded, not domesticated and have high expectations” is one verdict. Vietnamese and Malaysian women, for example, are more gentle, less demanding or opinionated.

“I am a simple man looking for a simple girl,” said a 30-plus ethnic Chinese on television who recently married in Ho Chi Minh City.

One newspaper reader suggests the government makes it mandatory for a new wife – and husband – to undergo minimum training in cooking and various domestic chores.

“It’s appalling – many Singaporeans over 30 can’t cook, wash or iron their clothes or do simple household chores. Many live with their parents and are looked after by maids,” said a returnee from abroad.

He had learned to do all these while living abroad.

“I think most Singapore girls can't make it. Those who really make good wives are rare,” he said. “It seems our society has changed for the worse due to external influence. Some of them like to flirt around.”

A Singaporean woman penned an articulate letter to the press recently, in which she said the Singapore girl is a challenge to love.

“Although she may, at the end of the day, be a supportive and faithful spouse, the barbs hiding her soft interior are daunting to the suitor,” she said.

“She is materialistic, and loves being so. Shopping is a major hobby, and looking good is absolutely essential. The man is but another accessory, a helper, chauffeur, bag carrier.”

The writer said she had been to Vietnam.

“The girls, true to form, are slim, tall and soft-spoken. Every word is punctuated with a smile, even when you are driving a hard bargain with them,” she said.

“Their speech is melodious, and they work hard without complaining, carrying loads of cloth and vegetables in the market stalls and food places. Simple, gentle and hardworking, it's hard not to fall in love with them.”

By comparison, the women here have assimilated Western role models of strong women “without taking into account the men alongside us”.

They tell themselves: “We are not going to be one of those docile wives who nod their heads and cook for you at the slightest command.

“We are not going to have wool pulled over our eyes by your romantic nonsense. No way! We are women of the new age.”

She concluded: “Somehow the whole idea of women’s liberation in Singapore seems to have come at the expense of our love lives.”

o Seah Chiang Nee is a veteran journalist and editor of the information website littlespeck.com (e-mail: cnseah2000@ littlespeck.com )

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
anaecdototal evidence suggests cracks marrying women of such stature.

too materialistic can calculative...it's ironic because some are earning higher than the men.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Sinkie gals do not assume that they are always right and on their views so much, and so insistence on winning every argument...things would not come to this stage.

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
anaecdototal evidence suggests cracks marrying women of such stature.

too materialistic can calculative...it's ironic because some are earning higher than the men.

Wah lau oi.... you got nothing better to do? Such an old thread oso dig out. :biggrin:

The main reason why singkie gals have become like that is they kenna blainwashed by the Womens Charter :( ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................F*CK THE WOMENS CHARTER !!!

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
So why do Singkie men allow Singkie women to behave this way?
Are Singkie men that desperate?

Actually from my personal observations, sg women are already like this. It's not really up to the guys' "allowing" or not.