• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Has anyone explore the possibility of taking loan in Singapore to finance property in Malaysia???

It can't be done. The only way around it is to refinance your property in Singapore to a higher loan value and get the cash out to redeem your mortgage loan in Malaysia.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

It can't be done. The only way around it is to refinance your property in Singapore to a higher loan value and get the cash out to redeem your mortgage loan in Malaysia.

It is possible to do so. You can take a term loan with your property as a mortgage. Of course property must be fully paid up.:biggrin:

Some insurance policies allow loans at a lower interest rate than the MYR one.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sorry need quick reply. So posting here..Paragon Residences Vs Sky Suites MB Land

Pine view is ugly.
V@summerplace also ugly. Bad use of orange color.
I think Sky88 looks better.
All condos near CIQ are expensive. Mature area mah.
U can consider the 2BR. For rental to singles, 2BR may be a better choice.

Why singles need 2 bed rooms?? Do you mean rent out to 2 SINGLES ? Thanks.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paragon, Tower B, Stack 8, South East facing. Type C 3BR, 1367sf
37c4a64c37fa14cb6941af6e7c692af5.jpg

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paragon, Tower A, Stack 11, South East facing, Type D1, 3+1, 1674sf, The corner most unit facing the sea.
047f57f6558516ae587e1a5d515a2ffe.jpg

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think u referring to D'Inspire by KSL. its near to setia's sky executive and sky loft. In fact its behind Keck Seng. comparing the 2 tho, personally i still prefer Idaman Residences.

cheers.

Sorry..copy and paste here. More appropriate.

Today they are having a preview launch at

Spore Marriott Hotel
Lengkuas Room (level 2)
320 Orchard Rd
10.30 am to 7.00pm

Tel: 83833373

as reported in the Sunday Times.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry..copy and paste here. More appropriate.

Today they are having a preview launch at

Spore Marriott Hotel
Lengkuas Room (level 2)
320 Orchard Rd
10.30 am to 7.00pm

Tel: 83833373

as reported in the Sunday Times.

This was launched at the Marriott on Friday by HSR, the same guys who were marketing Encorp Marina. The agent called me yesterday and I went over for some time. Price for higher floors are almost 600 psf, and I did not think it was worth it even with the 2 year 14 per cent rental guarantee.

- One bedroom (actually studios) were less than 500k, so not for foreigners.
- Two bedrooms, around 900 sf, were around 550k, floor plan was decent
- Three and Four bedrooms 1085 sft 6xxK and 1200 sft 7xxK respectively, had very small rooms

Although 2 bedrooms floorplans were not bad, seems like you could get a 3 br at Idaman for around the same price. Also, as a Singaporean or other foreigner, I would be very careful in buying a property that is just above 500k, particularly if you are buying for investment. In case the minimum for foreigners is increased to 800k or 1M, your potential market for resale shrinks, because you cannot sell to foreigners. It would be overly optimistic to think that a 500k condo will appreciate to 800k in the short run, given the supply coming in.

Here is the ad on propertyguru:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-overseas-properties/5795/d-inspire-residence

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. But if price is a concern, what is your view on those 1000 psf condo in puteri harbour?

This was launched at the Marriott on Friday by HSR, the same guys who were marketing Encorp Marina. The agent called me yesterday and I went over for some time. Price for higher floors are almost 600 psf, and I did not think it was worth it even with the 2 year 14 per cent rental guarantee.

- One bedroom (actually studios) were less than 500k, so not for foreigners.
- Two bedrooms, around 900 sf, were around 550k, floor plan was decent
- Three and Four bedrooms 1085 sft 6xxK and 1200 sft 7xxK respectively, had very small rooms

Although 2 bedrooms floorplans were not bad, seems like you could get a 3 br at Idaman for around the same price. Also, as a Singaporean or other foreigner, I would be very careful in buying a property that is just above 500k, particularly if you are buying for investment. In case the minimum for foreigners is increased to 800k or 1M, your potential market for resale shrinks, because you cannot sell to foreigners. It would be overly optimistic to think that a 500k condo will appreciate to 800k in the short run, given the supply coming in.

Here is the ad on propertyguru:
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-overseas-properties/5795/d-inspire-residence

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. But if price is a concern, what is your view on those 1000 psf condo in puteri harbour?

Good question :-). I guess it is all relative. The reason why D'Inspire seemed expensive because, based on what some of the members posted here, seemed like the nearby Idaman Residence was going at around 400 psf. Also, Impiana in East Ledang, also not too far, was selling at around 480 psf.

For Puteri Harbour, depends on the development. For something like Somerset, 1000 psf is still ok for Marina Facing units. It is the closest to the marina, close to future CIQ, finishing seemeed to be good, and of course, Somerset is an established brand name. However, I would not pay 1000 psf for non marina facing units.

Of course, these are my views. Who knows, 1000 psf at Puteri Harbour or 600 psf at D'Inspire may not seem that bad in a year or so. My entry price for a very high floor marina facing unit at Imperia was 750 psf last year. Seemed very high at that time. Does not sound that bad at this moment.

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
My entry price for a very high floor marina facing unit at Imperia was 750 psf last year. Seemed very high at that time. Does not sound that bad at this moment.

Good buy!
Good capital appreciation.
What do you think the rental market will be like over there in the future?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good buy!
Good capital appreciation.
What do you think the rental market will be like over there in the future?

Thanks!

Should not be that bad as long as landlord expectations are reasonable. I think rental market in Puteri Harbour should be driven by following:
- Nearby developments, such as Pinewood, upcoming Media Village
- Students from Educity who may want to live by the marina
- Commuters from Singapore, through the new CIQ or even 2nd link, particularly those looking for larger units (such as those in Imperia) but having no rental allowance to afford them in Singapore
- Factory or business owners in and around the industrial parks around Nusajaya

However, we do need to be mindful of the risks. There is a healthy supply coming in as well. More planned launches in Medini, such as Zhouda. Upcoming launches in Puteri Harbour, such as UEM/Sunrise. Given this is an upcoming area, the future demand supply economics would be very hard to assess.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good question :-). I guess it is all relative. The reason why D'Inspire seemed expensive because, based on what some of the members posted here, seemed like the nearby Idaman Residence was going at around 400 psf. Also, Impiana in East Ledang, also not too far, was selling at around 480 psf.

It could be nearby Jusco the selling point for D Inspire.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are staying in landed properties in JB, do you have problems with mosquito and other insects?

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, for those who bought purely for investment objective (both to sell or to rent out) like myself, we are @ a potential unknown risk of whether BN will raise the min. RM500K limit for foreigners juz before the election. I have read few Malaysians' property forums and most of them voiced out the "too-high" properties in places like Iskandar area, PG, KL and even the Melaka (Hatten City project). We all know that the govt will do what it can to appease the voters in this crucial election. Let's juz hope they won't resort to this strategy.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, for those who bought purely for investment objective (both to sell or to rent out) like myself, we are @ a potential unknown risk of whether BN will raise the min. RM500K limit for foreigners juz before the election. I have read few Malaysians' property forums and most of them voiced out the "too-high" properties in places like Iskandar area, PG, KL and even the Melaka (Hatten City project). We all know that the govt will do what it can to appease the voters in this crucial election. Let's juz hope they won't resort to this strategy.

Will the property price below 1mil be greatly depress if the limit is raised to 1mil?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

BREAKING NEWS: The 76 acre Legoland Malaysia theme park will finally open on 15 September 2012 featuring over 40 rides and attractions, including race cars and roller coasters as well as family-focused interactive shows.

The Lego-inspired theme park is located in Kota Iskandar, Johor, which is linked to Singapore via the Causeway and is known as the "Southern Gateway to Malaysia." Apart from Legoland Malaysia, Johor also offers scenic spots for visitors including pristine islands, ancient rainforests, shopping malls and world-renowned golf courses.

"Our official opening date has been something we've had a lot of enquiries from the public on since the park broke ground in December 2009," said Siegfried Boerst, General Manager of Legoland Malaysia.

"I'm pleased to announce that due to the hard work of all of our contractors we will now be opening Legoland Malaysia ahead of schedule by a number of months," he said.

Boerst added that they expect families and tour operators to start planning their trips to visit the theme park. He also announced the sale of single-day tickets at an introductory price of RM70 for kids/senior citizens and RM96 for adults.

The 30 percent discount is offered for a limited period only so Legoland fans are advised to keep track of the Legoland Malaysia website (Legoland.com) for further announcements.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2012/8/5402/Legoland%20Malaysia%20opening%20on%2015%20September

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the property price below 1mil be greatly depress if the limit is raised to 1mil?
My personal opinion is that they wont increase from 500k to 1m in JB overnight.
Maybe to 750K in JB.

When they increase the minimum from 250k to 500k, what happens to those properties in the range of 250k ?
This may provide some clues what would happen to those priced about 500k now (i.e. if they increase min. to 750k).

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My personal opinion is that they wont increase from 500k to 1m in JB overnight.
Maybe to 750K in JB.

When they increase the minimum from 250k to 500k, what happens to those properties in the range of 250k ?
This may provide some clues what would happen to those priced about 500k now (i.e. if they increase min. to 750k).

Increase to 750K is like 50% increase! Bad enough leow.:(

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure whether any bros hear of this news. Got this news from a JB-based bizman that federal govt is now trying to ask one of the richest Malaysian chinese tycoons to acquire few pieces of land around JB Customs. And I reckon it could include the now defunct Pacific Mall area too.

If above news is true, it could mean that area surrounding JB customs will really be the next CBD area or commercial/residential area to watch out for in JB city ctre.

Feel free to contribute your viewpoints.