• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsung galaxy note anyone?

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Mustaffa & happen to overhear some girl complaining to her friends about Samsung being laggy, phone shutting down, overheating, etc when she plays games. She was there to replace her Samsung phone with an iPhone:smile:

Stupid girl...... why did she buy from Mustaffa? That store get their stocks from PRC and include fakes in their orders...... tats why their store has a "no warranty - for export only" when you buy certain products from them.

If you are buying an item that you are not familiar with...... better dun buy from Mustaffa even thought the price may be cheaper..... you can go to them if you are very familiar with the item and able to differentiate between the fake and the real McCoy......... otherwise not worth it as the risk of being sold a fake is high probability.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid girl...... why did she buy from Mustaffa? That store get their stocks from PRC and include fakes in their orders...... tats why their store has a "no warranty - for export only" when you buy certain products from them.

If you are buying an item that you are not familiar with...... better dun buy from Mustaffa even thought the price may be cheaper..... you can go to them if you are very familiar with the item and able to differentiate between the fake and the real McCoy......... otherwise not worth it as the risk of being sold a fake is high probability.

For phones they sometimes have 2 versions of the same product. A cheaper version without any warranty(i.e. parallel import) or a version with a local warranty. They do warn the customer of this. Many of Mustaffa customers are tourists who don't want to pay for the local warranty since they are going back home it's not an issue.

For their iPhones they probably get it from "other" sources but since there is a global warranty, so one can get service from any global service provider.

A friend has asked where one can get a Samung Galaxy W cheaper than Singtel, M1 or Mustaffa. Any recommendations:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently got an IPAD 2 free, 1 year ago paid almost nothing for a Galaxy tab. Now paid almost nothing for a Iphone 4s. All sitting there collecting dust.
I am in technology but so sick of technology, there is only so much upgrading you can do for gingerbread and the iphone os. It gets boring after a while.

There is a healthy demand for second hand market for Apple products. You should lelong those products & get some $ & do your bid for recycling.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I buy from AIS I can just go exchange but I bought directly from Apple Online and they courier it to me from Shenzhen knn I now wonder who to look for liao.

brother, do a restore to the phone from itunes.

restore to factory setting should clear the problem.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Battery life seems to be 7 hours with light surfing and brightness set around 10%. Personally, 10% brightness on the 7.7 is good enough for me. Unlike iPad, which i need to adjust till at least 40%.

Buy a battery extender ....with 3200nmh power. Should last you a whole day !!!! Normal battery can only last you half a day !

I bought my battery extender at Battery bay at US$21, including shipping !!

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy a battery extender ....with 3200nmh power. Should last you a whole day !!!! Normal battery can only last you half a day !

I bought my battery extender at Battery bay at US$21, including shipping !!

I got a 4000 one from energizer

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not sure, my brother's gf brought a Samsung Galaxy from one of the Singtel shop and from day 1 have been complaining about faults such as auto shut-off and laggy. Another friend influenced by Samsung's overpowering advertisement brought a Samsung mobile and was not very satisfy with it. Both have change their back to Iphone.

I think maybe is in their minds that Apple is better. However, i think HTC is a better choice than Samsung but very little people know the brand as it do not advertised itself as aggressively as Samsung.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all androids phone must be rooted ...

else kanasai will slowly lag and lag later ...

anyone agree ???

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
brother, do a restore to the phone from itunes.

restore to factory setting should clear the problem.

Actually when I took it from her and because I wanted to make it same as my current iPhone settings and info I firstly did the RESET choosing "Erase All Content and Settings". Then I use backup to restore the "new" 4s. Its been 4 days so far so good. But then I barely use it cos it has my sinkie SIM card. So I wait and see la.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually when I took it from her and because I wanted to make it same as my current iPhone settings and info I firstly did the RESET choosing "Erase All Content and Settings". Then I use backup to restore the "new" 4s. Its been 4 days so far so good. But then I barely use it cos it has my sinkie SIM card. So I wait and see la.

steady lah!! that'll work too. :wink:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, i think HTC is a better choice than Samsung but very little people know the brand as it do not advertised itself as aggressively as Samsung.

No way. HTC used to be good but they lost the plot 2 years ago. All their phones lacked polish. Their Flyer tablet was a big flop. I like their flip clock widget very much tho. It's a classic.

In terms of product polish, hardware- and UI-wise, my vote goes to Sony Eriksson.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree HTC is gone case, HTC reminds me of O2 fate, great phone at 1st, but fizzles out after that

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When iPhone become slow, iPhone can defrag or not. Also what happens when do reset? Everything really back to new?

when iphone become slow, clear all apps running on background.

if that fails, do a hard reset.

when you do a reset on the phone, it will clear all the memory and return it to factory setting.

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure, my brother's gf brought a Samsung Galaxy from one of the Singtel shop and from day 1 have been complaining about faults such as auto shut-off and laggy. Another friend influenced by Samsung's overpowering advertisement brought a Samsung mobile and was not very satisfy with it. Both have change their back to Iphone.

I think maybe is in their minds that Apple is better. However, i think HTC is a better choice than Samsung but very little people know the brand as it do not advertised itself as aggressively as Samsung.

Neber buy HTC their quality control is poor. You all need to know how to use android phones lah.

Every time you install something it will eat up your internal memory, so must move all your programs to SD card. Get a process killer or memory manager that comes with Note, use it frequently to get rid of memory leaks written by some half arsed programmers.

Other than that it's pretty nice OS to play with. Samsung makes better phones than HTC. That is why they are top sellers.