• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shameful Encounter in USA with Pinoy

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
chill and enjoy. no point getting a few veins blown when you meet wannabes. . . .

you're dealing with (lowly) working flips . . . .

these are 1st gen fob flips who think they're closer to god (whites) and better than asiatics in the asiatic pecking order (will expound on that later). many wish to think they have spaniard genes just because they have spanish names. they will emphasize that spaniard is european while mexican and hispanic are mixed american. it's a whole new subject needing a whole new thread, so no point getting in depth herJe.

just relax when you're on vacation or on the web. :p

I'm cool buddy. Just that I felt insulted being a Thai (I don't mean I'm a real Thai but at least half Thai la).

I like the term flips . . . Is this use for pinoys in USA? I thought its very appropriate.

Well I guess the only good thing that resulted in their mixed blood are some of those beautiful women there.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm cool buddy. Just that I felt insulted being a Thai (I don't mean I'm a real Thai but at least half Thai la).

I like the term flips . . . Is this use for pinoys in USA? I thought its very appropriate.

Well I guess the only good thing that resulted in their mixed blood are some of those beautiful women there.

Just admit that what he said is true facts, that most Thais cannot speak English. Why do you not admit you are a Sinkie and tell a white lie yourself? If you had been born a Thai most like probably you can't speak English.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just admit that what he said is true facts, that most Thais cannot speak English. Why do you not admit you are a Sinkie and tell a white lie yourself? If you had been born a Thai most like probably you can't speak English.

Honestly after living in Thailand for many years I'm really used to saying I come from Thailand when asked where I'm from. I have to agree with you most Thais is really bad in English, this is why even very rich Thais are afraid to travel alone or with non-English speaking companion, the immediate thing they fear is filling up immigration forms and getting lost in airports, funny but true.

Ok coming back to this, I was angry simply because this guy has a nose so high and looked down on other asians and thinks flips are the top among asians which I cannot tahan.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Borat said:
It's not strange at all for Pinoys to be on American soil. More strange for PRC's to be there. Philippines was once a colony of the US for 100 years, twice longer than the PAP ruling Singapore.

Does it mean that Pinoys have a more legitimate right of staying in the US than the PAP has in Singapore?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Does it mean that Pinoys have a more legitimate right of staying in the US than the PAP has in Singapore?

Besides being unable to understand the point made by Borat which shows a certain lack of understanding English, you obviously lack knowledge of the American history in Philippines.

Is it not obvious that he was referring to a period of time rather than the legitimacy of the right to stay as a comparison? What do you expect if for a 100 years the Americans had been screwing Filipinas thus having many Fil-Americans being born? Like Obama, if one parent is an American that is good enough for a foreigner to gain a citizenship in the States. There are about 4 million Fil-Americans in the States mostly in California and many like Phoebe Cates and Rob Schneider have Pinoy blood.

Many Pinoys also served in the US Armed Forces and they were given citizenship too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
so are you saying susan boyle's england also tak pakai one..must also have subtitles..."'The first part was pre-recorded at her home in Blackburn, Scotland. The subtitles were added by bosses who thought American viewers would not understand her strong Scottish accent'''
l

Susan Boyle isn't English you twit. She's SCOTTISH. You said so yourself. :rolleyes:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly after living in Thailand for many years I'm really used to saying I come from Thailand when asked where I'm from. I have to agree with you most Thais is really bad in English, this is why even very rich Thais are afraid to travel alone or with non-English speaking companion, the immediate thing they fear is filling up immigration forms and getting lost in airports, funny but true.

Ok coming back to this, I was angry simply because this guy has a nose so high and looked down on other asians and thinks flips are the top among asians which I cannot tahan.

I would not like to think that as someone as popular as yourself in this forum, you need to join the crowd in putting down another race, no matter what colour or creed. I apologise if I am wrong, but I had the impression you started this thread for that reason.

We all can say many bad things about the US, but one thing I do know is that many migrants who managed to obtain the Green Card are very proud being a citizen of the US. They will never want to go back to their country of origin once they got their citizenship, countries with oppressive regimes, rampant corruption and little opportunities. Obama is a prime example of what America stood for. Do not let the American politics or the recent events blind us that many people would give an eye to be an American citizen. It is no wonder those who made it are very proud to call themselves Amercans, no matter what colour or creed they belong to.

We can wait for another 100 years before Singapore will have an Indian or Malay PM.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I would not like to think that as someone as popular as yourself in this forum, you need to join the crowd in putting down another race, no matter what colour or creed. I apologise if I am wrong, but I had the impression you started this thread for that reason.

We all can say many bad things about the US, but one thing I do know is that many migrants who managed to obtain the Green Card are very proud being a citizen of the US. They will never want to go back to their country of origin once they got their citizenship, countries with oppressive regimes, rampant corruption and little opportunities. Obama is a prime example of what America stood for. Do not let the American politics or the recent events blind us that many people would give an eye to be an American citizen. It is no wonder those who made it are very proud to call themselves Amercans, no matter what colour or creed they belong to.

We can wait for another 100 years before Singapore will have an Indian or Malay PM.

i apologize if I sounded that way jubulee1919. I was angry of this guy being a snob and putting other asians down. I agree with you that people who got green card has everything to be proud of because they somewhat had begun the process to belong to a great nation. While driving around these few days I cannot help to be amazed by this nation who gave this world so many things that made this world a better place. I started to recall stuffs coming out of industries like 3M, Standard Oil (Exxon), Dupont, Dow, GE etc etc. Hell, the company I used to work for is the inventor of the simple 6-pack carrier rings that changed the world. To be American is something to be proud of. Ya I'm also proud of my 2 nieces who are living here now and call this place home.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You know as much as it is nasty when it comes to putting others down i find it laughable on the reasonings some ppl use. Like english proficiency. That's retarded. The philippines was colonized by 2 different countries both ang mohs. That's why they have spanish surnames are mostly catholics and speak english sufficiently well i suppose. Thailand on the other hand was never colonized by a european power so obviously there was no need to adopt a foreign language. Isn't that something to be proud of?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You know as much as it is nasty when it comes to putting others down i find it laughable on the reasonings some ppl use. Like english proficiency. That's retarded. The philippines was colonized by 2 different countries both ang mohs. That's why they have spanish surnames are mostly catholics and speak english sufficiently well i suppose. Thailand on the other hand was never colonized by a european power so obviously there was no need to adopt a foreign language. Isn't that something to be proud of?

he he he he ok I'm trying to be a little cheeky here when I say this and it could be a little politically sensitive to the Thais - Thailand have been colonized by the current dynasty and Thais are still slaves living in a class or cast society. Not just my view but many learned Thais have similar thinking. Ok we have to stop here about Thailand.

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal

It has got to do with Karma. The Pinoys are being looked down upon by other Asians in Asia because Pinoyland is known as being The Sick Man of Asia.

On the other hand, the Pinoy FOBs in America in general are more Americanized and can speak better American English than other Asian FOBs, so, they look down on other Asians which makes sense. This is how the Asian pecking order plays out amongst the FOBs in the U.S. The Pinoys are at the top of the pecking order. Even the Jap and Korean FOBs are being looked down by them.

There are always compromises in this world we live in. Just because the Pinoys are being looked down upon in Asia by other Asians doesn't mean that they cannot look down on other Asians in another part of the world (in America). It has more to do with which territory they are in. Like gangsters, each race or ethnic group have their own territory which they consider to be their stronghold.

The Pinoys you encountered are the low skilled workers working as taxi drivers, waiters, bellhops, etc. Because the U.S. Immigration program highly favors family reunification, most of those low skilled workers has a family member or close relative who is an American citizen that petitioned them to live and work in the USA. How did their relative obtain their American citizenship? Mostly through professional work immigration program i.e. working as doctors or nurses. Off course there are some who take the easy route by marrying American citizens.

FYI, the low skilled Pinoys in America have their pride. Because they are considered to be more integrated into the American society than other FOBs.

Do you remember there was a Sinkie taxi driver in Singapore who married a Pinay nurse that gave him the opportunity to get a U.S. Green Card? The couple lived in New Jersey but ended up committing suicide by jumping into the Hudson River.

Last edited:

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Susan Boyle isn't English you twit. She's SCOTTISH. You said so yourself. :rolleyes:

Like that say ar?then Americans with American accent ,aussies with aussie accent or kiwis with kiwi accent they also don't speak England lor.?No wonder PM of OZ land Julia Gillard with her bogan accent was once asked by some school kids in America if she spoke English when she paid a visit in US…it is not the language per se..it is the accent..you twat! :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it is not the language per se..it is the accent..you twat! :rolleyes:

So it's OK to make fun of and denigrate Pinoys for the way they speak English but when I point out that sinkies have their own bombastic way of pronouncing words it suddenly becomes "just an accent". :rolleyes:

Sinkies are no better than their despised govt when it comes to different rules for different folks.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Pinoys you encountered are the low skilled workers working as taxi drivers, waiters, bellhops, etc. Because the U.S. Immigration program highly favors family reunification, most of those low skilled workers has a family member or close relative who is an American citizen that petitioned them to live and work in the USA. How did their relative obtain their American citizenship? Mostly through professional work immigration program i.e. working as doctors or nurses. Off course there are some who take the easy route by marrying American citizens.

FYI, the low skilled Pinoys in America have their pride. Because they are considered to be more integrated into the American society than other FOBs.

Do you remember there was a Sinkie taxi driver in Singapore who married a Pinay nurse that gave him the opportunity to get a U.S. Green Card? The couple lived in New Jersey but ended up committing suicide by jumping into the Hudson River.

Like I'd said anyone in the world who carries an American passport can be proud of that, afterall it's still the greatest nation on earth whether one likes it or not this is a fact. Sad case for the taxi driver.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
American English spelling is alright (in fact more authentically English than British English) but American English pronunciation sucks. Anti becomes an-tie and Iraq becomes Ai-rack, can and can't are pronounced the same (just with heavier accentuation you need to figure out), France is pronounced as Friends etc. Can't stand them except the occasional pretty girl whom I put up with just because I want to bed and fuck her.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So it's OK to make fun of and denigrate Pinoys for the way they speak English but when I point out that sinkies have their own bombastic way of pronouncing words it suddenly becomes "just an accent". :rolleyes:

Sinkies are no better than their despised govt when it comes to different rules for different folks.

Only those Singaporeans who personally mixed around with foreigners who speaks English as a first language can understand that it not so much the accent rather than bad pronunciation that differentiates the Singaporean. For instance, Singaporeans pronounced cemetery as "se - mah - try" and not "se - meh - ter - ry". They usually shortened the word and the "r's" are usually not pronounced as in "Pork" which they pronounced as "pok."

We have to be observant to the reaction of those foreigners when we communicate and see their reaction and facial expression in order to gauge how they view our speech. Often times I have to be on my guard not to slip into the Singaporean way of speech when talking to an American, Ozzie or Englishman, or else they may show consternation on their faces in trying to understand me. Believe me, we Singaporeans are not that great English speakers as some might be led to believe.

Anyone wants to have some "pok" noodles?

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides being unable to understand the point made by Borat which shows a certain lack of understanding English, you obviously lack knowledge of the American history in Philippines.

Is it not obvious that he was referring to a period of time rather than the legitimacy of the right to stay as a comparison?

No. He was definitely not referring to a period of Filipino history as his main subject but that of the Filipinos' legitimacy of staying in the US as compared with the PRC immigrants. The long period of American presence in the Philippines was quoted as the reason why. American's colonisation of the Philippines is something that you want to use as a subject matter and it should deserve a separate post. A word of advice: before you go about insulting someone's poor English and understanding, look at your own English and understanding first. Otherwise it just goes to show a lack of rebutting substance.
I reproduce Borat's quote below:
Originally Posted by Borat
It's not strange at all for Pinoys to be on American soil. More strange for PRC's to be there. Philippines was once a colony of the US for 100 years, twice longer than the PAP ruling Singapore.