• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Location of Lido Boulevard relative to LOT1 and Paragon
se_04aerial.jpg

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Hi zoros, am new here, so each of my posts, will take awhile before it gets visible, my guess is the south east of Paragon is likely to be blocked partially by Lido Beach developments, but paragon being on higher ground, those on the higher floor should be less affected. To the south it should be ok. From what I gather, the Royalty has taken the two penthouses available in the development.

So butadesu, where exactly is Macdonald going to be located? ..on the vacant land to the right or below Paragon?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi zoros, am new here, so each of my posts, will take awhile before it gets visible, my guess is the south east of Paragon is likely to be blocked partially by Lido Beach developments, but paragon being on higher ground, those on the higher floor should be less affected. To the south it should be ok. From what I gather, the Royalty has taken the two penthouses available in the development.

So butadesu, where exactly is Macdonald going to be located? ..on the vacant land to the right or below Paragon?

The royalty? Wow. I know the extremely big penthouses were taken off by developer since the beginning.
The datuk has good relationship with the royalty.
I heard from agent the Mac is located beside the show gallery or on the show gallery. The show gallery is just below paragon.
There is another development south east of paragon. I forgot its name. Does anyone knows?

Agent also told me the floor to floor height of Paragon is 3.5m. Is that common for condo development?
3BR and above units will have 2 parking lots.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi danntbt

I couldn't see your jpg photo on Lido Beach. However, looking at the link provided by butadesu, it would be doing the sea reclammation for now. Looking at the timeframe, it would take at least 5 yrs before any Lido project forms up.

From angle of "view", Paragon has the limited seaview but it might get partially blocked when Lido project builds up after > 5 yrs. For others like my Twin Galaxy, seaview only if buy > 20 storey high at south facing. Other south facing floors < 20 storeys also not bad as the nearest building, Kiswire R&D centre only like 3 storeys high. So basically all the units at south facing (Singapore view) will not be blocked. Main thing about this area is that it has tall commerical buildings like Citibank JB building, Ambank JB building and also the Zurich Insurance building with a new york hotel and of cos several car-washing shop corners. I hope that some of these car-wash corners can be redeveloped into similar banking or commercial towers...i.e. create a very convenient living space for these office working folks to rent or buy my twin galaxy unit. Keep my fingers cross then.

Bro zoros, could u share what development are planed for the JB CBD area?
I think Setia has always been a price setter. They always priced premiumly.
Once they launch, I believe it will set a new market benchmark and Twin Galaxy being next door will benefit most.
Twin Galaxy can ride on Setia's marketing efforts and surroundings development efforts.

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal

LidoProjectLocation.jpg

Hi butadesu & danntbt, hope you can see the uploaded map showing the locality for LIDO PROJECT. From the map, it would be very 99% confirmed that the entire Paragon Residences will be blocked by this LIDO project. It stretched from the abandoned waterfront city to LOT 1 then ends at the Marine department of JB. Yes, it would make sense from investment and "view" angles that any buyer should buy higher at 20 floors at least and above.

I heard Paragon now selling at RM700 on average for the new tower. I bought my twin galaxy at abt RM600. The fact that Setia placed "Sky88" as one of its Johor project = it's confirmed it would be launched b4 end of this year. As butadesu pointed out, any Setia involvement in Johor will benefit any surrounding progres. This is the biggest reason why i invested in Twin Galaxy instead of other similar high-rise projects besides it's also the nearest to CIQ-Customs in a matured JB CBD area. Btw, Twin Galaxy is each 35 floors high.

http://www.spsetia.com.my/corporate/our-products.asp

Below is a brief write-up of what Sky88 will be and its estimated progress.

The Johor Bahru’s tallest premium residential condominium of Setia Sky-88 will soon to be launched. A 55 storey luxury condominium valued at half billion ringgit set to have 600 units and two tower condominium will start at RM700 per sq ft, with unit size from 500 sq ft to 1500 sq ft. There will be the third block, which will be an office or commercial building. The Setia Sky 88 will be an iconic building in Johor Bahru. Comprising 3 iconic towers, with the third tower to be built under at a later phase of construction, the development will boast the highest private Sky Club at level-42-44.

According to SP Setia, the first two towers to be built in the first phase of construction will house 588 serviced apartment units while the third tower will contain 284 units.

ryukaide

just a question from a newbie, hoping for you guys' precious opinion, is the studio unit for Twin Galaxy worth the price?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

just a question from a newbie, hoping for you guys' precious opinion, is the studio unit for Twin Galaxy worth the price?
Hi bro ryukaide,
Personally I prefer 3BR or larger for condo.
A small unit will generally targets singles working class.
Which I guess make good sense for CBD area.
Your rental targets should be singles, working in JB CBD or Singapore.
Whether it is worth is price is everyone's guess because the new codo development in Johor CBD is just beginning.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 5905

Hi butadesu & danntbt, hope you can see the uploaded map showing the locality for LIDO PROJECT. From the map, it would be very 99% confirmed that the entire Paragon Residences will be blocked by this LIDO project. It stretched from the abandoned waterfront city to LOT 1 then ends at the Marine department of JB. Yes, it would make sense from investment and "view" angles that any buyer should buy higher at 20 floors at least and above.

I heard Paragon now selling at RM700 on average for the new tower. I bought my twin galaxy at abt RM600. The fact that Setia placed "Sky88" as one of its Johor project = it's confirmed it would be launched b4 end of this year. As butadesu pointed out, any Setia involvement in Johor will benefit any surrounding progres. This is the biggest reason why i invested in Twin Galaxy instead of other similar high-rise projects besides it's also the nearest to CIQ-Customs in a matured JB CBD area. Btw, Twin Galaxy is each 35 floors high.

http://www.spsetia.com.my/corporate/our-products.asp

Below is a brief write-up of what Sky88 will be and its estimated progress.

The Johor Bahru’s tallest premium residential condominium of Setia Sky-88 will soon to be launched. A 55 storey luxury condominium valued at half billion ringgit set to have 600 units and two tower condominium will start at RM700 per sq ft, with unit size from 500 sq ft to 1500 sq ft. There will be the third block, which will be an office or commercial building. The Setia Sky 88 will be an iconic building in Johor Bahru. Comprising 3 iconic towers, with the third tower to be built under at a later phase of construction, the development will boast the highest private Sky Club at level-42-44.

According to SP Setia, the first two towers to be built in the first phase of construction will house 588 serviced apartment units while the third tower will contain 284 units.

Lucky the unit I bought is 22nd floor :P, anyway..
Bro zoros, I'm concern with JB ability to design a high density city. A condo of 600 units plus twin galaxy of ?? units will put a stress on transportation in the area. Public transport like rail is the only way to solve the problem. I like the idea of Sertia integrating work and residential together, this will reduce the need to travel. I have expect nothing less than their top developer. And Twin Galaxy being next door can ride on everything setia has put in place. If Setia can sell, twin galaxy should be even more value for $$.

someone posted Sky88 already start selling.
setiasky 88 price list is apparently available now.
For a 1+1 unit of 871sqft at 18+ floor, indicative price is RM730k
But is seems there's discount which is valid till this coming sunday. net price after discount is RM630k +. more details available at setia tropika sales office.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=475583&page=207

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has anyone explore the possibility of taking loan in Singapore to finance property in Malaysia???

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Investor looking for investment near Singapore in JB can consider future development near 2nd link.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/30/business/11015502&sec=business

He said the land was located just few metres away from the Sultan Abu Bakar Custom, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex at Tanjung Kupang in Gelang Patah.

Wan Abdullah said the land was divided into two parts with the large parcel located on the left side of the CIQ for motorists coming from Tuas in Singapore and the other parcel was on the right side of the complex.

“We have identified several catalytic projects on the land and these include education, eco-tourism and leisure,'' he said but declined to give details on the other signature developments.

Wan Abdullah added that Nusajaya Gateway's signature development would be different than those at Nusajaya presently but they would be complementing instead of competing with each other.

He said the development would comprise of residential and commercial properties with low and high-density living and that focus would be given on preserving the area as it is located near to mangrove area of Ramsar site.

Meanwhile, a senior official with UEM Land told StarBiz that the company was currently talking with several local and foreign investors who had expressed their interest in the project.

“By having joint-venture with other parties, it will help to fast track the development as they could bank on each other strength in undertaking the project,'' said the official. The official added that Nusajaya Gateway's close proximity to the Second Link Crossing and Tuas checkpoint would be an added advantage in marketing the project for Singaporeans and foreigners living in the republic.

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes as in my composite map posted earlier, the Lido Waterfront in the area ends at the existing Jetty. Dpending on the layout and design of the waterfront project, it could enhance the view actually. The advantage of Paragon is there will be few highrise in the immediate surrounding, except for the ???? concerning the larger plot of land next to Paragon. At the end of the day it is a matter of what the buyer/investor value more, quiter city fringe or the convenience of city living. Each would have their niche. ultimately it will all depends on how Iskandar Region blossoms.

Having said that, FH would be more or less safe in the longer run, I would avoid those on reclaimed land though....so personally i would not be keen on Lido Beach projects.

By the way is the Paragon showroom opening tommorow?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Showroom is opening tomorrow. Tower B already more or less sold out, tower A corner units stack 1 and 11 are available for bookings already.

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ryukaide, for me as an investor, i bought the 2 BDRM of 936 sqft. This is the best in terms of investment, flexibility and perhaps even for own-stay next time when retire. I would say most of the high-rise condos so far r FH.You might be better-off to buy a 2 BDRM unit if possible. Otherwise, get a studio unit but face to Singapore view (South) for your Twin Galaxy.

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any idea what is the quantum for stacks 1 and 11? these are 3+1?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stack1 16 floor is 1,290,594. 1711sf
Stack11 15 floor is 1,470,259. 1674sf
Both are 3+1
If i remember correctly, Every floor price increase about 1.56%

Above price is b4 10% discount

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sorry need quick reply. So posting here..Paragon Residences Vs Sky Suites MB Land

Bros, i have received some critical information about Tropez over the weekend, strong red flags for it. PM me for more information.
Meantime Azea has already reached 1100 psf.

Red flag means NOT recommended to buy isit?
Red means bad rite?

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

...anyone visiting the show room today? do post some pictures if you do....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

saw banners on seri austin residence and setia oasis condo launching , anyone has info ?

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal

saw banners on seri austin residence and setia oasis condo launching , anyone has info ?

The highest price for SA residence is about 470k for highest floor 3+1 unit, so it's out of your range. Design & facilities similar to NI residence.