• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone. I just got my state consent a week ago...can anyone tell me what should I be looking out for next? TIA!

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello , I just joined. I am a waiting for my unit at Sky Gardens to be completed. Any other Sky Gardens owners here?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello , I just joined. I am a waiting for my unit at Sky Gardens to be completed. Any other Sky Gardens owners here?

Hello and welcome! I don't have a unit at Sky Gardens but will move into the Setia Tropika area hopefully by Q1 next year.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. I brought some friends to see Setia Tropika yesterday and they were very interested in the cluster house The Galmour but its sold out. Setia Tropika has a very nice ambience I feel. Very tropical in feeling. I do wish though that there was better public transport. One of my friends who doesnt drive was asking if there is a way to get aroudn without driving? I mean to commute to Singapore and also around JB.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST is too far. EDL always jammmeddd and need to pay toll fees.

Thank you. I brought some friends to see Setia Tropika yesterday and they were very interested in the cluster house The Galmour but its sold out. Setia Tropika has a very nice ambience I feel. Very tropical in feeling. I do wish though that there was better public transport. One of my friends who doesnt drive was asking if there is a way to get aroudn without driving? I mean to commute to Singapore and also around JB.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one with nice showhouse selling at RM 1.1M? If interested, your friend can registered with Setia sales to be put on waiting list.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, they have registered. My friend retired early at 45, she doesnt need to travel during peak hour or even daily to Singapore. She just needs to travel here once a week or so to see her parents. The jam doesn't bother her and she has time. What she is concerned about is whether there are or will be buses or any other means of transport conveneint to get around. I am aware that in Malaysia most of the time one needs a car but there are the Iskandar buses so am hoping now or in the future there will be better connectivity.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering , would that change if there is a station in Kempas when the RTS is operational? Also do all ST residents drive? For those who dont, is there any other mode of transport like buses?

If RTS station in Kempas, I think you still need to find a means to travel to the station.
Would it improve traffic ? I think in general it should if people decides to take MRT to/fro Sg daily to work.

To enjoy JB, I think one should really drive.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If RTS station in Kempas, I think you still need to find a means to travel to the station.
Would it improve traffic ? I think in general it should if people decides to take MRT to/fro Sg daily to work.

To enjoy JB, I think one should really drive.

By the way, Chocolate, I'm also waiting for SKy Garden to be completed.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice to meet you , Future neighbour:smile: Btw, do you plan to move in? As for me, I am hoping to rent out first, in future I may retire there.Not anytime soon. My family and I like Setia Tropika, the ambience. Its very green and peaceful. Spacious, not so built up. But I agree, in JB its practical to drive, we have a car. You're right even with the RTS, my friend will need transport to get to the station.Perhaps she should buy in Nusajaya instead so she can catch the CW bus. She doesnt drive.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice to meet you , Future neighbour:smile: Btw, do you plan to move in? As for me, I am hoping to rent out first, in future I may retire there.Not anytime soon. My family and I like Setia Tropika, the ambience. Its very green and peaceful. Spacious, not so built up. But I agree, in JB its practical to drive, we have a car. You're right even with the RTS, my friend will need transport to get to the station.Perhaps she should buy in Nusajaya instead so she can catch the CW bus. She doesnt drive.

I actually have same thoughts as you. Rent first, then retire later.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST got rental market?

Its the first condo there so hard to say. I think it will be a challenge as there's too much construction going on there with Sky Estadia and the concept mall next door. But as we bought relatively cheap, we can also rent low and still get a decent yield. Hopefully......I borrowed only 50% so I don't think I will have any problems covering my loan. The main thing is I just want to have some income to pay it down while waiting for my retirement. By locking in price, I save on the quantum. Sky Estadia is being sold at almost double psf.