• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shameful Encounter in USA with Pinoy

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone wants to have some "pok" noodles?

Sinkies can't pronounce "th" either. "that" becomes "dat".

Neither can they pronounce "a". "day" becomes "deh".

The most hilarious of all is the way sinkies pronounce "flour".

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No. He was definitely not referring to a period of Filipino history as his main subject but that of the Filipinos' legitimacy of staying in the US as compared with the PRC immigrants. The long period of American presence in the Philippines was quoted as the reason why. American's colonisation of the Philippines is something that you want to use as a subject matter and it should deserve a separate post. A word of advice: before you go about insulting someone's poor English and understanding, look at your own English and understanding first. Otherwise it just goes to show a lack of rebutting substance.
I reproduce Borat's quote below:
Originally Posted by Borat
It's not strange at all for Pinoys to be on American soil. More strange for PRC's to be there. Philippines was once a colony of the US for 100 years, twice longer than the PAP ruling Singapore.

Ok point taken but reading his post, he is saying it is not strange at all for Filipinos to be on American soil as they were a former colony of the States. He went on to say the Americans were in the Philippines for 100 years which is a very long period, taking note that the PAP has only ruled Singapore for 50 years which is half the length of time. So much water has passed under the bridge since then, what more for the American-Philippines relationship. There had been a long acrimonious relationship between US and China and it was not that long ago the Chinese opened their doors to foreigners.

Similarly, hordes of Japanese, Koreans and after the Vietnam wars the Viets began appearing on American shores long before the PRC Chinese. He therefore argued that one should see more Pinoys than PRC's in America, which is not surprising.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jubilee1919 said:
Ok point taken but reading his post, he is saying it is not strange at all for Filipinos to be on American soil as they were a former colony of the States. He went on to say the Americans were in the Philippines for 100 years which is a very long period, taking note that the PAP has only ruled Singapore for 50 years which is half the length of time. So much water has passed under the bridge since then, what more for the American-Philippines relationship. There had been a long acrimonious relationship between US and China and it was not that long ago the Chinese opened their doors to foreigners.

Similarly, hordes of Japanese, Koreans and after the Vietnam wars the Viets began appearing on American shores long before the PRC Chinese. He therefore argued that one should see more Pinoys than PRC's in America, which is not surprising.

I have no comments on that. He and I believe you are stating the facts of history.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am beginning to love this forum. Here, we have free English grammar lessons, occasionally, some pronunciation and spelling lessons.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

some california history for you and borat. chinese under ching were in the bay area by the thousands since 1849. they started as gold prospectors and miners then went on to fishing after gold at lower riverbeds ran out or were mined out. white cartels with money, thugs and guns were also able to keep individual prospectors out in areas more inland and upriver. as fishermen, chinese were extremely successful. they founded a fishing village in monterey. it's called china point today. cannery row was created by whites for sardines processing and canning as a result of the success of chinese fishermen in monterey. while whites, mainly portugese and italians, were focused on sardines, chinese were fishing and harvesting all kinds of seafood and at the same time preserving a more balanced ecosystem at the monterey coast without eliminating one species. white fishermen caused the extinction of the monterey sardines species because they were a one trick pony.

up north in san pablo bay, the chinese founded china camp and turned it into one of the most successful fishing village northeast of sf. sacramento had a chinatown earlier than that in sf, and north of it, the earliest chinese temple was built and a town dedicated to early chinese in the bay area was founded. it's part of california heritage today.

when more euro and white migrants showed up from the east and heartland, plans for a continental railroad took shape. irish immigrants would be hired to do the hard work. the eastern half was easy to build as terrain was relatively flat. the western half was impossible and impregnable because of the sierra nevada and rockies. irish workers made no progress and started to strike. stanford decided to hire the chinese by the boatloads, and the rest was history. they blasted tunnels thru' mountains, built bridges over ravines and gorges, cut thru' rock, snaked up and down some of the toughest terrain before finally arriving at the meet point deep beyond the rockies on good time. the chinese railroaders saved stanford's arse. he went on to become a tycoon and a famous philanthropist. he hired mostly chinese butlers, cooks and servants for his large estate at palo alto. he founded stanford university and made sure that children of his chinese household had places and scholarships in the university.

there's more to bay area history of course but i'll stop here.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some california history for you and borat. chinese under ching were in the bay area by the thousands since 1849. they started as gold prospectors and miners then went on to fishing after gold at lower riverbeds ran out or were mined out. white cartels with money, thugs and guns were also able to keep individual prospectors out in areas more inland and upriver. as fishermen, chinese were extremely successful. they founded a fishing village in monterey. it's called china point today. cannery row was created by whites for sardines processing and canning as a result of the success of chinese fishermen in monterey. while whites, mainly portugese and italians, were focused on sardines, chinese were fishing and harvesting all kinds of seafood and at the same time preserving a more balanced ecosystem at the monterey coast without eliminating one species. white fishermen caused the extinction of the monterey sardines species because they were a one trick pony.

up north in san pablo bay, the chinese founded china camp and turned it into one of the most successful fishing village northeast of sf. sacramento had a chinatown earlier than that in sf, and north of it, the earliest chinese temple was built and a town dedicated to early chinese in the bay area was founded. it's part of california heritage today.

when more euro and white migrants showed up from the east and heartland, plans for a continental railroad took shape. irish immigrants would be hired to do the hard work. the eastern half was easy to build as terrain was relatively flat. the western half was impossible and impregnable because of the sierra nevada and rockies. irish workers made no progress and started to strike. stanford decided to hire the chinese by the boatloads, and the rest was history. they blasted tunnels thru' mountains, built bridges over ravines and gorges, cut thru' rock, snaked up and down some of the toughest terrain before finally arriving at the meet point deep beyond the rockies on good time. the chinese railroaders saved stanford's arse. he went on to become a tycoon and a famous philanthropist. he hired mostly chinese butlers, cooks and servants for his large estate at palo alto. he founded stanford university and made sure that children of his chinese household had places and scholarships in the university.

there's more to bay area history of course but i'll stop here.

wow chinese contributed so much but try asking the americans what they think and they'll say they are parasites and they built everything.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow chinese contributed so much but try asking the americans what they think and they'll say they are parasites and they built everything.

the new span of the sf-oakland bay bridge between treasure island and oakland is 99% made in china, but assembly is accomplished on site. the giant steel parts cannot be made anywhere in the world, only in china. they had to ship the parts all the way from a port in china to oakland, going under the golden gate bridge. they had to wait for low tide to go under. gigantic cranes and lifts at the port of oakland were also shipped from china. they were so tall and huge that only a few feet separated the tip of the structures and bottom platform of the bridge.

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not being a racist here. The color of their skin tells the story and yet they have this thinking that they are one of the Yankees breed just because
they can speak better English with a fake American accent.

If we look back historically, Filipinos are merely the end results of "Malays + Spanish" breed.
The fact is that they have always refuse to admit that they carries part of Malay blood stream running in their body just like what the Japanese did.
In reality they are just Malays across borders as majority of their neighboring countries are Malays.

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060903224815AAUgCyW

Filipinos are of malay stock. i study south east asia's history in school and this is my expertise.

people of asean mostly they came from malay stock that's why our face and skin complexion looks very much the same. although there're many mixed marriage it didnt only happen in the philippines. in phils they call it mestizo while in other countries they have their own abbreviation. please dont think that malay people in the phillippines is the only malay who practice interacial marriage. there're lotsa others in indonesia (dutch), malaysia (chinese, indian, british, portuguese), brunei, etc.

because of different religious background people may forget that Filipinos are actually Malay because predominantly Malays in ASEAN are muslim while in the Phillippines almost all of them are Catholic.

Language is a little bit different but they derived from the ancient malay language. while indonesians, malaysians, and bruneians can understand each other we find it hard to understand tagalog because it's completely different language BUT there are words that is similar or sounded similar. i dont think there's any problem if people from these countries want to learn tagalog/bahasa melayu/indonesia.

tagalog is partly influenced by spanish language, malay, chinese and local language like kapampangan, waray, cebuano.

spanish = trabajo is trabaho in tagalog
malay = kerbau is carabao in tagalog, mata is same in both language, as of kanan, kambing, anak etc.

B

Baluku

First of all if you think pinoys are aplenty in Singapore I say come to US you see yourself there are like maggots infestation here. Everywhere I go I see them, waitresses, taxi drivers, porters, bell boys etc etc.

Met this bell boy this afternoon he asked me where I come from obviously I said from Thailand, he said he was surprised to hear my English spoken so well and said he had met many Thais but non could speak even simple English (ok although I'm not really Thai I am feeling a little dulan about his comment). To rub it in he said that generally Filipinos speaks like Americans so could travel everywhere in the world to work. That really blows it, I told him straight, Sir I really don't think you guys are anything close to Americans in any way, speaking or behaving, you guys to me speaks more like Hispanics and not just that you guys even look like Mexicans. That shut him up for good.

Why are you ashamed of identifying yourself as a Singaporean?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not being a racist here. The color of their skin tells the story and yet they have this thinking that they are one of the Yankees breed just because
they can speak better English with a fake American accent.

If we look back historically, Filipinos are merely the end results of "Malays + Spanish" breed.
The fact is that they have always refuse to admit that they carries part of Malay blood stream running in their body just like what the Japanese did.
In reality they are just Malays across borders as majority of their neighboring countries are Malays.

Would you say that malay is sort of an umbrella term to call ppl from the sea region. Something like how they group orientals as mongoloids.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too many myths here. in the philippines, there's only a small minority with spaniard genes. and it's not 50-50 native aborigine and spaniard, but more like 50 aborigine, 25 spaniard, and 25 chinese/japanese. between chinese and japanese, there are more chinese in the genetic pool as jap genes are mostly the result of jap occupation during ww2, where many filipina were raped or willingly offer wombs to the invaders. those with dominant spanish genes are the luckier ones as they tend to look fairer, taller, and better looking than all other hybrids. these end up at the higher strata of filipino society. but they are not necessarily as wealthy as those with chinese genes, who make up much of the higher rungs in manila who's who. wealth and economic success attract good looking bimbos, and hybrids of spaniard and chinese filipinos dominate the power and economic landscape of the philippines, especially in manila the capital and main island luzon. go to mindanao and other islands, and you'll find mainly aborigine stock. in the philippines, most looked up to the fairer hybrids as higher wealthy class but there's envy and suspicion as always. the pure spanish gene has pretty much been diluted and all but disappeared save for adoption of last names as in all catholic missionary colonies. native names gave way to spanish names with baptism and conversion. a filipino today with a spanish last name is no guarantee that he has an iota of spanish blood. it's just proof that native filipino genealogy is utterly decimated by catholic encroachment into another paganistic culture. in some remote regions however, the native culture is still alive.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too many myths here. in the philippines, there's only a small minority with spaniard genes. and it's not 50-50 native aborigine and spaniard, but more like 50 aborigine, 25 spaniard, and 25 chinese/japanese. between chinese and japanese, there are more chinese in the genetic pool as jap genes are mostly the result of jap occupation during ww2, where many filipina were raped or willingly offer wombs to the invaders. those with dominant spanish genes are the luckier ones as they tend to look fairer, taller, and better looking than all other hybrids. these end up at the higher strata of filipino society. but they are not necessarily as wealthy as those with chinese genes, who make up much of the higher rungs in manila who's who. wealth and economic success attract good looking bimbos, and hybrids of spaniard and chinese filipinos dominate the power and economic landscape of the philippines, especially in manila the capital and main island luzon. go to mindanao and other islands, and you'll find mainly aborigine stock. in the philippines, most looked up to the fairer hybrids as higher wealthy class but there's envy and suspicion as always. the pure spanish gene has pretty much been diluted and all but disappeared save for adoption of last names as in all catholic missionary colonies. native names gave way to spanish names with baptism and conversion. a filipino today with a spanish last name is no guarantee that he has an iota of spanish blood. it's just proof that native filipino genealogy is utterly decimated by catholic encroachment into another paganistic culture. in some remote regions however, the native culture is still alive.

Opps are we seeing some sort of correlation here? Chinese and east asians dominate all economies in asia and a country like sg is ahead of it's neighbours and even in places like mudland and indonesia the chinese dominate the economies of those countries too. Wow amazing huh. Opps that's racist, i'm supposed to be ashamed of being a chinese.

I should be doing this instead. Wah those with spanish genes so handsome ah! wah so pretty ah! wah so superior ah! Those with chinese genes i should say eeee so lousy so nerdy eeee so inferior. There! you see i'm not a racist anymore. :rolleyes:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they can speak better English with a fake American accent. Anyone who migrates to the States will pick up the accent, and a majority of them were born on American soil. If you say their accents are fake, you don't know enough about living there. A prominent member here, who is living in San Francisco eatshitndie can tell you whether he speaks true American accent ot fake. He was born in Singapore I believe.

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060903224815AAUgCyW

Filipinos are of malay stock. i study south east asia's history in school and this is my expertise.

people of asean mostly they came from malay stock that's why our face and skin complexion looks very much the same. although there're many mixed marriage it didnt only happen in the philippines. in phils they call it mestizo while in other countries they have their own abbreviation. please dont think that malay people in the phillippines is the only malay who practice interacial marriage. there're lotsa others in indonesia (dutch), malaysia (chinese, indian, british, portuguese), brunei, etc.

because of different religious background people may forget that Filipinos are actually Malay because predominantly Malays in ASEAN are muslim while in the Phillippines almost all of them are Catholic.

Language is a little bit different but they derived from the ancient malay language. while indonesians, malaysians, and bruneians can understand each other we find it hard to understand tagalog because it's completely different language BUT there are words that is similar or sounded similar. i dont think there's any problem if people from these countries want to learn tagalog/bahasa melayu/indonesia.

tagalog is partly influenced by spanish language, malay, chinese and local language like kapampangan, waray, cebuano.

spanish = trabajo is trabaho in tagalog
malay = kerbau is carabao in tagalog, mata is same in both language, as of kanan, kambing, anak etc.

As for the rest of your post, another member here Gook (I believe that is the nick) can tell lots more. But what is your point? You are Chinese? Why are you here if you think these Pinoys/Malays are not fit to be humans because they will not admit they are of Malay stock? Can you show the link that says, I quote you, "The fact is that they have always refuse to admit that they carries part of Malay blood stream running in their body just like what the Japanese did." And what did the Japanese did exactly?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in california, the pecking order is in greenies you make, the district you live in and the school your children attend. if you happen to speak and write english well, good for you, but it is no indication of the real pecking order.

for asiatics, japanese are well respected for their honor and discipline by gringos, followed by koreans. taiwanese are sometimes being confused with mainlanders, so the full respect accorded to an ally is often tainted with suspicion about inadvertent cavorting with commies. koreans mass murdering americans on american soil have caused gringos to rethink about their newfound love for kimchi. they are now being carefully watched with a pretentious smile, just in case the dark side of kim jung very ill springs from his grave with uzis blasting away. hongkongers, not interchangeable with hongkies as honkies mean gringos here in the u.s., are a forgotten lot. this is because hongkong is swallowed by china and has lost its sovereign identity. no one here cares. sinkies, often associated with none other than lky, are commonly referred to as his zombies. the respect for sinkies by americans has more to do with the wrong notion that sg is a renegade city in china run by a republican and a capitalist by the name of lee, which is the last name of a rebel general from the south. indians, not amerindians, are acceptable so long as they don't wear turbans and force their women to cover up. one even made it to governor of a southern state, and almost accepted as white due to his caucasoid features. his skin tone is forgiven as someone who spends a lot of time in the sun cleaning up beaches fron the bp spill. ok, now to the flip. the flip is seen as an airport security personnel who just lost his job to more real citizen gringos and blacks working for the tsa.

in the bay area, in terms of greenies, homes, districts and schools, the pecking order among asiatics are:
1. jet li. ironically he moved to sg.
2. taiwanese including jerry yang the yahoo billionaire plus numerous silicon valley entrepreneurs
3. some chinese chaps at apple
4. some chinese chaps at google
5. some chinese chaps at facebook
6. htc executives
7. samsung executives
8. serial starters-up and inventors who are abc's
9. japanese executives (losing lustre)
10. hongkonger millionaires and real estate tycoons
11. east indian entrepreneurs and inventors
12. mainland chinese entrepreneurs and inventors
13. sinkie investors and inventors
14. viet small business folks
15. filipino franchisee of goldilocks the filipino cake shop
16. hmong and cambodian farmers

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies can't pronounce "th" either. "that" becomes "dat".

Neither can they pronounce "a". "day" becomes "deh".

The most hilarious of all is the way sinkies pronounce "flour".

alotta native speakers have been making fun of each others pronunciations..examples..Kiwi may say deck that sounds like dick...pen that sounds like pin...or aussies may say coke that sounds like cork or cock...there are so many jokes out there about natives funny pronunciations that could be misunderstood by another native speaker ...that said i am not promoting singlish..singaporeans should try speak english that can be understood by all others if they want to further their career..otherwise just speak singlish if they feel that thats what they should speak or are comfortable with..

longdongsilver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only those Singaporeans who personally mixed around with foreigners who speaks English as a first language can understand that it not so much the accent rather than bad pronunciation that differentiates the Singaporean. For instance, Singaporeans pronounced cemetery as "se - mah - try" and not "se - meh - ter - ry". They usually shortened the word and the "r's" are usually not pronounced as in "Pork" which they pronounced as "pok."

We have to be observant to the reaction of those foreigners when we communicate and see their reaction and facial expression in order to gauge how they view our speech. Often times I have to be on my guard not to slip into the Singaporean way of speech when talking to an American, Ozzie or Englishman, or else they may show consternation on their faces in trying to understand me. Believe me, we Singaporeans are not that great English speakers as some might be led to believe.

Anyone wants to have some "pok" noodles?
theres no need for you to be on guard all the time..it ll only make you look less confident...remember you are better that most of the native english speakers coz you most likely can speak more than one language whereas most of the native english speakers can only speak English...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
that said i am not promoting singlish..singaporeans should try speak english that can be understood by all others if they want to further their career..otherwise just speak singlish if they feel that thats what they should speak or are comfortable with..

What I hate most about singlish is not the accent. It's the "closs der light, open der light, tomolow oso going.." crap which is a result of the direct translation from Chinese. It's extremely embarrassing. It makes sinkies sound like idiots.