• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Michellin Chef: Your Chicken rice is too SPICY!

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice there is some resentment to this Ang Mo's comment on the "spicyness" of chicken rice. C'mon Singaporeans, can't you guys accept that people have their own opinion, and being a foreigner, local tastes are "foreign" to him! And for those of you who do not think too much of "western" cuisine, why is MacDonald's selling so well here? Definitely doing way better than your beloved chicken rice or char kwey teow in the west. And take this statement - pizza will be the staple dish of the world some day, there isn't anybody I've come across that doesn't agree with pizza. As for Gordon Ramsay, to me he is just a chef who has a knack in publicity, that's all, it's Sg's media that played up to him.

Cheers!

Hello, there is no spicy in Hainan Chicken Rice. You can choose to add pepper to the soup and take the chilli if you want but there is no spices in local Chicken Rice.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, there is no spicy in Hainan Chicken Rice. You can choose to add pepper to the soup and take the chilli if you want but there is no spices in local Chicken Rice.

Maybe it was just this bugger's polite way of saying it sucks.

Cheers!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gordon Ramsey won 1 dish out of 3........he won on chilli crabs...........CCB which useless hawker was used? Can lose? SIA SUAY

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gordon Ramsey won 1 dish out of 3........he won on chilli crabs...........CCB which useless hawker was used? Can lose? SIA SUAY

Don't bother - it's all a publicity stint for the "celebrity chef." That's how they make their living. BTW, I took my daughter to a BBQ ribfest back in Canada where the Top-5 North American BBQ caterers had their food on promotion. After tasting them, my daughter told me she still preferred "Daddy's" backyard barbecued ribs to those professionals. Taste is very personal.

Cheers!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rice is cooked in chicken soup. The chicken soup has some spices in it.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If he finds chicken rice spicy !! How to tahan our laksa and nasi Lemak??

There are some chicken rice chilli sauces which are even spicier than the average laksa or nasi lemak. Not sure if TianTian's chilli is really spicier, coz I only go for roast chicken, and TianTian only sell white chicken.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

First of all, it wasn't one of Jumbo's Chefs that 'battled' Ramsay. It was Jumbo's CEO (who might or might not have been an ex-Chef himself). But the dodgy thing about the votes for the chilli crab is, when Straits Times asked around, almost everyone said they prefered Jumbo's crab to Ramsay's crab. So perhaps the organizers altered the votes to give Ramsay some face and win 1 out of 3.