• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nearly half of singaporean households subsisting from paycheck to paycheck

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Speaking of free money, have you any idea of how many companies are fraudulently exploiting PIC credits? It's disgusting to see my tax monies squandered on these pointless initiatives.

These sorts of schemes are a godsend for companies. When we running a manufacturing plant in Singapore in the late 80s, I took advantage of all the grants available.. training grant, R & D grant, expansion grant etc. You name it we applied for it and we managed to get more than $300,000 in taxpayer funded grants in less than 18 months.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These sorts of schemes are a godsend for companies. When we running a manufacturing plant in Singapore in the late 80s, I took advantage of all the grants available.. training grant, R & D grant, expansion grant etc. You name it we applied for it and we managed to get more than $300,000 in taxpayer funded grants in less than 18 months.

Stop babbling like a fool!:mad:

Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWW!!!!:oIo:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

Companies that need grants to stay in business don't deserve to remain open. Such intervention is against the ethos of the free markets.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Companies that need grants to stay in business don't deserve to remain open. Such intervention is against the ethos of the free markets.

Yeah I agree but they were giving us free money so I thought we might as well take full advantage of the fact.

That's the problem with all free money. The undeserving end up getting it in abundance.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I agree but they were giving us free money so I thought we might as well take full advantage of the fact.

That's the problem with all free money. The undeserving end up getting it in abundance.

No, the problem is lax enforcement against abuse by the undeserving.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
it is an enforcement issue.

Enforcement is always an issue simply because the applicant will always know more about the system than the system will know about the applicant.

In the case of training and R&D grants which I applied for, it was very easy to pull the wool over the eyes of the approving party because they knew far less about the industry than we did.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enforcement is always an issue simply because the applicant will always know more about the system than the system will know about the applicant.

In the case of training and R&D grants which I applied for, it was very easy to pull the wool over the eyes of the approving party because they knew far less about the industry than we did.

Enforcement is an issue of political will. Eg CNB is able to carry out its job effectively because they have an effective mandate. Drug syndicates are infinitely harder to catch than grants-abusers.

Likewise, gays can have anal sex because there is no Will to enforce the law against them.

Our government has too much money to throw around, hence their lackadaisical attitude towards grants-abusers.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Enforcement is an issue of political will. Eg CNB is able to carry out its job effectively because they have an effective mandate. Drug syndicates are infinitely harder to catch than grants-abusers.

Likewise, gays can have anal sex because there is no Will to enforce the law against them.

Our government has too much money to throw around, hence their lackadaisical attitude towards grants-abusers.

It is impossible to enforce welfare rules because intent is impossible to prove. One of the requirements of welfare payments in NZ is that the recipient must be actively looking for a job. The bludgers apply for jobs and go for interviews as a matter of course but for some strange reason, they are never offered a job. We all know why.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This sort of grants is still available in sinkieland today. I find that it is worst than winning money from gamblers :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This sort of grants is still available in sinkieland today. I find that it is worst than winning money from gamblers :rolleyes:

I agree but the grants are there for the taking so it makes sense to apply for them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is impossible to enforce welfare rules because intent is impossible to prove. One of the requirements of welfare payments in NZ is that the recipient must be actively looking for a job. The bludgers apply for jobs and go for interviews as a matter of course but for some strange reason, they are never offered a job. We all know why.

Give everyone $25k annually, provide free healthcare, education, daycare, 2-year unemployment insurance and you will have 99 percent of the people working happily. Tax rates can be 50 percent to find the support for a middle-class existence for all.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, the problem is lax enforcement against abuse by the undeserving.

Why try to police policies? Just make middle-class existence possible for all - $25k for everyone, free healthcare, free education, daycare & 2-year unemployment insurance plus pension. Tax rate of 50 percent to pay for all these. Most people will be happy and glad pay the taxes.
Most people won't be rich but middle-class existence is achievable for all with the government implementing it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Give everyone $25k annually, provide free healthcare, education, daycare, 2-year unemployment insurance and you will have 99 percent of the people working happily. Tax rates can be 50 percent to find the support for a middle-class existence for all.

If Singapore provided this utopian existence, I'd be back in a flash. I certainly wouldn't bother working. Free money should never be turned down.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought this would have been able to be done long ago and will last for at least 50 years down the road with the amount of money Christmas Ho had LOST?

You don't even need 50% tax rate to fund this! HoHoHoHoHo