• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nearly half of singaporean households subsisting from paycheck to paycheck

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't mean to be rude, but although, you are saving 70% to 80%, you are living a terrible life? Life is about the journey, about smelling the roses. If you are so careful about money just for higer savings and retiring at 50, then you are missing the point to life.

From your expediture, you sound like a single. Correct? If you have kids, there is no way you can spend so little
I have smelt roses during my younger days so is time for me to save as much as I can before turning 50 so that I can step down to enjoy life while still not that old. Also I do not want to be at risk of smelling sai if 1 day I am to be replaced by FTs.
I do not support people who have a lot of money but retire at a too old age, by then they will have no more energy to use the money.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Put this in another blunt way, he better not have kids, do not want another loser, low esteem father to add on to the next gen, to increase the social burden done by these kinds who had gotten married and have kids.

Like I said, given 40 over years and you have losers like this, makes it as no surprise why PAP had no choice but open the gates to FT to 'contribute' to the gene pool' in a hope to better the gene pool of Sinkie.

A lot of sinkie loser I know earn the same amount of money as me and married and have kids, end up everyday I need to hear their woes.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I can see, yes, this is probably the barest minimum a person will need to survive in Singapore, approx. to 1k.
Nevertheless, not sure if it is a little too late, might need to consider to factor in medical cost or some form of insurance.

Reason being I have a friend, he is single too, recently found out he has leukemia, luckily, the company he works for has insurance and is taking care on the hospital stays and treatment. But for how long is the question while he wait for a suitable bone marrow donor.

Yes being sick is a major risk for every human - I did purchased some health insurance but using cpf money, which I see it as a bonus only.
I think that being rich or poor, once you fall sick (I mean those incurable or costly to cure sickness) it does not make much difference anymore.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
excellent! your relative is one of only 15% who met the minimum sum cash amount. the other 85% are plotting to vote out the PAP to get their hands on the millions of the 15%.

i worry when their plan succeed to get out the farkers from party against people but only to find there is nothing left inside the vault.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of sinkie loser I know earn the same amount of money as me and married and have kids, end up everyday I need to hear their woes.

The fact remains that losers like you feel you have company and are in a kind of comfort zone you feel is alright, with raging inflation happening right before your very eyes, is already a surprise to me as to where you think you will fare 10 years down the road.

To put it bluntly again, if you want to remain here you had better buck up or is this even too late to even mention this to you.

This is precisely why the PAPies have a field day ruling this place. Your kinds are those who despite being screwed years over and over again, feel it is alright to remain status quo.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
excellent! your relative is one of only 15% who met the minimum sum cash amount. the other 85% are plotting to vote out the PAP to get their hands on the millions of the 15%.

If 85% cannot meet such a small minimum amount, it shows that the majority of the population are very lacking when it comes to financial literacy. They should take personal responsibility for the situation and implement measures to deal with the situation.

You cannot expect the government to play nanny and nursemaid to every sinkie. They have to manage their own lives. Nobody is going to do it for them.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the government cannot take care of the majority and only the elite priviledged few then it has failed like a facist state and we must put it to task with piano wires and lampposts.

If 85% cannot meet such a small minimum amount, it shows that the majority of the population are very lacking when it comes to financial literacy. They should take personal responsibility for the situation and implement measures to deal with the situation.

You cannot expect the government to play nanny and nursemaid to every sinkie. They have to manage their own lives. Nobody is going to do it for them.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
if the government cannot take care of the majority and only the elite priviledged few then it has failed like a facist state and we must put it to task with piano wires and lampposts.

The government provides opportunities for everyone. Those who don't take advantage of the booming economy and the expanding marketplace only have themselves to blame. No government can guarantee that everyone will be a success in life. People have to strive to do that for themselves.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The government provides opportunities for everyone. Those who don't take advantage of the booming economy and the expanding marketplace only have themselves to blame. No government can guarantee that everyone will be a success in life. People have to strive to do that for themselves.

Rubbish why do u insist on such blatant lies when ur living in Australia/new Zealand.....where percentage of millionaires are the lowest 1.5% compared to Singapore 15% and half the people there are lazy drunk bums living on welfare and minimum wage.....how can u go against ur principles and morals?come back to Singapore where people like u can be in their prime and success.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
no government can guarantee success for everyone. but there are certainly some governments who can guarantee a minimum safety net for those who try and fail.

countries that have high tax rates are in effect nanny states; they assume control of a bigger portion of GDP and redistribute it to achieve social good.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Not everyone can take advantage of the opportunities you spoke of. Most times, such opportunities are opened to selected group of people and not everyone. For example, someone earning $1,500 a month has an opportunity to make big money, but needs an investment of 30k. He may have to pass because it is beyond him. Another example of such opportunities are when it is given to people within the circle, like an RC. If you are not in it, you will never be offered. These are just 2 of many examples on why many are just unable to capitalise on "opportunities"

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Grow and rear inside HDB flat?

Hydroponics, vertical farming style. As for the animals, need a bit of coordination: some keep chicken, some keep ducks, as of the cows, sheep and pigs kept at void-decks of different blocks.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
They only keep a small sum. You can withdraw the rest at 55 so what are you harping on and on about??? :rolleyes: My relative withdrew almost half a million bucks at age 55.

Fuck you, i dont even want them to keep 1 cent!:oIo::oIo:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
having wealthy foreigners in sg is a blessing and lesson for sinkies. they pave the way for what and who sinkies should aspire to. otherwise getting stuck in a comfortable cocoon with a myopic vision doesn't help much to stick spurs into their hides. for decades, thanks to the astute policies of the pap, sinkies have been looking down on the poor and desperate from neighboring cuntries and treating them like shit. but now the table has turned, the same pap has made sg friendly to the wealthiest in the world. sinkies are now the underdog, and the natural reaction is envy and jealousy. but they can take a page from these top 1% of the world and learn to be more like them, rather than loathe them. those who refuse to learn will naturally kpkb. :rolleyes:

Fuck you. You made an statement without using your brain, kena soundly rebutted, then use the same pea-brain kind of statements to bash sinkies again. Come on, give us specifics.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
no government can guarantee success for everyone. but there are certainly some governments who can guarantee a minimum safety net for those who try and fail.

countries that have high tax rates are in effect nanny states; they assume control of a bigger portion of GDP and redistribute it to achieve social good.

No social good is achieved from redistributing wealth. All that happens is that the country goes downhill as more and more decide to take advantage of free money while the enterprising and talented will leave town.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Paycheck to paycheck? Ok here is the solution -

"Look Outward, Look Forward to the future"

[video=youtube;36-AxLUlkrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36-AxLUlkrQ[/video]

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Paycheck to paycheck? Ok here is the solution -

I listened from beginning to end. It is an excellent speech and shows the depth of understanding that LHL has of the big picture that affects all of us.

Singaporeans are far too myopic in their view of the world. Those who bother to gain a more in depth knowledge of the sort of problems that Singapore faces in the long term will soon realise that the CPF minimum sum is but a fringe issue in comparison.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank LHL for sharing his insights. I wish he would do it on a regular basis. Singaporeans should heed his wisdom and foresight. They'll be better off for it.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
No social good is achieved from redistributing wealth. All that happens is that the country goes downhill as more and more decide to take advantage of free money while the enterprising and talented will leave town.

corporations and individuals who seek to avoid tax liabilities should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Yes, I suppose the welfare Nordic states are approaching the end of their existence as sovereign states :rolleyes:

Speaking of free money, have you any idea of how many companies are fraudulently exploiting PIC credits? It's disgusting to see my tax monies squandered on these pointless initiatives.