• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad! Are they giving you interest rate like BFR - 2.4?

Yes, BFR -2.4%. I will be meeting the cimb lady in Spore to sign the OL tmr.
Has just opened a JB current acct thru Spore branch. Was told that it will take approximately 7workings days to set up. No cash deposit required until i receive the approval letter then i will need to do a i-banking transfer of M$1k to the current acct. They will also be able to send the 1st cheque book to me, subsequently must get it from JB.

Last edited:

jastch

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know how can I setup this current account. After reading this forum, I went to CIMB in Orchard to open an SG saving/current acc. When I ask the banker if I could also open the current account for JB, she told me that she can help me applied but will still need to go JB to sign all the required document.

Pls advise on this. Thank!

traxxas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, BFR -2.4%. I will be meeting the cimb lady in Spore to sign the OL tmr.
Has just opened a JB current acct thru Spore branch. Was told that it will take approximately 7workings days to set up. No cash deposit required until i receive the approval letter then i will need to do a i-banking transfer of M$1k to the current acct. They will also be able to send the 1st cheque book to me, subsequently must get it from JB.

What has the bank arrangement when you need to service your loan? Are they going to deduct directly from your current account? In most case , banks will require clients to open a saving account and they'll deduct the amount every months after the house keys was handover to buyer.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has the bank arrangement when you need to service your loan? Are they going to deduct directly from your current account? In most case , banks will require clients to open a saving account and they'll deduct the amount every months after the house keys was handover to buyer.

there are plans using current account where any balance in the account will offset the loan amount, thus saving interest on the account balance amount.
example: loan principal 500K.
Say I put 400K into my current account. This will offset the 500K loan amount when interest is calculated.
So my interest payable on the loan is only BLR-2.4% X 100K. (on a daily rest basis)
monthly repayment remain the same. Hence, loan will pay off quicker.
I was verbally informed of the above by public and cimb. The others not sure- but should be the same.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, according to the banker, once we got the key, we can go to any branches in JB to arrange a standing instruction for the bank to deduct from the current account every month.

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are plans using current account where any balance in the account will offset the loan amount, thus saving interest on the account balance amount.
example: loan principal 500K.
Say I put 400K into my current account. This will offset the 500K loan amount when interest is calculated.
So my interest payable on the loan is only BLR-2.4% X 100K. (on a daily rest basis)
monthly repayment remain the same. Hence, loan will pay off quicker.
I was verbally informed of the above by public and cimb. The others not sure- but should be the same.

Hi, yes there is such an arrangement but if not wrong, only apply to Flexi Term Loan. For CIMB, you will need to pay a M$200 set up fee + charges every month (app M$10/mth). If you are taking the Term Loan, you can also do a ad-hoc top-up to lower your outstanding loan anytime, and your interest will be recalculated base on the balance loan amt. Otherwise, you may also open a FD account which is paying 3.++%.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, yes there is such an arrangement but if not wrong, only apply to Flexi Term Loan. For CIMB, you will need to pay a M$200 set up fee + charges every month (app M$10/mth). If you are taking the Term Loan, you can also do a ad-hoc top-up to lower your outstanding loan anytime, and your interest will be recalculated base on the balance loan amt. Otherwise, you may also open a FD account which is paying 3.++%.

yes, i didn't choose the flexi term current account type plan. as you said, there is a setup fee. however, there are advantages for those who like to have liquid cash on demand. for term loan with saving account , it is more straightforward as you mentioned. but in the event one wishes to withdraw from the capital top up, there are admin fees for each withdrawal. so the term loan with saving is more suitable for those who are going to do capital repayment and don't wish to touch the paid up capital. as for FD, so far in the past 3-4 years, the MYR has been sliding about 4% p.a to the SGD. Therefore, i don't plan to move any large amount of funds to MY as yet. In fact, the past month has seen the MYR weaken to all time low against SGD. (2.54 or something).

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know how can I setup this current account. After reading this forum, I went to CIMB in Orchard to open an SG saving/current acc. When I ask the banker if I could also open the current account for JB, she told me that she can help me applied but will still need to go JB to sign all the required document.

Hi, I went to the Raffles Branch and was told that unless I am applying the ATM card, then I have to go to the branch in JB that I preferred at point of application to collect the card. So I told them that I do not require the ATM Card but only the cheque book which he then told me, can be arrange to be posted to me. He also have me signed on all the documents required to open the JB acct on the spot. Nothing being mentioned about going to JB to signed other documents. He just ask me to wait for the JB CIMB confirmation letter and then to transfer m$1000 to the account. My friend went to the Orchard branch today and was confused by the banker too. Seems that different banker are saying different things. I will give the banker at Raffles br a call tomorrow and check with him. Will update u again.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, called CIMB call centre this morning and confirmed by the staff that I am not required to go to Jb to sign any docs unless i did not submit all the relevant doc at point of opening acct. They will be able to send the first cheque book to me at a cost of M$10. If you require a ATM card, then you will need to collect it from JB br. You will be issued a ATM card for Spore acct on the spot. You may want to look for Rayner Teng at Raffles br for assistance. Just bring your ic, passport and cheque book and he will be able to do the rest.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can sent the link to the master plan? The price stated is all 1M and above, it is norm for terrance price?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited: