• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi fellow neighbours!

Quick question for all of you...how often do you experience power outage/blackout in your area? Just need to make sure we are prepared when it happens! TIA!

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello again - just trying to get some traction in this thread - it's too quiet here :wink:

We're moving in sometime around mid Feb; the reno contractor has done a great job thus far but will stop work today for CNY break and will resume work on Feb 7.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all on this thread!!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello again - just trying to get some traction in this thread - it's too quiet here :wink:

We're moving in sometime around mid Feb; the reno contractor has done a great job thus far but will stop work today for CNY break and will resume work on Feb 7.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all on this thread!!

wishing you a good experience living in m'sia.!

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello neighbours.

I'm kind of at my wits' end right now and hope someone can help me out with this. I am desperately trying to get my home broadband/wireless set up for my ST house before I move in this weekend (GULP!). I checked online with TM for Unifi and Streamyx but both services don't seem to have coverage at where my house is (how is that possible since the outlying nearby areas are all mature areas?!).

So if you could help me by letting me know which service provider you are currently using for your home in ST and if the service is reliable and stable, I would be so grateful. Otherwise, if you know of anyone who can help with simple home networking set up, that would work too. I take lots of night calls with my US colleagues and I don't want to have to camp out somewhere else in the middle of the night! So pls take this as a plea for help :biggrin:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mummymoo, post here https://www.facebook.com/groups/setiatropika/?fref=ts.

Have you joined their group yet?

All sorts of discussion.

Some damn irritating as well

Hello neighbours.

I'm kind of at my wits' end right now and hope someone can help me out with this. I am desperately trying to get my home broadband/wireless set up for my ST house before I move in this weekend (GULP!). I checked online with TM for Unifi and Streamyx but both services don't seem to have coverage at where my house is (how is that possible since the outlying nearby areas are all mature areas?!).

So if you could help me by letting me know which service provider you are currently using for your home in ST and if the service is reliable and stable, I would be so grateful. Otherwise, if you know of anyone who can help with simple home networking set up, that would work too. I take lots of night calls with my US colleagues and I don't want to have to camp out somewhere else in the middle of the night! So pls take this as a plea for help :biggrin:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was this guy Danny or something in the group who used to do Broadband stuff. I'm not sure if he is reliable or not. Did u contact him?

Yep, sent him a pm but no reply thus far. Quite strange because when I tried to look for him on that page, he is no longer listed as a member.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea I tried that as well looking him up n failed. He used to post so often about Broadband/Fiber etc.

So hard to trust on the internet these days.

I think he is into a diff biz venture now. He is Danny Chen/cheng something.

Regarding power outages very rare unless u r previously informed about maintenance shutdown.

power trips may be more common. but not a big issue either.

one more thing ppl on forum may seem hyper/excited/super friendly. But these same ppl are douche bags/dafts/insecure bumheads.

lol.... talking from experience.

iv had pretty strange/weird experiences to the point I'v decided to pay back in equal measure more.

Strange .... politeness does not pay.

in d meantime consider maxis prepaid broadband. A tad ex but more reliable.

dun even look at digi. too slow. u'l b panting at 2.75G.

There is a TM shop there. you might consider asking.

Yep, sent him a pm but no reply thus far. Quite strange because when I tried to look for him on that page, he is no longer listed as a member.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea more of ranting.

Got one neighbour complaining about Fireworks @ midnight.

comeon.

It's CNY time. It's once a year. Just enjoy the festivity n live d spirit.

instead complain can't sleep la, must work la etc.

if so stuck up stay in Spore!!

I am in that group but don't find much exchanging of information going on there... :(

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea I tried that as well looking him up n failed. He used to post so often about Broadband/Fiber etc.

So hard to trust on the internet these days.

I think he is into a diff biz venture now. He is Danny Chen/cheng something.

Regarding power outages very rare unless u r previously informed about maintenance shutdown.

power trips may be more common. but not a big issue either.

one more thing ppl on forum may seem hyper/excited/super friendly. But these same ppl are douche bags/dafts/insecure bumheads.

lol.... talking from experience.

iv had pretty strange/weird experiences to the point I'v decided to pay back in equal measure more.

Strange .... politeness does not pay.

in d meantime consider maxis prepaid broadband. A tad ex but more reliable.

dun even look at digi. too slow. u'l b panting at 2.75G.

There is a TM shop there. you might consider asking.

Hey thanks for looking up that Danny person as well for me, that's a really nice gesture :smile:

I have two internet options now and will decide by Sat...

Thanks to bro Potter, I will check out P1 this weekend at Jusco Tebrau - they have a roadshow so I'm going to have a look-see then.

I know Maxis has a shop at that mall so if all else fail, I'll sign up with Maxis although I am not very happy about it. Their wireless home internet plans are so misleading. For eg, their RM139/month plan touts 28GB bandwidth when in actual fact only 7GB is available from something like 8pm-2am and the rest from 2am onwards. It's crazy advertising. The only good thing is that it does not require any cabling because it goes direct to the electricity points so it's literally plug and play. That's why I hope there won't be any power failure. Else, I might be knocking on neighbour's doors at night to ask for wifi! Except I have no neighbours at the moment because no one else has moved in yet!

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea more of ranting.

Got one neighbour complaining about Fireworks @ midnight.

comeon.

It's CNY time. It's once a year. Just enjoy the festivity n live d spirit.

instead complain can't sleep la, must work la etc.

if so stuck up stay in Spore!!

I'm with you on this...I much prefer the yearly fireworks than the yearly getai! (no offence to getai fans!)