• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Diner wants to know how this 'normal' packet of chicken rice can cost $6.20 at Bedok hawker stall.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ricemain_2.jpg

A Stomper was not expecting to pay $6.20 for a packet of chicken rice with egg at a coffee shop stall in Bedok.

He visited Boon Chiang Hainanese Chicken Rice at Block 168 Bedok South Avenue 3 on Feb 20.

He told Stomp: "I was charged $6.20 for a normal portion of chicken rice plus braised egg.

"On top of that, the uncle serving me had an attitude too, from the way he passed me the food and spoke to me."

The Stomper said he did not ask why his meal was so expensive "as it was quite crowded", but said the maximum he would pay for such portions and standards is $4.50.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...-packet-of-chicken-rice-can-cost-620-at-bedok

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Hawker food isn't what they used to be, with ridiculous price increases, reduction of portions, and deterioration of quality. Time to eat less, lose weight and be healthier.:biggrin:

SexOClock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't like then search for other stalls for makan. I strongly believe there are cheaper options out there.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just think of a price back in 2018-2019 (before the scamdemic), then double that price.

For example, $3 in 2018-2019 = $6 in 2024. $4 in 2018-2019 = $8 in 2024. And this excludes GST hikes, transport fare 'revisions' and the carbon sin tax. :wink:

Applies also to the stuff in JB which are priced in ringgit. Why JB? Because similar to Sinkieland, JB is where a lot of that dirty Tiong money (including Hongkie money) has left its mark.

Welcome to life in a moneylaundering hub. This will be the new normal. It's not just the 'low SES' hawker food. :cool: