• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moderators: Please moderate...

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
True true. Civil servant got lots of shit in them cuz always eating, after b.fast shit break, after lunch shit break, after tea break also got shit break, then before go home must go toilet for pee break. Then hor in between shit breaks you got smoke breaks. Good life leh!

actually, hor ... after t-brik oso cannot find dem oredi ... :wink:

civil servants : :mad:

waste of tax payers' $$.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can we not engage each others' ideas and not the superficialities of avatars and monikers.

Have we become so intolerent?
Mr Internet Brigade, see ? I am not the only one 'traumatised' by your choice of avatar.

It is a choice, for sure. Instead of asking why the intolerance, how about asking yourself why your insistence to adopt such a provocative avatar - the image of some ugly snooty paper general to boot ?

Try seeing it this way - if guests who regularly visit YPAP forums adopt avatars using Chee Soon Juan or Gopalan Nair or JBJ's face : do you think it will not provoke some dismay / unhappiness amongst the diehard PAP supporters ?

Its like waving a red cloth to a raging bull - and you wonder why the bullis so snorting 'mad' & 'intolerant'?

In any case, what is stopping you from using countless other more tasteful & less provocative avatar ?

Think about it. And don't use the '...it is the principle'.." BS line.

Other than that, I can live with most of your party-line arguments, however much I disagree with them.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Internet Brigade, see ? I am not the only one 'traumatised' by your choice of avatar.

It is a choice, for sure. Instead of asking why the intolerance, how about asking yourself why your insistence to adopt such a provocative avatar - the image of some ugly snooty paper general to boot ?

Try seeing it this way - if guests who regularly visit YPAP forums adopt avatars using Chee Soon Juan or Gopalan Nair or JBJ's face : do you think it will not provoke some dismay / unhappiness amongst the diehard PAP supporters ?

Its like waving a red cloth to a raging bull - and you wonder why the bullis so snorting 'mad' & 'intolerant'?

In any case, what is stopping you from using countless other more tasteful & less provocative avatar ?

Think about it. And don't use the '...it is the principle'.." BS line.

Other than that, I can live with most of your party-line arguments, however much I disagree with them.

I find myself agreeing with these words. So that avatar represents a face that cause unhappiness.

Frankly I do not know who that guy is. Neither do I care. The individuals that make up the PAP are not important. What is important to me are the fundamental direction that the PAP is leading us. That and the basic character of the Prime Minister - is he a humane man, as humane as a person in authority can be or does he only understand paper. Both his predecessors are humane men of honour, caring for the majority of citizens. I hope he is one too. Because a country's citizens, especially her core citizens, take on the character and actions of the Prime Minister.

Anyway, give Internet Bridgade a chance. I find him better than Clinton666. His responses are typical and i can understand that it rubs people the wrong way. At least, it gives people here a knowledge of the possible PAP response towards situations (bearing in mind that Internet Brigade is only representing his own opinion). Any change to their responses has to come from its leaders.

To be fair, it is the same for the Workers Party and Singapore Democratic Alliance. It is just that we citizens are not subjected to their idiosyncracies as otherwise we would be complaining too. The larger the extent of your governance, the greater the possibility of unhappiness. Anyone who held positions of general power will understand this.

Therefore take it with a pinch of salt. Live and let live. In any case, so long as we are not receiving any monetary rewards or psychic compensation from being beholden to a political party, our opinions will evolve. Generally for the better.

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
see, mr internet brigade.

Not everybody here is raving mad or blind bigot.

In fact, if you care enough to place expressing your ideas as the top priority instead of having your controversial avatar being the inevitable distracting element .....

But nobody can make you do anything. Just weigh what is drawing you here and is that avatar worth the bother you incur.

I & many like me will salute you if you have the grace & common sense to simply switch to a neutral icon.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another big diff is that SBF allows anybody to start new threads, something you don't have in TOC or TR. But this has become an undesirable feature. Just look at the wild proliferation of new threads on Jack neo! Every MF thinks his thread has a new angle and ends up as clutter burying other more serious fora topics. This free to start new thread thingy shld be curbed by a moderator.

I joined this forum because TR kept moderating my comments.

Sammyboy is the only true free space! Cheers!

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another big diff is that SBF allows anybody to start new threads, something you don't have in TOC or TR. But this has become an undesirable feature. Just look at the wild proliferation of new threads on Jack neo! Every MF thinks his thread has a new angle and ends up as clutter burying other more serious fora topics. This free to start new thread thingy shld be curbed by a moderator.

This is what freedom is all about. I had been in this forum for quite a while and I like it here as oppose to other forums I been to. Most time I read, I post only when there's something I feel needs to be said.

My belief is all humans are bias one way or another whether you agree or not. So I always dislike the idea of having moderator, they interferes with the freedom one has.

Those jack neo garbage threads is a trend, it will go away after a while. Since spams, trolls or whatever can be reported, there's no need to introduce curbs or restrictions. We have enough of that in the real world, we dont need anymore in here.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My belief is all humans are bias one way or another whether you agree or not. So I always dislike the idea of having moderator, they interferes with the freedom one has.

My point exactly!:biggrin: The forum was built upon this very principle. I've never emphasised control. All I ask for is good housekeeping. :wink:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point exactly!:biggrin: The forum was built upon this very principle. I've never emphasised control. All I ask for is good housekeeping. :wink:

Great spirit man! Sam, keep it that way. Just like those good old days at Delphi, Sammyboy a forum free as ever and will remain so.:p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the modersators just left and there are so much spams in the coffee shop

sammyboy should do his job.

ENGLAND demand that every man do his duties.

jw5

Loyal
This is what freedom is all about. I had been in this forum for quite a while and I like it here as oppose to other forums I been to. Most time I read, I post only when there's something I feel needs to be said.

Those jack neo garbage threads is a trend, it will go away after a while. Since spams, trolls or whatever can be reported, there's no need to introduce curbs or restrictions. We have enough of that in the real world, we dont need anymore in here.
Everybody is entitled to his point of view.
And everybody has his reason for having that point of view.
If you disagree with someone, you can always say so.
If the other fellow becomes rude or abusive, just ignore him forever.
That's why I like forums more than real life. :smile: