• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone could advise what could i do when my master bed room gotten most of the sun light and it is scorching hot to be in..

Opening the window invite the mosquitoes..

If open, the room is better than a sauna room..

:confused:

I think install high quality solar films will help , good one like those we use for cars

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone could advise what could i do when my master bed room gotten most of the sun light and it is scorching hot to be in..

Opening the window invite the mosquitoes..

If open, the room is better than a sauna room..

:confused:

Installing curtains, blinds, tinting windows do not really provide any relief from the hot sun.
When the sun's rays hit the windows and also the walls, thermal radiation via the glass panels and walls enters the room turning it into a sauna and at the same time shortening the life span of your window dressing.
The most effective method is to install awnings or sun-breakers to block off the sun's rays and hence cuts out the direct thermal radiation.
You might consider installing some sun-breakers like those shown here which are quite effective.
Another method is to plant trees to provide shade at the window areas

sunbreakers2.jpg
sunbreakers4.jpg

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Installing curtains, blinds, tinting windows do not really provide any relief from the hot sun.
When the sun's rays hit the windows and also the walls, thermal radiation via the glass panels and walls enters the room turning it into a sauna and at the same time shortening the life span of your window dressing.
The most effective method is to install awnings or sun-breakers to block off the sun's rays and hence cuts out the direct thermal radiation.
You might consider installing some sun-breakers like those shown here which are quite effective.

View attachment 12974
View attachment 12975

just bear with it, you want to stay landed... there it is! hot and lots of mozzies.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 12974
View attachment 12975

Alternatively you can install a tint over the existing glass. Was at Persada earlier and came across this http://www.armorshield.sg/what-is-armorshield and will install this in my house. Depending on the tint strength you can block up 80% of sun heat.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
buy hse must buy no west sun one..it will bbq u like pengkang fish, especially in mly. :p

For cluster and semi-D, the important facing should be windows side facing north or south, as houses are usually longer at the side than the front.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cluster and semi-D, the important facing should be windows side facing north or south, as houses are usually longer at the side than the front.

ya..i shd put "hse don't expose too much to the afternoon sun".. :biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
buy hse must buy no west sun one..it will bbq u like pengkang fish, especially in mly. :p

Buy Singapore style bomb shelter kind of house best, completely no sun! But Malaysia no boleh fot this.

So front of house face West will get gorenged badly but other orientation will be not too bad?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am looking for a carpenter to do wardrobes and some other storage space. Would appreciate if anyone can give me a contact.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. You can saved at least 20%. But your problems and headaches will be aggravated by 20% too, if not more. Sometimes, not worth it, especially your contractors start blaming each other and you go banging at each of them. This is bound to happen, there is no perfect fit for all the contractors.

I tried DIY n ID for two houses. DIY save abt 10-20% but end result is not v good n quite tiring. ID result is way better. ID do offer value add in terms of advice n some coordination.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
All come fitted but you still end up paying for the fittings and fixtures. I prefer my own custom selection, rather than all fitted.

But LF very expensive so "one cent money one cent good". I just hope mine is not crappy stuff and Singapore developer got retain some quality control even in JB.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Buy Singapore style bomb shelter kind of house best, completely no sun! But Malaysia no boleh fot this.

So front of house face West will get gorenged badly but other orientation will be not too bad? "

maybe can consider to close the windows and aircon the whole place ? just use minimum aircon and turn on the ceiling fan to save power ? electricity quite affordable in MY...

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alternatively you can install a tint over the existing glass. Was at Persada earlier and came across this http://www.armorshield.sg/what-is-armorshield and will install this in my house. Depending on the tint strength you can block up 80% of sun heat.

i don't know what i wrote early this morning, must be the beer talking. yeah, in response to snowbird.. actually the solar tint does block out sun radiation. and curtains do block out sun rays, hence no radiation transmission. in fact, air is a poor conductor of heat, heat is mainly transmitted into the house via radiation. another example is your car under the hot sun. keep stuff in the boot (where there is no window / no radiation) is better than leaving it in the front seat of the car.

the other thing is also heat dissipation. larger houses (for eg.. semidee) with good layout and high ceiling helps ventilate and keep temperatures down. and as potter say, also avoid west facing.

but whatever it is.. for those who've never stay landed.. just to let you know that no matter what, it's freaking hot compare to highrise. and the mozzies.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Singapore style bomb shelter kind of house best, completely no sun! But Malaysia no boleh fot this.

So front of house face West will get gorenged badly but other orientation will be not too bad?

front of house face north or east. that's normally where the master room and hall (with the big sliding doors) are. (this is for DST).