• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - S’pore Man Dulan Over S$500 Quote For Repairs After Samsung Galaxy Note20 Shows Green Lines After Updating Software

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Samsung-Staff-Allegedly-Refuses-To-Replace-Phone-Screen-With-Green-Lines.jpg

https://mustsharenews.com/samsung-screen-green-lines/

feature-image-1-69-324x160.jpg

Woman Stuck With Green Line On Samsung Phone After Updating Software, Quoted S$398 Repair Fee

https://mustsharenews.com/green-line-samsung-phone/

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a fraud.
Change to oppo. They have 2 years warranty. My mother board fried after 1 year 11 month.

But it's still under warranty. So I changed to a new mother board. It feels new now.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That’s what you get for buying ah tiong components. India made iPhones don’t have such problems.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are sinkies even reading? This monkey voided the warranty already when he go to other repair shop. He can fuck off

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Software updates wouldn't cause green line.
The fact that Samsung willing to repair at a $500 means is a hardware fault.
I think is during some Software updates the phone usually turns very hot and spoilt the lcd.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a fraud.
Change to oppo. They have 2 years warranty. My mother board fried after 1 year 11 month.

But it's still under warranty. So I changed to a new mother board. It feels new now.

bro, how you manage to fry a phone motherboard ?................play games for long time ? :thumbsdown:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think is during some Software updates the phone usually turns very hot and spoilt the lcd.

Never buy any Samsung phone which contains the Exynos chip. And that is true for the cheaper A-series Samsung phone. For example, A34 vs A54. The A54 has Exynos, so avoid. Even the newer generation of Mediatek (Dimensity) chips are much better, I believe some flagship Tiong brand phones have them.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
my Samsung still under warranty. but they say water corrosion not covered and it's supposed to be (IP67) dust/water resistant.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my Samsung still under warranty. but they say water corrosion not covered and it's supposed to be (IP67) dust/water resistant.

I believe Samsung has enhanced warranty if you are willing to pay for it. Not too different from Apple and AppleCare. :biggrin:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Samsung has enhanced warranty if you are willing to pay for it. Not too different from Apple and AppleCare. :biggrin:
don't be stupid, they will find ways to make you pay for any repair. there was nothing wrong with the phone, the problem resolved itself.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays The Telco like m1 still want to sell you Sam phone on 3 years installment plan, though the contact was 2 years . You pay installment for the phone and your subscription plan every month. Problem is that Sam only offer only 1 year warranty on their phones.

With Samsung phone like this, would you want to risks buying dirty Samsung phone??

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tia gong new flip will have guarantee 150 only screen change if it fails. Very smart of Samsung to already know their new toy will be fucked up.