• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am planning to make trip to Setia Tropika for a look.

I know from google map that we can take the Utara-Selatan highway from Woodland CIQ. But it seems that it not possible to take the same route back but have to go via Jalan Kempas bahru etc.. back to CIQ. It is definitely longer route back and possibly congested inner roads. Is this correct? Appreciate any guidance and thanks

AS you exit JB CIQ and up the slope, keep left lane and follow the sign to KL. This is the EDL highway which leads you to "Utara-Selatan highway" which is commonly known as North-South highway.
It's highway all the way from CIQ until you exit to Setia Tropika.

You can go back to CIQ using the exact same route. Just go back to North-South highway in the same direction that you came in, then very shortly, exit to Jalan Kempas and turn 2 rights to go back into the highway in the opposite direction. No tolls.
I'm not sure about traffic jam along EDL but on a normal day, this should be the most direct route back.

Josephine

Alfrescian
Loyal
location is not really that great.... season festival period, u can definitely see jam along EDL to ST, starts from permas that path of EDL all the way up.....this happened for the past few days....also depavali that time..

Hi Cascadia, any suggestion which location is good in JB... :smile:

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, exactly, that's why 10 mins drive is definitely just a ideal situation. It definitely takes longer time to CIQ due to the jam on the road. the traffic lights at peak hour to allow u to u turn back to north south highway down to CIQ already took u sometime....

For those coming out of Setia tropika and need to get to the other side of the North South Highway to go towards JB/EDL/CIQ, Do not take the U-turn at Kempas Traffic Light. Instead go a little further down towards the Toll, bearing to the left-most side of the road (you can use even the road shoulder), and just less than 50+ metres from the toll counter, turn left into the PLUS office. Follow this road it will lead you to an underground U -Turn back to the other side of the highway towards EDL/JB CIQ. It saves you precious time as this little known U-turn is merely less than a minute from the kempas traffic light junction, which at its peak may take more than 5 minutes to clear.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those coming out of Setia tropika and need to get to the other side of the North South Highway to go towards JB/EDL/CIQ, Do not take the U-turn at Kempas Traffic Light. Instead go a little further down towards the Toll, bearing to the left-most side of the road (you can use even the road shoulder), and just less than 50+ metres from the toll counter, turn left into the PLUS office. Follow this road it will lead you to an underground U -Turn back to the other side of the highway towards EDL/JB CIQ. It saves you precious time as this little known U-turn is merely less than a minute from the kempas traffic light junction, which at its peak may take more than 5 minutes to clear.

Thanks for that tip!

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quick question - has anyone here received their TOP earlier than expected? I went to see my house last week and boy, it looks like it will be ready before Dec this year at the rate they are building the area! So because we are kancheong spiders, we will be visiting a couple of international schools during the March holidays for my youngest child. We're also on the lookout for ballet school for her to continue her interest when we move there. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

nocatco

Hi Brothers & Sisters,
I am planning to renovate the house I just bought in Setia Tropika . Any good souls can recommend some good place to shop for good quality funitures?

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya near to both 1st and 2nd link. Can never go wrong with it..
travel time from ST to CIQ1 the same amount of time can be easily obtainable from nusajaya as well.

No matter investment or ownself stay also a good choice...

Personal opinion...

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got such a road? Something new, good for ST residents..

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
min 40km from ST to second link via perling toll at rm2.30 one way...

I stay in the north region, precisely in woodland, near to causeway point mall. It takes me a longer journey and also not economical ( eg. fuel and toll) to go by 2nd link to JB city or ST.

Just need to avoid peak hours to avoid jam, schedule your time going in and returning back. During peak hours, everywhere in Jb and Singapore also congest.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stay in the north region, precisely in woodland, near to causeway point mall. It takes me a longer journey and also not economical ( eg. fuel and toll) to go by 2nd link to JB city or ST.

Just need to avoid peak hours to avoid jam, schedule your time going in and returning back. During peak hours, everywhere in Jb and Singapore also congest.

In your experience what are the peak hours? I have to send kids to school before 7.15am and then drive everyone home between 5pm to 5.30pm from Woodlands...

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
In your experience what are the peak hours? I have to send kids to school before 7.15am and then drive everyone home between 5pm to 5.30pm from Woodlands...

i usually dont hit the causeway until after 9.30 am but i reckon that the traffic before 7.15am is not so bad. In fact traffic into singapore builds up again after 10 am. as for returning between 5-5.30pm, on a few occasions that i encountered slightly heavy traffic but overall, definitely better than after 6 pm peak hour traffic.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everybody, what is yr comment on the coming MRT at Setia Tropika? I observe 1st link jams can be very bad and rental might not cover the 4-5% interest. Local will not rent for RM3K n above. Some SG will let go due to traffic jam. Pls share so we will not burn our pocket....

As per what I analyzed before, txbrau/kxmpas are definitely not the ideal place for investment, jam and no rental market..

[路况报告] Pandan路段从Tebrau通往JJ方向出现严重淹水情况。如果不想你的车子动弹不得,请避开相关路段。

注1:EDL目前严重塞车
注2:八星前往国光天桥之路也塞车
注3:Perling桥底通往Tampoi大路严重淹水

Flood after Pandan at Taman Daya exit. River overflowed. No car can pass through the road. Heavy traffic towards Ulu Tiram.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
As per what I analyzed before, txbrau/kxmpas are definitely not the ideal place for investment, jam and no rental market..

[路况报告] Pandan路段从Tebrau通往JJ方向出现严重淹水情况。如果不想你的车子动弹不得,请避开相关路段。

注1:EDL目前严重塞车
注2:八星前往国光天桥之路也塞车
注3:Perling桥底通往Tampoi大路严重淹水

Flood after Pandan at Taman Daya exit. River overflowed. No car can pass through the road. Heavy traffic towards Ulu Tiram.

Really? I bought one landed at Desa Tebrau there. Demand from locals is quite high leh.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? I bought one landed at Desa Tebrau there. Demand from locals is quite high leh.

Not directly flooded, but return path from CIQ also heavily affected due to the jam at pandan even via EDL..
to go desa tebrau need to pass thru EDL jam, pandan jam, mount austin path jam...from desa tebrau go CIQ need to pass thru molek jam, EDL jam... Same also...

U are absolutely right on the pt.. Demands are from locals there only, u hardly see Singaporean or JBrian working in SG considering there, because there are a lot other better choice... So ur target buyer next time only limited to locals only which the buying power from most office working workers are lower...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not directly flooded, but return path from CIQ also heavily affected due to the jam at pandan even via EDL..
to go desa tebrau need to pass thru EDL jam, pandan jam, mount austin path jam...from desa tebrau go CIQ need to pass thru molek jam, EDL jam... Same also...

U are absolutely right on the pt.. Demands are from locals there only, u hardly see Singaporean or JBrian working in SG considering there, because there are a lot other better choice... So ur target buyer next time only limited to locals only which the buying power from most office working workers are lower...

It is okay. The price I paid was lower also, psf wise: $610k RM for 2594 sqft (cannot find in Bukit Indah). My own take is price rise at the city center and along the Tebrau coast will spread upwards in 1-2 years' time, judging from the prices the developers paid for their land recently. Anyway I buy to keep, as it is very near to the malls and hospital. Whether I can rent out or sell immediately upon TOP is not critical :smile: I note that the old Tebrau Highway is being upgraded to flyer-over. I hope traffic can improve there.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is okay. The price I paid was lower also, psf wise: $610k RM for 2594 sqft (cannot find in Bukit Indah). My own take is price rise at the city center and along the Tebrau coast will spread upwards in 1-2 years' time, judging from the prices the developers paid for their land recently. Anyway I buy to keep, as it is very near to the malls and hospital. Whether I can rent out or sell immediately upon TOP is not critical :smile: I note that the old Tebrau Highway is being upgraded to flyer-over. I hope traffic can improve there.

House type? - double storey cluster?