• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nearly half of singaporean households subsisting from paycheck to paycheck

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Give us back all OUR CPF money at age 55 NOWWWW as per past practice !:mad:
It is not for you to keep !:oIo:

They only keep a small sum. You can withdraw the rest at 55 so what are you harping on and on about??? :rolleyes: My relative withdrew almost half a million bucks at age 55.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am impressed!!:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Either you are in the high income bracket or/with passive income.

What's the secret??

There is no secret. But you have to be single then it is achievable as all your $ in your own control.
I am not a high income earner and only little passive income.
Firstly I group my spendings into needs and wants. Once a while then I will pamper myself a little of wants.
I am aiming to retire by 48-50 even I am not a high income earner :biggrin:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
having wealthy foreigners in sg is a blessing and lesson for sinkies. they pave the way for what and who sinkies should aspire to. otherwise getting stuck in a comfortable cocoon with a myopic vision doesn't help much to stick spurs into their hides. for decades, thanks to the astute policies of the pap, sinkies have been looking down on the poor and desperate from neighboring cuntries and treating them like shit. but now the table has turned, the same pap has made sg friendly to the wealthiest in the world. sinkies are now the underdog, and the natural reaction is envy and jealousy. but they can take a page from these top 1% of the world and learn to be more like them, rather than loathe them. those who refuse to learn will naturally kpkb. :rolleyes:

in a similar societal revolution, the "ordinary" folks in sf who have lived here for decades are losing out economically and financially to fresh techies who have mostly arrived from out of state (imagine most of the talents from the other 49 states congregating in sf bad settling for jobs) and complaining about being squeezed out of existence. it's the same social mechanics anywhere when the rich start to become a force to be reckoned with.

http://kalw.org/post/haves-and-have-nots-san-franciscos-mid-market-district
http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2...are-perhaps-that-explains-this-cars-condition
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/san-franciscos-haves-and-have-nots-2013-06-18
http://news.yahoo.com/condo-vote-st...zcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1RBVVMwNDlfMQ--

> 10 years ago, we had no problem with foreigners.
But, in the past 10 years, every thing was in reverse order.
Stagnant wages across all sectors, sky-rocketing property prices, high inflation and heavy losses of our reserve capital at overseas investment, etc. etc.
Did we see that happened in LKY and GCT era???

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
> 10 years ago, we had no problem with foreigners.
But, in the past 10 years, every thing was in reverse order.
Stagnant wages across all sectors, sky-rocketing property prices, high inflation and heavy losses of our reserve capital at overseas investment, etc. etc.
Did we see that happened in LKY and GCT era???

rather than complaining day day out, learn from san franciscans who have adapted successfully to socio-economic changes every decade or so. there are a bunch of locals who loathe newbies coming into the city to strike gold, just like 160 years ago when prospectors arrive in sf by the hundreds of thousands to mine gold from rivers flowing into the bay. for many, it was competition, but for some, it was opportunity to strike it rich, not by mining gold, but by selling soap, shovels and shirts to freelance miners. levi's jeans became iconic and popular with the 49er era. and it has been over 150 years in existence. :wink:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rather than complaining day day out, learn from san franciscans who have adapted successfully to socio-economic changes every decade or so. there are a bunch of locals who loathe newbies coming into the city to strike gold, just like 160 years ago when prospectors arrive in sf by the hundreds of thousands to mine gold from rivers flowing into the bay. for many, it was competition, but for some, it was opportunity to strike it rich, not by mining gold, but by selling soap, shovels and shirts to freelance miners. levi's jeans became iconic and popular with the 49er era. and it has been over 150 years in existence. :wink:

SF was not overwhelmed like we are. 2.9 million foreigners versus 2.5 million locals, that's a problem.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Others have free and open opportunities to strike golds.
We have completely controlled policies dictating supply and demand such as cheap labour and COEs.
Only few who has a relationship with PAP could be successful.
Please indicate one local rich man who rises to become rich without associating with PAP.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SF was not overwhelmed like we are. 2.9 million foreigners versus 2.5 million locals, that's a problem.

the sf bay area is a tad larger in size geographically as sg if you include sf, the peninsula, and sj, without counting the east bay. sf as a city is smaller in size than sg. with the population going past 7 million, the bay area faces similar urban density issues as sg. and more are arriving, by the hundreds of thousands not just from within the u.s. but from all over the world, as success in the high tech, biotech, and social media sectors fuel job growth.

http://www.bayareacensus.ca.gov/bayarea.htm

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no secret. But you have to be single then it is achievable as all your $ in your own control.
I am not a high income earner and only little passive income.
Firstly I group my spendings into needs and wants. Once a while then I will pamper myself a little of wants.
I am aiming to retire by 48-50 even I am not a high income earner :biggrin:

I agree being single is one of them.
Was just wondering what's your monthly expenditure, being a single. I assume you have a place of your own.

My thoughts is if you are spending 1k a month, no car.
Then you are making 7k to 8k. To be able to save that much.
Retiring at 50 shouldn't be a problem.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was just wondering what's your monthly expenditure, being a single. I assume you have a place of your own.

moreover, you can follow jap men and have virtual gf's instead of wasting your money on whores.

image.jpg

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes I have a 3rm pigeon hole paidup.
My expenditure is to the minimum type approx :
makan - $250to $300 max
transport - $100 or lesser
Singpower - $100 or lesser
Conservancy - $42 fix
handphone and broadband provided by co due to nature of work
misc - $100 or lesser
entertainment max $100 or sometime $0

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They only keep a small sum. You can withdraw the rest at 55 so what are you harping on and on about??? :rolleyes: My relative withdrew almost half a million bucks at age 55.

Please do not talk nonsense & stop perpetuating this nonsense over the withdrawal of half a million dollars at 55....:mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Please do not talk nonsense & stop perpetuating this nonsense over the withdrawal of half a million dollars at 55....:mad:

It's not nonsense it's a fact. My relative had almost a million dollars in his CPF account and he withdrew half a million leaving the rest behind to earn very good interest.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a result of poor financial decisions and lack of financial discipline amongst many individuals who indulge of frivolous pursuits and unnecessary retail therapy. You can't blame the PAP for poor personal decisions. Parents should be the ones who shoulder a large portion of the blame for failing to inculcate the values of thrift and deferred gratification in the current generation.<style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>

and who is the twit who wanna buy another expensive SUV toy after owning 3 alrdy? you got 4 backside can occupy all 4 cars at same time meh?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not nonsense it's a fact. My relative had almost a million dollars in his CPF account and he withdrew half a million leaving the rest behind to earn very good interest.

There are not many accounts that have a million dollars. In fact, most accounts barely meet the minimum sum; that's why the PAP government launched reverse mortgage scheme.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

I withdrew 1 million Sing Dollars and left 2 million in CPF for Ho Ching and those
parasites at GLS so that they can keep their JOBs and not compete with FTs.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
makan - $250to $300 max
Conservancy - $42 fix
misc - $100 or lesser

Don't mean to be rude, but although, you are saving 70% to 80%, you are living a terrible life? Life is about the journey, about smelling the roses. If you are so careful about money just for higer savings and retiring at 50, then you are missing the point to life.

From your expediture, you sound like a single. Correct? If you have kids, there is no way you can spend so little

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mean to be rude, but although, you are saving 70% to 80%, you are living a terrible life? Life is about the journey, about smelling the roses. If you are so careful about money just for higer savings and retiring at 50, then you are missing the point to life.

From your expediture, you sound like a single. Correct? If you have kids, there is no way you can spend so little

Put this in another blunt way, he better not have kids, do not want another loser, low esteem father to add on to the next gen, to increase the social burden done by these kinds who had gotten married and have kids.

Like I said, given 40 over years and you have losers like this, makes it as no surprise why PAP had no choice but open the gates to FT to 'contribute' to the gene pool' in a hope to better the gene pool of Sinkie.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
makan - $250to $300 max
Conservancy - $42 fix
misc - $100 or lesser

From what I can see, yes, this is probably the barest minimum a person will need to survive in Singapore, approx. to 1k.
Nevertheless, not sure if it is a little too late, might need to consider to factor in medical cost or some form of insurance.

Reason being I have a friend, he is single too, recently found out he has leukemia, luckily, the company he works for has insurance and is taking care on the hospital stays and treatment. But for how long is the question while he wait for a suitable bone marrow donor.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

excellent! your relative is one of only 15% who met the minimum sum cash amount. the other 85% are plotting to vote out the PAP to get their hands on the millions of the 15%.