• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well if the Pool size could be increased to say 40x80 & Club house facilities decent,
MYR $500 is still acceptable for the landscaping, town park, Dbl G Security etc.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well. Maintenance was roughly estimated at $500 PM. Certainly ex for the Bath Tub. :(

i don't think it'll be that expensive. should be about 300RM+. the amenities etc same as foresta. really nothing much.. landscaping and security is only 100++ RM for those setia indah gated precinct. we got some basic pool & clubhouse with a gym room. your salesperson told you 500RM? when i booked my unit, the estimate i got was 300RM.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tot its either Homogenous or Porcelain tiles? Ceramic only for Bathrooms?
Never mind. Hope Showroom would be ready in 2weeks time for viewing.

supposed to be same as Foresta units, definitely porcelain tiles. but there are many type and quality of porcelain tiles. hoping to get the better glossy 2x2 feet with flat edges (i.e can't feel the bulge between tiles). the flooring will look better with those.

Last edited:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't think it'll be that expensive. should be about 300RM+. the amenities etc same as foresta. really nothing much.. landscaping and security is only 100++ RM for those setia indah gated precinct. we got some basic pool & clubhouse with a gym room. your salesperson told you 500RM? when i booked my unit, the estimate i got was 300RM.

Total expenses will be shared among each precinct. Foresta has 300+ units, how many are there at Aurora? It's silly to have pool at each precinct. Just don't understand why Setia cannot build one bigger club house to be shared by all residents at SEC.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Total expenses will be shared among each precinct. Foresta has 300+ units, how many are there at Aurora? It's silly to have pool at each precinct. Just don't understand why Setia cannot build one bigger club house to be shared by all residents at SEC.

counted manually from the figures on the official website. about 349 units. should not be rm500 bah. i was also quoted about rm300...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
counted manually from the figures on the official website. about 349 units. should not be rm500 bah. i was also quoted about rm300...

yes 349 units over 33 acres , density is 10 units per acre. good living for kids.

one thing setia is doing right by investors - all remaining aurora units price has escalate by 60k.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not exactly.
This is the way the strata titled organization for SEC works.
Each precinct is a separate parcel. each unit owner pays for their strata parcel common facility. This is managed by every precinct who will have a sub JMB.
Furthermore, All the precinct JMB will elect some member to the overall community JMB, which oversee mangement of the community areas. So there is the common property maintenance for each precinct, and a portion of it is for the community property maintenance (for the town park, road, waterfall outside the precincts). remember SEC buyers signed two document of by laws during SPA. one is DMC for the precinct. another is community deed for the community by law.

I agree with you. setia made a mistake with the pool/guarhouse. In setia eco park (their best and flagship eco township) the precintcs only have landscape and G&G. There is a common clubhouse, sports / pets facilities, pool, recreation , park area, outside all the precintcs. Owners pay only 200RM for the maintenance fee for their precinct. They are given 1 year free membership at the pool/clubhouse. after which they can choose to just pay for the use on a monthly basis. the facilities, grounds, houses are superb at setia eco park. (very pricey - all semidee and bunglo only. no terraces).

i think it'd have been better if similar scheme adopted for SEC - ie pay per use.

Last edited:

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not exactly.
Each precinct is a separate parcel. each unit owner pays for their strata parcel common facility. This is managed by every precinct who will have a sub JMB.
Furthermore, All the precinct JMB will elect some member to the overall community JMB, which oversee mangement of the community areas. So there is the common property maintenance for each precinct, and a portion of it is for the community property maintenance (for the town park, road, waterfall outside the precincts). remember SEC buyers signed two document of by laws during SPA. one is DMC for the precinct. another is community deed for the community by law.

I agree with you. setia made a mistake with the pool/guarhouse. In setia eco park (their best and flagship eco township) the precintcs only have landscape and G&G. There is a common clubhouse, sports / pets facilities, pool, recreation , park area, outside all the precintcs. Owners pay only 200RM for the maintenance fee for their precinct. They are given 1 year free membership at the pool/clubhouse. after which they can choose to just pay for the use on a monthly basis. the facilities, grounds, houses are superb at setia eco park. (very pricey - all semidee and bunglo only. no terraces).

i think it'd have been better if similar scheme adopted for SEC - ie pay per use.

yes! pay per use!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not exactly.

This is the approach of Horizon Hill, if I'm not mistaken.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes! pay per use!

too bad.. don't have. imagine if got big pool house and sport facility outside and we pay 100-200RM per month for membership and can cancel anytime if not using. that is the scheme in setia eco park shah alam. wonder why setia didn't do the same for SEC. maybe they thought buyers will prefer their own clubhouse/pool for each precinct as it is strata titled. this is OK, but when you build a small pool, bound to be disappointment.

IsSuperTenere

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO I don't need all these extras facilities like pool or clubhouse. You won't find me there chillin. All I need is a reliable & strict security and well maintained surroundings. Also a kampung spirit neighborhood.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
In comparison, my Austin Height resale cluster semi d maintenance is only rm 100 per month and the pool is pay per use too....feeling fortunate...

May not be a gd thing for maintenance to be too cheap. RM 150-200 is a more ideal range, reason being too few guards (or cheap quality types) for the compound they are supposed to patrol.