• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg, same rate for foreigner and local ? What the government is doing ? Even my son said why he needs to do NS when so many foreigners enjoying the fruit of our labour without much sweat .

Oh sleeping on the job as usual, must wait until dire state like that of mrt, coe and hdb then they'll do something..maybe when the non emergency wait reach 24 hour lor. Wow your son is so smart, yeah no point doing NS now, foreigners already invaded the country..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time your son ask you the same question, just tell him because some of our ministers did not serve NS also as foreigners they walk in by the back door. The Khaw is one ideal candidate for the back-door king.
There is a reason why Spore males are much sought about by foreign gals. Spore males are extremely good-hearted people who spent years protecting the country while the King allows foreigners to walk in without sweating. You do this in China or Indonesia and the males will revolt.

And you know whats the best part? The King is still in power!

Hey Khaw Boon Wan is the smart alec who delayed the Jurong hospital! Scored points then for delaying it said to save construction costs or something like that wor...now construction costs got cheaper than last time meh?!

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh sleeping on the job as usual, must wait until dire state like that of mrt, coe and hdb then they'll do something..maybe when the non emergency wait reach 24 hour lor. Wow your son is so smart, yeah no point doing NS now, foreigners already invaded the country..

Thanks for the complement .

There is no choice to go or not to go for NS. Unless you have networking . The problem is not on NS, the problem is the government don't take care of the citizen first . Just five years ago, I needed to ballot along side with PR for a neighbourhood primary school. Ridiculous right? My husband did NS leh and in future my two sons will be doing NS . This is not the way to treat citizen who fight for the country with their life.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no choice to go or not to go for NS. Unless you have networking . The problem is not on NS, the problem is the government don't take care of the citizen first . Just five years ago, I needed to ballot along side with PR for a neighbourhood primary school. Ridiculous right? My husband did NS leh and in future my two sons will be doing NS . This is not the way to treat citizen who fight for the country with their life.

Singapore is gone case. 5-6 years of seriously misguided policies. I will take one generation time to unravel the mistakes if the correct policies are adopted.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

they'll tell u it's nation/country when they need the citizens.
To FTs they'll tell them it's city. (city don't need soliders one).

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sia election is on in 2 wks time. Will PAS take over Johore n apply muslim rule? Our investment safe as long as BN remain on ruling. Anwar is a good speaker as per Obama. Political observers comment a 50-50 game fr TV. Any comments......

The last election when Johore was less developed PAS was trashed by BN. How much inroads can PAS make with johoreans getting richer.?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last election when Johore was less developed PAS was trashed by BN. How much inroads can PAS make with johoreans getting richer.?

If you follow M'sian politics closely and understand the dynamics of it all, you don't have to worry about so-called "Muslim rule" even if PAS swept to power.

Edit: meant to quote Naturebest's post.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah lor so ridiculous indeed..that time newspapers got report only a certain percentage of PR's sons do NS right? Can't remember lah but the percentage is much less than 100%. Don't say rank the same, PR even ranked higher than citizens who are singles or divorcees, all of whom are neglected in housing needs for longest time.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia's Shenzhen in the making

KUALA LUMPUR: Iskandar Malaysia in Johor is shaping up to be the "Shenzhen of Malaysia", driven by investments from Singapore, North America, Europe and Asia, said CIMB Research head Terence Wong.

Shenzhen is a special economic zone in China. Over the past few decades, Shenzhen has developed tremendously in various social and economic fields, transforming from a frontier town into a modern city.

Wong is convinced that just like Shenzhen, the Iskandar development corridor is headed for success.

His optimism was lifted after a recent visit to Nusajaya, Setia Eco Gardens, Port of Tanjung Pelepas and Meridin@Medini with representatives of 29 investment firms from Malaysia and Singapore.
"Not only are developers from both sides of the Causeway flocking to acquire landbank due to the strong demand from Malaysians and Singaporeans for residential properties, the shift in Singapore SMEs (small and medium enterprises) to Iskandar is also picking up pace," Wong said in a research note.

There is an influx of industries into Iskandar. He said this means there would be more construction activities, hence, more jobs and demand for other supporting facilities.

Wong added that property developers with exposure to residential, industrial and commercial properties in Iskandar are expected to benefit from the influx.

Genting Plantations Bhd and Kulim will also benefit from the appreciation in the value of their plantation land and the unlocking of that value when they develop it.

Other winners are WCT Bhd, which has exposure to property development in Nusajaya, and contractors such as Benalec Group.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to share a old mentor tip given to me a few days ago.....

My one question to him is "How do you know where and what to buy in a new country?"

The answer I get is a lengthy one.......but I think it can be simplified...

1. You cannot think about staying; just about buying to make money. (reason: when people get sentimental; they are willing to pay more and willing to accept a lesser deal.)
2. Do you see people coming in to buy for the next 5-10 years?
3. Will you buy as much as you will be able to afford. (example: if you have SGD$3m; do you dare to buy 10 X 2 bedroom in a location)

I cherish the 3rd point a lot. A lot of people use a faction of their saving and just buy at a location they can afford. They do not really care the location or the price because they only intend to buy 1. This can be a big mistake.

Now when I pick a location; I imagine myself buying 10 units even though I only intend to buy one. Because when I imagine myself buying 10 units in a location; the choice of location suddenly narrow down to 1 to 2 only.

Just a tip to share........ I find it to be refreshing way to pick a location.

Last edited:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meridin at Medini seminar conducted by Propnex today. Full house all the way to outside .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 328