• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have actually been following this developement quite closely. But I was quoted RM 800 psf by a girl at Mah Sing. I wouldn't say that its "untouchable" or "not touchable" if your pricing is correct. Case in point is Pavilion Residence (or somthing like that) in KL. When it first came out, I thought it was at a crazy price. But look at it today. Its leasehold too.

If you think about it seriously, its not a bad price if you are just looking to retire or use it as a holiday home.

Less than SGD300K for 1,100 sf, for a mixed developement, with good finishes and facilities.

Actually if I am the sg govt, I would consider housing all retirees in Medini. Cheaper than HDB. OMG!!! I think it is already happening. Why do you think hey are building all these wellness zones in JB??? For foreigners??? Yes you are right!!! These foreigners are called Singaporeans.

Yes, less old people for SG govt to take care. Good to keep e remaining space for more productive foreigners who can contribute votes n taxes to e government. Thank u for serving NS to protect e foreigners n their properties, esp Sentosa Cove n all e expensive condos n in D9 n D10. Now u old pp can make ur final contribution to Temasek profit by buying up e 99LH properties n spend ur savings at e old folks home, oops sorry, luxurious retirement village in JB. This also helps to alleviate e hospitals n traffic congestion so tt w foreigners who can pay more to see doctors n higher COE will find Singapore a more attractive place too. REITS will be setting up shop there too to milk u of ur savings when u c doctor, shop or enjoy entertainment.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use to believe that you need to imagine yourself staying in that property for 3-6 month before buying it....

But that is just a lifestyle choice and not an investment decision.

If the objective is solely about making money; one should just buy a place and expect to make money.

I have now stay in a condo in Pasir Ris for 10 years; but it is the worst performing item in my investment.

I always think it is a must to love to stay in a place..... but I am truely wrong.

I am giving up the financial gain so that....

1. I can go DOWNTOWN East for breakfast everyday.
2. Close to my children school.
3. Stay next to my mother in law.
4. Stay close to my parent.

I am not saying I will give up those just to make another $1m; I am just saying it is true if you purely look toward making money.

It make you whole lot sharper. I do not expect you to understand it; because I myself only wake up to this new idea a few days ago.
Just wanna share cos I have seen this happening before. It doesn't have to be a country cos some cities are bigger than SG (when it comes to investing in a new place)

my rules are:

1. There must be population growth. Simple demand and supply rule.
2. There must be economic growth, job creation and personal income growth.
3. Supporting amenities or industries. E.g. universities, high value industry/ies, public transport, shopping, restaurants, etc.
4. Would I stay there? If I don't myself staying in the location, how can I expect others to. There must be some sentimental value. If you do not like your property, what are the chances that other ppl will like it too?
5. Buy what you can afford. Leverage within your means. If you cant sleep at night, it means you have over leveraged.

I would like to touch on Point 4. it doesnt work all the time. case in point: Pudong. I was there before all the crazy construction took place. I could have bought a condo there, but I told myself,"there is nothing here. i dont see myself staying here." and went back to SG.

But a Taiwanese man saw things differently, he bought a huge piece of land in Pudong and sat on it. Today, the most expensive condo in Shanghai sits on it. Unfortunately, he died before he could taste the fruits of his labour.

Actually i would still want to expand on this but my daughter just woke up and I need to bring her swimming. :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use to believe that you need to imagine yourself staying in that property for 3-6 month before buying it....

If the objective is solely about making money; one should just buy a place and expect to make money.

I have now stay in a condo in Pasir Ris for 10 years; but it is the worst performing item in my investment.

I always think it is a must to love to stay in a place..... but I am truely wrong.

I am not saying I will give up those just to make another $1m; I am just saying it is true if you purely look toward making money.

It make you whole lot sharper. I do not expect you to understand it; because I myself only wake up to this new idea a few days ago.

This is e key reason for OCR price growth higher than CCR in recent years.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it is better to learn from other mistake and not to learn by making mistake.

Just sharing, no financial benefit for me except the staisfaction of seeing another millionaire born every now and then.

Some millionaire are born instantly; other took close to a lifetime. I am neither..... and I take that as a blessing.

And I bet a lot of people looking at this tread whom are already a millionaire or close to being one.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Funny how this keep coming up....

My mentor give me an 1-2-3 theory.....

Anthing close to $1000 psf - OCR

Anthing close to $2000 psf - RCR

Anthing $3000 and above - CCR

I set this back in 2010; and I cannot believe it is still valid today. I think we may be entering a rounding top in Singapore property thrend till 2017.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how this keep coming up....lo

My mentor give me an 1-2-3 theory.....

Anthing close to $1000 psf - OCR

Anthing close to $2000 psf - RCR

Anthing $3000 and above - CCR

I set this back in 2010; and I cannot believe it is still valid today. I think we may be entering a rounding top in Singapore property thrend till 2017.
OCR is $1500 psf now, RCR is ard $2000 psf, CCR is ard $3000 psf.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
more than 10 years back, my Malaysian friend who is SPR brought resell HDB flat together with his single brother, both are in their 20+. Whereas, our citizen cannot buy if they are below 35 years old . The reason the government said was because our parents already owned properties here so we dont need to buy any roof over our head. But this SPR are poor things, they dont have parents here to provide the roof. But our men serve NS leh, without them, there is no Singapore.

No gratitude at all.

I have always looked upon all NSmen with gratitude, they and the various diplomatic folks kept the country safe throughout all the issues in Singapore. Things are always like that, when everything goes smoothly, few realised how much hard work and sacrifice that these men and some women have put into it. IF one day I ever become someone influential in business or a developer, I would make it a point to do what they will not do, give recognition where it's due. Certainly not some "Suffer card freebies".

I still make it a point to at least ask if they need a ride to the nearest station or bus stop whenever I see them especially during Qing Ming period as I passed by a few army camps.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Usually, I dont agree with anti-FT or anti-PR comments, but I totally agree with this one!!!

Balloted for HDB 10 years ago, didn't get it. Forced to buy condo. Now I can only buy a new HDB if I sell my condo and rent a place for 2 years!!! or is it 2.5 years? @#$%^!

My NS has no value. I am actually dam sore about this. When I needed a roof over my head the most... when I heeded the govt's call to get married... they didn't help me, even though they could... :(

dunno why they keep so much reserves for fxxx!

Your NS definitely has value.

To the unknown soldier,

I for one sincerely thank people like you for keeping our nation safe and you have been instrumental in helping what the country has achieved. No doubt you are the unsung hero of the country but your deeds will never be forgotten, neither SOC nor IPPT.

Your efforts have not in vain and although I am a nobody and still the minority, I really appreciate the years of sacrifice for the sake of the country no matter how it treated us. People just do not see the relentless hard work that goes into keeping a country safe as when things are working well, no one ever notices it.

I do hope more people can, one day realize what goes on into not just keeping a deterrence front but also ensuring the stability and progress of the nation.

An army that achieves peace without ever going to war is much better than one that achieves it through martial superiority.

Thank you again for your sacrifice. It will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Your fellow NSman

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Awww... so sweet :smile:

Your NS definitely has value.

To the unknown soldier,

I for one sincerely thank people like you for keeping our nation safe and you have been instrumental in helping what the country has achieved. No doubt you are the unsung hero of the country but your deeds will never be forgotten, neither SOC nor IPPT.

Your efforts have not in vain and although I am a nobody and still the minority, I really appreciate the years of sacrifice for the sake of the country no matter how it treated us. People just do not see the relentless hard work that goes into keeping a country safe as when things are working well, no one ever notices it.

I do hope more people can, one day realize what goes on into not just keeping a deterrence front but also ensuring the stability and progress of the nation.

An army that achieves peace without ever going to war is much better than one that achieves it through martial superiority.

Thank you again for your sacrifice. It will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Your fellow NSman

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes they did. It shows how much they value NSMen.

If you ask me, they are giving it out because the facilities are under utilised and they hope to recoup the costs.

Let me buy my deserved HDB flat and I will believe my sacrifice meant something.

I tot e govt has just given out some $ or free membership to SAFRA to NSMen?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always enjoy reading your posts. They sometime provide new insights.

I think it would be silly to fall in love with a piece of property but a certain amount of affection for it is necessary to make money. But its not important whether we agree on this or not. Its just a different approach to making money.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did which surprised me. Maybe they only half awaken. When fully awaken, they will regret.

Btw, this is long over due credit for the NS men .

I'm quite worried when government gives out money. Usually the government will take back more than it gives you. I know my property tax will be increased next year. This tax increase and NS freebie are announced about the same time. If I read correctly, taxes will continue to go up in Singapore because of the heavy investments in infrastructure such as MRT and social spending particularly on aging population. Singapore needs a bigger base of working population to support everything for the next 10 years.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always looked upon all NSmen with gratitude, they and the various diplomatic folks kept the country safe throughout all the issues in Singapore. Things are always like that, when everything goes smoothly, few realised how much hard work and sacrifice that these men and some women have put into it. IF one day I ever become someone influential in business or a developer, I would make it a point to do what they will not do, give recognition where it's due. Certainly not some "Suffer card freebies".

I still make it a point to at least ask if they need a ride to the nearest station or bus stop whenever I see them especially during Qing Ming period as I passed by a few army camps.

They are treating our NS men like small children, giving us freebies.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Irda sees more investments from Singapore in Iskandar M’sia

Posted on April 8, 2013 - Featured, Property News.

By ZAZALI MUSA
[email protected]

Ismail: There is room for further growth in the coming years.

JOHOR BARU: Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) anticipates more new investments from Singapore following Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd’s significant presence in Iskandar Malaysia.

Chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said Temasek’s presence in Iskandar showed the confidence that the Singapore government investment arm had in the country’s first economic growth corridor.

He said following the move made by Temasek, Irda had received interests from Singaporean investors to explore and expand into south Johor.

“Its presence will not only attract investors from the republic but also those from other countries into Iskandar,’’ Ismail said in an interview with StarBiz.

Ismail said Irda had received interests from Indonesian investors as well as from China, India and Gulf Cooperation Council countries, especially on education, healthcare and tourism in Iskandar.

He said unknown to many, Temasek’s presence in south Johor had started long before the inception of Iskandar on November 4, 2006.

Located in the southern part of Johor, Iskandar spans 2,217 sq km and is three times bigger than Singapore and two times the size of Hong Kong.

It is divided into five flagship development zones – JB City Centre, Nusajaya, Eastern Gate Development Zone, Western Gate Development Zone and Senai-Kulai.

Under the Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP), Irda has been tasked to transform Iskandar into an international metropolis by 2025.

Ismail said the investment arm’s equities included two reputable property developers here with projects in Skudai and Pasir Gudang areas, which include a well known shopping mall in the Johor Baru central business district.

As of December 31, 2012, Iskandar had secured RM6.32bil investments from Singapore, of which RM5.04bil came from the manufacturing sector, RM698mil education and healthcare and RM585mil from others.

According to Ismail, from 2006 until December 31, 2012, Iskandar had received RM106.31bil in cumulative committed investments. Of this, 63% were from domestic investors while 37% came from foreigners.

He reiterated that Irda did not specifically segregate its investor strategies to foreign or domestic, instead aimed at value proposition strategies and incentives to attract quality and long-term investments to support the key economic sectors promoted by it.

The sectors are electrical and electronics, petrochemical and olechemcial, food and agro-processing, logistics and related services, tourism, health, educational, financial services as well as information and communication technology and creative industry.

Ismail said talks between Singapore and Malaysia had taken place as far back as the initial stage of the development of Iskandar. A lot of feasibility studies were conducted before Temasek made the decision to go big into Iskandar.

“That is why only now we hear Temasek is going a big way in Iskandar,’’ he said.

He said Irda was happy with the developments taking place in Iskandar but noted that there was room for further growth in the coming years.

He said Irda was looking at investments averaging between RM15bil and RM20bil yearly from 2011 to 2015, up from RM10bil to RM15bil targeted from 2006 to 2010.

For the period between 2020 to 2025, it is aiming RM20bil to RM25bil in investments but these numbers may be reviewed from time to time in view of the changing global investment climate.

“However, the target of RM383bil investments must be achieved by 2025 for Iskandar to succeed as outlined in the CDP,’’ he said.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite worried when government gives out money. Usually the government will take back more than it gives you. I know my property tax will be increased next year. This tax increase and NS freebie are announced about the same time. If I read correctly, taxes will continue to go up in Singapore because of the heavy investments in infrastructure such as MRT and social spending particularly on aging population. Singapore needs a bigger base of working population to support everything for the next 10 years.

It is a vicious cycle, they need to build more infrastructure and provide services for the higher foreigner population, which in turn leads to need for more foreigners.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always enjoy reading your posts. They sometime provide new insights.

I think it would be silly to fall in love with a piece of property but a certain amount of affection for it is necessary to make money. But its not important whether we agree on this or not. Its just a different approach to making money.

I agree with you affection is necessary, buy something that you love or love whatever you buy and don't keep complaining about the property after buying it!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you ginfreely that singles are at a great disadvantage in SG. And the HDB single scheme (and the newly introduced 2-room HDB) is ridiculous. Our housing policy is seriously flawed today.

It is riduculous indeed, forgot to mention the JB SPR who bought Clementi HDB in her 20s with her sibiling is now only less than age 35 and she barely worked in SG for a few years - said that too stressful to work in SG - so ridiculous that passerby to a country can easily buy HDB while citizen cannot! Oh but need to add that the single scheme only affect those singles with no roof over their head before age 35, those molly coddled and well sheltered ones can act high class and mock about it!