• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OCBC refuses to waive annual fees

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,
Just spoke to OCBC to waive my annual fees but they refuse. they say you have to spend $5k per card (not per account) than they will waive the af of $192. I spent about $4k this year on my name but they still refuse. Do make a check if you are holding their cards and if this is true, please cancel all your cards with them as in this age and time most banks don't charge af anymore.I cancelled all my 3 cards today on the spot.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,
Just spoke to OCBC to waive my annual fees but they refuse. they say you have to spend $5k per card (not per account) than they will waive the af of $192. I spent about $4k this year on my name but they still refuse. Do make a check if you are holding their cards and if this is true, please cancel all your cards with them as in this age and time most banks don't charge af anymore.I cancelled all my 3 cards today on the spot.

I never spent more than $3000 in a year. I never had to pay a single cent for annual fees. I never had to call OCBC. The waiver is automatic.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
After that, they will ban you for life for signing ocbc cards. My credit rating is very positive they still turn down my application. Pui!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Dear all,

I've never paid annual fees before with the various banks' credit cards. So, you tell OCBC to cancel your card. Not interested anymore.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to what I know, you can't speak to the service staff for waiver. The automated system will insist that you submit your waiver request via the system, and that it's supposed to be the only way you can apply for waiver.

Maybe the staff who attended to your call is a Ah Neh who knows fuck about waiver. The Ah Neh could be in India.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nol bleed like period sci utilities n recycle shit can make loss in sg.. really too many fucktards scholars at work...only know how to makan locals

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't worry, they will call you back to ask you to reinstate your credit card.

Dear all,

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In this world nothing is for free. If you want something have to pay for it. So if your card do waive your fee consider its a bonus.

I sometimes use my points to pay for my annual fees.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get maybank card la ...

u wan waiver? ... no nid 2 plead wif any1 ... juz dial ze line, press sum buttons ... gao dim! ...

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC has a discretion not to waive your credit card annual fee. You, being a customer do have a choice to terminate the OCBC card and approach other banks for credit cards facilities. They are queuing up to offer that to you.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cimb is free...no such thing as automatic waiver for ocbc please check

I tell you how much I spent per year.

I didn't keep track, but each year I accumulated in the region of 10,000 OCBC points and I could only exchange for $30 cash credited to my card.

For the past two years, I didn't have to call OCBC to request for waiver. I don't have to check because it happened to me, and I'm not complaining :smile:

You must understand these days staff are not well trained. Most of time you will be speaking to Ah Neh hiding in some call center in Mumbai.

I'm not a big spender (remember 10,000 OCBC points), but one thing for sure, I pay on time, every time.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear all,

I always tell them that I would not be paying the annual fees. First time they refused, I immediately asked to terminate all my cards and the bank backed down. Since then, I never once paid the annual fees. I also do not pay the interest and finance charges for late payment. Sometimes this happens when I am busy and forget to settle the bill on time. Usually, those charges are waived too.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never spent more than $3000 in a year. I never had to pay a single cent for annual fees. I never had to call OCBC. The waiver is automatic.

i never have to spend $30 on the card and they even send me 2 bottles of chee seng pagoda sesame seed oil