• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Super hot :-) congrats to those already vested in zone b !

This is a foc seminar only, not balloting for units. Pls dun get so excited. Areas beyond Iskandar zones need more launches. I feel that locals can afford n r willing to buy if e quality n concept are good, but developers have neglected them.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a foc seminar only, not balloting for units. Pls dun get so excited. Areas beyond Iskandar zones need more launches. I feel that locals can afford n r willing to buy if e quality n concept are good, but developers have neglected them.
Not that excited la, just spreading some joy around.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's monitor the trend. Judging the number of people >50 years old in the photo, it is very likely this golden age group are looking to retire in Johor.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. Do you see people coming in to buy for the next 5-10 years?
3. Will you buy as much as you will be able to afford. (example: if you have SGD$3m; do you dare to buy 10 X 2 bedroom in a location)

Thanks.. Will remember These 2 points

barra10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meridin at Medini seminar conducted by Propnex today. Full house all the way to outside .

Wonder why Propnex is marketing this here. I know this is one of Mah Sing Group development.
Is Propnex the marketing agent here in Singapore ?

Probably trying to pool enough interests here to get bulk purchase with commission.
From the site - http://www.mahsing.com.my/index.php?option=com_property_details&id=38

Indicative price is about RM640 psf for the studio. Below is the info I got from the site..

Product Brief

Meridin Suites Residences
Studio (450 sf – 600 sf) (Indicative price from RM288,000)
1 Bedroom (600 sf – 800 sf)
2 Bedrooms (800 sf – 900 sf)
3 Bedrooms(850 sf – 1,100 sf)

Meridin Walk
Podium Retail shops (1,000 sf - 1,500 sf)

Meridin Linx
SOVO (Small Office Versatile Office)

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am force to buy with a gun to my head.....

I choose the retail shop. (must be on the first floor with good facing)

Wonder why Propnex is marketing this here. I know this is one of Mah Sing Group development.

Probably trying to pool enough interests here to get bulk purchase with commission.
From the site - http://www.mahsing.com.my/index.php?option=com_property_details&id=38

Indicative price is about RM640 psf for the studio. Below is the info I got from the site..

Product Brief

Meridin Walk

Meridin Linx

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Product Brief

Meridin Walk

Meridin Linx

I saw a article in edge singapore , CEO of Propnex says buyers do not know what they are buying in Iskandar, price are expensive e.g in Danga Bay.

Then why is Propnex is still selling Merdini? Pls think carefully.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share a old mentor tip given to me a few days ago.....

My one question to him is "How do you know where and what to buy in a new country?"

The answer I get is a lengthy one.......but I think it can be simplified...

1. You cannot think about staying; just about buying to make money. (reason: when people get sentimental; they are willing to pay more and willing to accept a lesser deal.)
3. Will you buy as much as you will be able to afford. (example: if you have SGD$3m; do you dare to buy 10 X 2 bedroom in a location)

I cherish the 3rd point a lot. A lot of people use a faction of their saving and just buy at a location they can afford. They do not really care the location or the price because they only intend to buy 1. This can be a big mistake.

Now when I pick a location; I imagine myself buying 10 units even though I only intend to buy one. Because when I imagine myself buying 10 units in a location; the choice of location suddenly narrow down to 1 to 2 only.

Just a tip to share........ I find it to be refreshing way to pick a location.
Good points. As long the place can attract business, create jobs, housing demand will be strong as people need to stay there.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have not see big Singapore buyers in Iskandar yet. This group are still in Singapore picking up retail store as high as $7m in Alexandra for example.

When they do enter into Malaysia; you will see people buying up 2-3 floors putting all under 1 name.

They are good savvy buyers....... retail units in Singapore have gone up 50% in 8 months in Singapore.

Sometime people cannot differentiate savvy buyer from lucky buyer.

Good points. As long the place can attract business, create jobs, housing demand will be strong as people need to stay there.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lor so ridiculous indeed..that time newspapers got report only a certain percentage of PR's sons do NS right? Can't remember lah but the percentage is much less than 100%. Don't say rank the same, PR even ranked higher than citizens who are singles or divorcees, all of whom are neglected in housing needs for longest time.

more than 10 years back, my Malaysian friend who is SPR brought resell HDB flat together with his single brother, both are in their 20+. Whereas, our citizen cannot buy if they are below 35 years old . The reason the government said was because our parents already owned properties here so we dont need to buy any roof over our head. But this SPR are poor things, they dont have parents here to provide the roof. But our men serve NS leh, without them, there is no Singapore.

No gratitude at all.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
more than 10 years back, my Malaysian friend who is SPR brought resell HDB flat together with his single brother, both are in their 20+. Whereas, our citizen cannot buy if they are below 35 years old . The reason the government said was because our parents already owned properties here so we dont need to buy any roof over our head. But this SPR are poor things, they dont have parents here to provide the roof. But our men serve NS leh, without them, there is no Singapore.

No gratitude at all.

Politicians are devils; and they will even cite scriptures to support their cause.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

No gratitude at all.

In my years of working, I've come across so many Malaysian SPR siblings owning HDB, infact 100% will buy HDB whether married or single, none of them will rent HDB flat for longer than necessary if they've siblings here, they see it as rugi lah. Last year I come across one in JB who have returned to work in JB, she bought one with sibling in her 20s years ago, now sitting on huge paper gains - hundreds of thousands - Clementi 4 room flat leh!

And singles in SG? Ultra rugi lah, not qualified until 35 if not just rent or cough out blood and sweat money to buy private lor..yeah, not every single got rich parents to pay condo for them hor, and not every single have saccharine sweet family to have a roof over their head until age 35. PAP never heard or pretend not to know of parent dying, parent re-married, siblings married and have children and want to takeover the room, and of course now everyone wants to rent out room for profit lah!

SG singles are the real poor thing, especially men who have to rugi further two years and their lives in the event of any unfortunate incidents. Now even with the new rule allowing singles to buy new flat, only two room flat allowed. Singles - rich or poor - can only stay in two room flat, where is the equality in our pledge, singles cannot have choice?

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually, I dont agree with anti-FT or anti-PR comments, but I totally agree with this one!!!

Balloted for HDB 10 years ago, didn't get it. Forced to buy condo. Now I can only buy a new HDB if I sell my condo and rent a place for 2 years!!! or is it 2.5 years? @#$%^!

My NS has no value. I am actually dam sore about this. When I needed a roof over my head the most... when I heeded the govt's call to get married... they didn't help me, even though they could... :(

dunno why they keep so much reserves for fxxx!

No gratitude at all.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have actually been following this developement quite closely. But I was quoted RM 800 psf by a girl at Mah Sing. I wouldn't say that its "untouchable" or "not touchable" if your pricing is correct. Case in point is Pavilion Residence (or somthing like that) in KL. When it first came out, I thought it was at a crazy price. But look at it today. Its leasehold too.

If you think about it seriously, its not a bad price if you are just looking to retire or use it as a holiday home.

Less than SGD300K for 1,100 sf, for a mixed developement, with good finishes and facilities.

Actually if I am the sg govt, I would consider housing all retirees in Medini. Cheaper than HDB. OMG!!! I think it is already happening. Why do you think they are building all these wellness zones in JB??? For foreigners??? Yes you are right!!! These foreigners are called Singaporeans.

Product Brief

Meridin Walk

Meridin Linx

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well written. Now you are making me even more upset at the lack of value for my NS in the eyes of the govt. Boo hoo hoo... :(

Now I am going to "take care" of more SPR gals' emotional needs and whatever other needs they might need. Or maybe it should be them who must take care of my needs...?

In my years of working, I've come across so many Malaysian SPR siblings owning HDB, infact 100% will buy HDB whether married or single, none of them will rent HDB flat for longer than necessary if they've siblings here, they see it as rugi lah. Last year I come across one in JB who have returned to work in JB, she bought one with sibling in her 20s years ago, now sitting on huge paper gains - hundreds of thousands - Clementi 4 room flat leh!

And singles in SG? Ultra rugi lah, not qualified until 35 if not just rent or cough out blood and sweat money to buy private lor..yeah, not every single got rich parents to pay condo for them hor, and not every single have saccharine sweet family to have a roof over their head until age 35. PAP never heard or pretend not to know of parent dying, parent re-married, siblings married and have children and want to takeover the room, and of course now everyone wants to rent out room for profit lah!

SG singles are the real poor thing, especially men who have to rugi further two years and their lives in the event of any unfortunate incidents. Now even with the new rule allowing singles to buy new flat, only two room flat allowed. Singles - rich or poor - can only stay in two room flat, where is the equality in our pledge, singles cannot have choice?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanna share cos I have seen this happening before. It doesn't have to be a country cos some cities are bigger than SG (when it comes to investing in a new place)

my rules are:

1. There must be population growth. Simple demand and supply rule.
2. There must be economic growth, job creation and personal income growth.
3. Supporting amenities or industries. E.g. universities, high value industry/ies, public transport, shopping, restaurants, etc.
4. Would I stay there? If I don't myself staying in the location, how can I expect others to. There must be some sentimental value. If you do not like your property, what are the chances that other ppl will like it too?
5. Buy what you can afford. Leverage within your means. If you cant sleep at night, it means you have over leveraged.

I would like to touch on Point 4. it doesnt work all the time. case in point: Pudong. I was there before all the crazy construction took place. I could have bought a condo there, but I told myself,"there is nothing here. i dont see myself staying here." and went back to SG.

But a Taiwanese man saw things differently, he bought a huge piece of land in Pudong and sat on it. Today, the most expensive condo in Shanghai sits on it. Unfortunately, he died before he could taste the fruits of his labour.

Actually i would still want to expand on this but my daughter just woke up and I need to bring her swimming. :smile:

Just to share a old mentor tip given to me a few days ago.....

My one question to him is "How do you know where and what to buy in a new country?"

The answer I get is a lengthy one.......but I think it can be simplified...

1. You cannot think about staying; just about buying to make money. (reason: when people get sentimental; they are willing to pay more and willing to accept a lesser deal.)

I cherish the 3rd point a lot. A lot of people use a faction of their saving and just buy at a location they can afford. They do not really care the location or the price because they only intend to buy 1. This can be a big mistake.

Now when I pick a location; I imagine myself buying 10 units even though I only intend to buy one. Because when I imagine myself buying 10 units in a location; the choice of location suddenly narrow down to 1 to 2 only.

Just a tip to share........ I find it to be refreshing way to pick a location.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well written. Now you are making me even more upset at the lack of value for my NS in the eyes of the govt. Boo hoo hoo... :(

Now I am going to "take care" of more SPR gals' emotional needs and whatever other needs they might need. Or maybe it should be them who must take care of my needs...?

I tot e govt has just given out some $ or free membership to SAFRA to NSMen?

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you ginfreely that singles are at a great disadvantage in SG. And the HDB single scheme (and the newly introduced 2-room HDB) is ridiculous. Our housing policy is seriously flawed today.