• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsters charsiew experts lip lai, must give how much monthly allowance to parents, then wont tio kan, & kena called a stingy charsiew son?

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
GUY GIVES PARENTS 20% OF SALARY BUT MUM NOT HAPPY, ACCUSE HIM OF BEING UNFILIAL

IMG-20230628-122824.jpg

A netizen shared how he gives his parents 20% of his monthly salary but then his mother accuses him of kicking her aside after he told her about his financial planning.

Advertisements

Here is the story:​

“[How much monthly allowance do you give your parents?]

I give my parents 20% of my salary (>$700) ever since I started working two years ago, and 20% of any bonuses when I get them too.

I learnt that I give the highest percentage amongst my friends, but I’m okay with that as I can afford to and somehow this 20% proportion has been ingrained in my mind since young.

Recently, my partner and I secured a BTO. Somehow, this got me to start thinking about finances seriously. I feel that I should save more for future uses such as the wedding, honeymoon, house, renovation and any emergency spending.

Advertisements
I’m not engaged yet, but just generally thinking about the future and making a mental note that I have to start being more financially savvy now that we have a home (yay!).

I innocently shared this with my mum but she got angry instead and started ranting that kids nowadays only care about planning for their own future and kicking their parents aside.

I clarified that I have no intention to change or withdraw the 20% of my salary that I have been providing.

I only wanted to save a higher proportion of the remaining amount after setting aside the monthly allowance.

However, she insisted that I have become stingy ever since getting together with my partner and that I only cared about my own future.

Advertisements
Honestly, I feel quite angry at her accusations as I have not once given anything lesser than 20% of whatever I have. She also commented that I could rely on my partner and need not plan to save so much, which I do not agree with.

We should aim towards being able to support ourselves regardless of whether we have someone to rely on, isn’t it?

I really don’t know what’s wrong with children planning for their future as the point of planning ahead is to avoid having to take parents’ money for our own expenses next time.

Furthermore, I am still giving the 20% without any intention to stop, and I don’t know why she’s so defensive every time I talk about my own financial planning. Sigh.

Just wanted to get this off my chest. Thank you for hearing me out.”

Editor’s note: Your mother is afraid of losing her golden rooster to another woman.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends right? Knn

The parents have how many kids? Each one contribute close to $1k, every month can get $2-3k from all the kids combined leh.