• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular Brand Wrist Watches Only Watch Enthusiasts Would Want

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Any watch-loving samster here game enough to DIY your own GMT watch?

Almost all modders using the new NH34 movement have created homages of the GMT master. I have not tried this new movement yet, it has four hands to handle and my old eyes already find it a challenge dealing with three hands.:biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost all modders using the new NH34 movement have created homages of the GMT master. I have not tried this new movement yet, it has four hands to handle and my old eyes already find it a challenge dealing with three hands.:biggrin:
Miyota 9075 movement has join the GMT crowd. This model is sexy as hell with full blue lume.

Zelos-Mako-GMT-3-1_1_copy_464x781.jpg

Zelos-Mako-GMT-2_1_copy_504x799.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

The watch collection of a murderous tyrant​

Blancpain Grande Date Aqua Lung 2850B-1130A-64B
Market price (Nov 2023): ~$20,000
blancpain-1697699121580_800x.jpg

Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar 5039J
The market price in Nov 2023 is around $55,000.
putin-and-patek-philippe-1697699831375_800x.jpg

FP Journe Chronometre Bleu 1304CS
Market price (Nov 2023): ~$100,000.
putin-and-fp-journe-1697699139977_800x.jpg

A. Lange & Söhne 221.025
The market price in November 2023 is around $27,000.
putin-and-a-lange-and-sohne-221025-1674635965641_800x.jpg

IWC Pilots Mark XVII Automatic IW326501
Market price (Nov 2023) is between $3,000 - $4,000.
iwc-1697699145265_800x.jpg

Breguet Marine Automatic Big Date 5817ST
This watch sells for about $15,500
breguet-marine-automatic-big-date-5817st-1697699155175_800x.jpg

https://iflwatches.com/blogs/celebrities/inside-vladimir-putin-watch-collection

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Tudor Introduces the Limited Production Black Bay Chrono “Pink”​

A surprising, fun launch that's still solid value.
Written By JX Su

Tudor-Black-Bay-Chrono-Pink-1.jpg

Share Facebook Linkedin Twitter Weibo Mail Instagram

In a surprise launch just before Watches & Wonders 2024, Tudor has just revealed the Black Bay Chrono “Pink”. Departing from the brand’s typical no-nonsense and occasionally military aesthetic, the new chronograph is based on a watch created for Jay Chou, the Taiwanese musician who’s one of the biggest stars in Asia. Though not a limited edition, Tudor states “few of [Black Bay Chrono “Pink”] will ever be made”.

Initial thoughts​

Tudor’s watches are almost uniformly good value, regardless of model, so I am a fan. But most have either a sporting instrument or military equipment, which is to say the variety in design is limited (save for a handful of unpublicised special runs). It’s difficult to describe most Tudor watches as fun, which this certainly is.

The Black Bay Chrono “Pink” is appealing because, well, it’s pink. The colour instantly sets it apart from the average Tudor watch, while also having being a subtle reference to historical models. And of course it is the value proposition that a Tudor always is, particularly with the high-spec Breitling-derived MT5813 movement.

I like the watch, but I am unsure about the “5-link” bracelet (that is clearly Jubilee inspired), particularly on a watch of this size. Still, it’s a compelling enough proposition I would buy one given the opportunity.

Jay Chou

Otherwise serious looking​

This is based on the standard Black Bay Chrono that is ordinarily a low key watch, available either as a “panda” or entirely in black. The “Pink” on the other hand, is a striking shade of relatively dark pink. Done in a matte finish with a faint graining, the dial has black registers, white lume, and a red depth rating.

The rest of the watch is identical to the standard model, save for the bracelet.

So the case is 41 mm wide and 14.4 mm high, which makes it a chunky watch – size is the only weakness of the model. The bezel insert is black anodised aluminium.

The thickness stems from the MT5813 inside. A sophisticated calibre with a 70-hour power reserve, it’s an automatic, integrated chronograph movement constructed with amenities like a vertical clutch and column wheel.

The MT5813 is derived from the Breitling B01, but heavily modified by Tudor. Amongst the Tudor upgrades are a free-sprung balance and a silicon hairspring.

Pink is also the colour of Inter Miami, the football team part owned by Tudor ambassador David Beckham
lf.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2024/03/tudor-black-bay-chrono-pink.html

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tudor Introduces the Limited Production Black Bay Chrono “Pink”​

A surprising, fun launch that's still solid value.
Written By JX Su

Tudor-Black-Bay-Chrono-Pink-1.jpg

Share Facebook Linkedin Twitter Weibo Mail Instagram

In a surprise launch just before Watches & Wonders 2024, Tudor has just revealed the Black Bay Chrono “Pink”. Departing from the brand’s typical no-nonsense and occasionally military aesthetic, the new chronograph is based on a watch created for Jay Chou, the Taiwanese musician who’s one of the biggest stars in Asia. Though not a limited edition, Tudor states “few of [Black Bay Chrono “Pink”] will ever be made”.

Initial thoughts​

Tudor’s watches are almost uniformly good value, regardless of model, so I am a fan. But most have either a sporting instrument or military equipment, which is to say the variety in design is limited (save for a handful of unpublicised special runs). It’s difficult to describe most Tudor watches as fun, which this certainly is.

The Black Bay Chrono “Pink” is appealing because, well, it’s pink. The colour instantly sets it apart from the average Tudor watch, while also having being a subtle reference to historical models. And of course it is the value proposition that a Tudor always is, particularly with the high-spec Breitling-derived MT5813 movement.

I like the watch, but I am unsure about the “5-link” bracelet (that is clearly Jubilee inspired), particularly on a watch of this size. Still, it’s a compelling enough proposition I would buy one given the opportunity.

Jay Chou

Otherwise serious looking​

This is based on the standard Black Bay Chrono that is ordinarily a low key watch, available either as a “panda” or entirely in black. The “Pink” on the other hand, is a striking shade of relatively dark pink. Done in a matte finish with a faint graining, the dial has black registers, white lume, and a red depth rating.

The rest of the watch is identical to the standard model, save for the bracelet.

So the case is 41 mm wide and 14.4 mm high, which makes it a chunky watch – size is the only weakness of the model. The bezel insert is black anodised aluminium.

The thickness stems from the MT5813 inside. A sophisticated calibre with a 70-hour power reserve, it’s an automatic, integrated chronograph movement constructed with amenities like a vertical clutch and column wheel.

The MT5813 is derived from the Breitling B01, but heavily modified by Tudor. Amongst the Tudor upgrades are a free-sprung balance and a silicon hairspring.

Pink is also the colour of Inter Miami, the football team part owned by Tudor ambassador David Beckham
lf.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2024/03/tudor-black-bay-chrono-pink.html
Wear liao , will get disturbed by the Pink Population or not?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

The watch collection of a murderous tyrant​

Blancpain Grande Date Aqua Lung 2850B-1130A-64B
Market price (Nov 2023): ~$20,000
blancpain-1697699121580_800x.jpg

Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar 5039J
The market price in Nov 2023 is around $55,000.
putin-and-patek-philippe-1697699831375_800x.jpg

FP Journe Chronometre Bleu 1304CS
Market price (Nov 2023): ~$100,000.
putin-and-fp-journe-1697699139977_800x.jpg

A. Lange & Söhne 221.025
The market price in November 2023 is around $27,000.
putin-and-a-lange-and-sohne-221025-1674635965641_800x.jpg

IWC Pilots Mark XVII Automatic IW326501
Market price (Nov 2023) is between $3,000 - $4,000.
iwc-1697699145265_800x.jpg

Breguet Marine Automatic Big Date 5817ST
This watch sells for about $15,500
breguet-marine-automatic-big-date-5817st-1697699155175_800x.jpg

https://iflwatches.com/blogs/celebrities/inside-vladimir-putin-watch-collection
Well , not easy to be a country leader