• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OCBC refuses to waive annual fees

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good good... negative publicity. :biggrin:

Frankly, banks shouldn't be so arrogant... many other banks are pulling customers now e.g. ANZ.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've got an OCBC credit card & every year I have to call them to get a fee waiver. Actually I originally had a Robinson card & the card was converted into a OCBC credit card. From what I understand if you send $X dollars each year the fee is automatically waived.

I have a few credit cards & prefer to limit to using just 1 card because it is easier to keep track of my bills. If I use more than one card it would be a pain because I would have to visit so many banks to make my monthly payments.

I dislike OCBC because of the treatment I received when I had a housing loan with them. They are a terrible bank. Fortunately I don't bank with them anymore & if they refuse to waive the fees I would be happy to cancel my card:smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always tell them that I would not be paying the annual fees. First time they refused, I immediately asked to terminate all my cards and the bank backed down. Since then, I never once paid the annual fees. I also do not pay the interest and finance charges for late payment. Sometimes this happens when I am busy and forget to settle the bill on time. Usually, those charges are waived too.

Is lying part of your character?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,
Just spoke to OCBC to waive my annual fees but they refuse. they say you have to spend $5k per card (not per account) than they will waive the af of $192. I spent about $4k this year on my name but they still refuse. Do make a check if you are holding their cards and if this is true, please cancel all your cards with them as in this age and time most banks don't charge af anymore.I cancelled all my 3 cards today on the spot.

They earned super profit last fiscal closing so now walking w nose in the air
Fuck them..... you did right by cancelling all their cards: I will close all my accts incl FDs

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to what I know, you can't speak to the service staff for waiver. The automated system will insist that you submit your waiver request via the system, and that it's supposed to be the only way you can apply for waiver.

Maybe the staff who attended to your call is a Ah Neh who knows fuck about waiver. The Ah Neh could be in India.

OCBC gone case leow w ah nehs in their HQ n branches!!!

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
ocbc sucks big time! ...

me closed all my a/c wif dem loong time ago! ...

14 yrs ago they sold me unit trusts worth 100k and I am still bleeding red.... unit trust supposed to make money in the long run. Apparently OCBC only interested in making commission upfront!!!!!!!!!!!! You die your biz

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
14 yrs ago they sold me unit trusts worth 100k and I am still bleeding red.... unit trust supposed to make money in the long run. Apparently OCBC only interested in making commission upfront!!!!!!!!!!!! You die your biz

Investing in unit trusts are a bad idea. The only unit trust investments I now have are my CPF investment account. All of them made losses. Since I can't take it out I just leave them alone.

Better to invest in equities which pay a dividend. If you are invested in unit trusts you do not get the dividend & when you sell, there will be a delay of a few days. So you don't know if you are selling at a lost or a gain.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investing in unit trusts are a bad idea. The only unit trust investments I now have are my CPF investment account. All of them made losses. Since I can't take it out I just leave them alone.

Better to invest in equities which pay a dividend. If you are invested in unit trusts you do not get the dividend & when you sell, there will be a delay of a few days. So you don't know if you are selling at a lost or a gain.

If unit trusts were so good, then why aren't those people selling you actually investing in them?

Obviously, the sales commission is better. :biggrin:

skyfall

Alfrescian
Loyal
just use CASH.
CASH is KING.
Credit cards will turn your life upside down!!
don't end up a BANKRUPT like me.

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear all,
Just spoke to OCBC to waive my annual fees but they refuse. they say you have to spend $5k per card (not per account) than they will waive the af of $192. I spent about $4k this year on my name but they still refuse. Do make a check if you are holding their cards and if this is true, please cancel all your cards with them as in this age and time most banks don't charge af anymore.I cancelled all my 3 cards today on the spot.

You certainly know what you want in life.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If unit trusts were so good, then why aren't those people selling you actually investing in them?

Obviously, the sales commission is better. :biggrin:

I had to tell retards along the same lines in regard to those who went to get LASER eye operation.

If laser op would solve all your supposed eye short sighted problems, why would the surgeon doing the operation opt to still wear spectecles.! LoL

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

at one time govt pushed CPF approved unit trust & SPH sang praise of it..... banks which shud be confined to banking jumped onto the bandwagon making quick buck commissions out of it.Come to think of it, it was really a scum.
After 10 yrs of bleeding, they pushed my investment into a non-CPF approved unit trust as the origin on closed shop.... again commissions were earned from me plus throwing a rookie into deep waters! Crooks!
When I complained to CEO who delegated the matter to his Goebble I was encourage to complain to an "independent" organisation which obviously on the bank and ABS side and will grind me to dust or just tire me out.

See how I got scammed?

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I've got an OCBC credit card & every year I have to call them to get a fee waiver. Actually I originally had a Robinson card & the card was converted into a OCBC credit card. From what I understand if you send $X dollars each year the fee is automatically waived.

I have a few credit cards & prefer to limit to using just 1 card because it is easier to keep track of my bills. If I use more than one card it would be a pain because I would have to visit so many banks to make my monthly payments.

I dislike OCBC because of the treatment I received when I had a housing loan with them. They are a terrible bank. Fortunately I don't bank with them anymore & if they refuse to waive the fees I would be happy to cancel my card:smile:

Hey Bro you still around?

Long time no hear from you.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did that with me once with my old Robinson’s card which as we know is now defunct. I fucked them proper, canceled my card. Then applied again to use only for Robinson’s purchases. Haha

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
U bought unit trust? Upfront they charge u approximately 5% fee. So if u have $100 capital, u are only investing $95. It’s likely that in your first year u won’t even break even. Lol… and not to forget some unit trusts have performance fees and annual fees. Good luck investing in this shit.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ocbc never had any great benefits or loyalty rewards offered for their credit cards anyway. Good riddance to them. However they have been very competitive lately with home loans.