• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I purchased a house where my master room will get baked by the sun every day..

my wife is gonna have her confinement there for at least a month..

She would want me to get the sun fix so the place will be cooler.

Our neighbor had installed a balcony and installed those blinds to block the sun from entering the room..

i think that will be rather costly?...

The most effective way is to block out the sun from hitting the windows.
Those sun-shield films will offer little relief if your windows are getting the sun the whole afternoon and don't forget you need to close the windows the whole day to let the shield work.
If you are considering to install those roll-up bamboo blinds as suggested, fix them OUTSIDE of the windows to block off the sun's rays and preferable provide a space between the blinds and windows.
Alternatively, consider installing sun breakers or awnings over the windows I suggested earlier for effective sun blocking and you can open all your windows for natural ventilation during your wife's confinement.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those sun-shield films will offer little relief if your windows are getting the sun the whole afternoon and don't forget you need to close the windows the whole day to let the shield work.
If you are considering to install those roll-up bamboo blinds as suggested, fix them OUTSIDE of the windows to block off the sun's rays and preferable provide a space between the blinds and windows.
Alternatively, consider installing sun breakers or awnings over the windows I suggested earlier for effective sun blocking and you can open all your windows for natural ventilation during your wife's confinement.

Anyone tried this before? Might work, though.:wink:

Paraflex-Wall-Mounted-Patio-Umbrella-With-red-umbrella-color-and-brick-walls-and-wooden-table-chair.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Friday I also hoot alarm system, auto-gate, CCTV package from Knight Services. Total damage RM5200

http://www.knightsecurity.com.my/

Also hoot a Nesh water filter system outdoor and indoor for RM4800. Yep, got a Penguin in the house.

http://nesh.com.my/

Things are beginning to come together! :biggrin:

But wallet coming apart also...:(

And more damage coming.....:( :(

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you have any contacts to recommend?..

i am staying around nusa bestari area..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Friday I also hoot alarm system, auto-gate, CCTV package from Knight Services. Total damage RM5200

Also hoot a Nesh water filter system outdoor and indoor for RM4800. Yep, got a Penguin in the house.

Nice, i had yet to do these to the house..

Because, I still had 2 more years of HDB MOP to complete before I can do all these..

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice, i had yet to do these to the house..

Because, I still had 2 more years of HDB MOP to complete before I can do all these..

TBS a few stalls away selling (or lelonging?) Bluguard for less than RM1200 but the salesman at Knight Services was really funny and convincing in the way he talk. He probably wondering why we keep laughing while he talked. In the end paid RM700 more for his alarm system.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think your water filter system is too expensive. Outdoor + indoor typically cost about $2k RM. If yours is membrane type at this cost, the maintenance cost will be very high.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think your water filter system is too expensive. Outdoor + indoor typically cost about $2k RM. If yours is membrane type at this cost, the maintenance cost will be very high.

Actually I was looking at only spending less than RM3000 for stainless steel cylinder with Thong Yang water dispenser. However my wife was very keen on the ozone thingy. They provide a free filter that would come in useful 3-4 years later, just need to go and claim from them when time due for change. Anyway, money already flowed out, hopefully will translate to everyone living happier and longer.:smile:

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, not too sure if this is the room to ask for recommendation for a few good nursery to check out for plants and trees in Johor. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, not too sure if this is the room to ask for recommendation for a few good nursery to check out for plants and trees in Johor. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There is one at the T-junction between Coastal Highway and Nusa Bestari, just before entering Perling under the bridge. Not sure good or not.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
my house is an end lot, the side of the house, there are plants.. tall ones growing, because of this.

Mosquitoes tend to breed. I had yet returned home to stay after HDB had enforced that I must stay in HDB during my 5 years MOP.

however, I need some feedback on what could I do to solve this problem so returning home now and then wont be a problem.

Hope peeps here can recommend me.

Thank you.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
my house is an end lot, the side of the house, there are plants.. tall ones growing, because of this.

Mosquitoes tend to breed. I had yet returned home to stay after HDB had enforced that I must stay in HDB during my 5 years MOP.

however, I need some feedback on what could I do to solve this problem so returning home now and then wont be a problem.

Hope peeps here can recommend me.

Thank you.

You must install a Time Punch Machine like those use in the factory where worker clock in and out . Once a while go there and clock some hours of stay ... haha . I think the law never state no of hours you need to clock lor .

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one at the T-junction between Coastal Highway and Nusa Bestari, just before entering Perling under the bridge. Not sure good or not.

I have been there on 3 occasion to buy small stones to put in my lawn. Price reasonable. But the white stones i bought changed colour after some time. Realized that the white color is actually some form of paint that makes it unnaturally white.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, any bro/sis can share some recommendations/ suggestions/ ideas?

One contractor quoted RM2 - RM3 psf for carpet grass. Is carpet grass maintenance relatively hassle free?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have any contacts to recommend?..

i am staying around nusa bestari area..

It all depends on your budget and the design you are looking forward to.
Awnings and sun breakers comes in so many design and made with an assortment of materials so cost is also extremely varied from several hundred ringgits to tens of thousands.
Perhaps some designs here might be suitable and interest you too.

awning7.jpg
awning5-1.jpg
awning2.jpg
awning6.jpg
awning1.jpg

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, any bro/sis can share some recommendations/ suggestions/ ideas?

One contractor quoted RM2 - RM3 psf for carpet grass. Is carpet grass maintenance relatively hassle free?

hmm , i was tempted to do carpet grass until i saw some houses , owners back only weekends , the grass has turned brown etc . doesnt look nice liao .
Was told carpet grass still needs to be watererd daily once a day .

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , i was tempted to do carpet grass until i saw some houses , owners back only weekends , the grass has turned brown etc . doesnt look nice liao .
Was told carpet grass still needs to be watererd daily once a day .

That is super correct. Besides watering, weeding is needed too. Only artificial turf is free maintenance.:p