• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meltdown

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, i really think it is now a good time to buy some good blue chip eg semb corp, keppel corp, semb marine , dbs, uob etc.

3BFD635044931E027AE5ADF4279DAC30.jpg

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lost a resale 5-room HDB in my realized losses.
Another 4-room HDB sitting in unrealized losses

Losses equivalent for more than a decade of salary-income No property now also.
That's that I am broke, already got killed. :smile:

Listen.
If you still have the chance to walk away, please do so
don't be like me.

Ah run, very sorry to hear about your this predicament.
It's not easy to build up again, if a person is a working/salary personnel

Most important is one's health and one's family support.
生不带来,死不带去

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today shanghai composite index up.
but I want to see how long it can last or at least maintain there.
i think tomorrow market will lau sai again.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
China stock rout has big implications

The plunge in China's bourses this week, despite unprecedented government steps to stabilise the market, has wide-reaching ramifications for the world's second-biggest economy and the region.

The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index fell 5.9 per cent yesterday, extending a slide since mid- June that has wiped some US$3 trillion (S$4 trillion), or more than 30 per cent, from the market value.

The decline follows a 152 per cent rally in the Shanghai index in the past year that the government had implicitly encouraged to push economic reforms, such as recapitalising state enterprises.

But, prompted by fears of damage to their public image and credibility, Chinese officials took steps last weekend to boost the market, including a pledge by major securities brokers to inject funds and the suspension of initial public offerings.

Observers say the market's lacklustre response could shake faith in the government, especially its ability to handle a crisis.Such perceptions could also hurt the standing and bargaining power of top leaders such as President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang in the lead-up to the Communist Party's informal leadership retreat next month.

The stock market rout and lessons drawn by the Chinese leadership from tackling it will also have an impact on China's economic interests. Regional economies such as Singapore's would also be affected. The turmoil could pile pressure on China's slowing economy. Stock losses could hurt domestic consumption, while companies struggling to raise funds could find it hard to operate.

Long-term reforms such as link-ups with overseas bourses could be delayed if leaders deem it better to retain state control. Such a mindset could also derail plans to let the market play a "decisive" role.

With millions of retail investors and their money at stake, the hope now is for the market to stabilise soon. As Nottingham University analyst Steve Tsang puts it, the "risk of social unrest cannot be dismissed" should the market continue to fall.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/china-stock-rout-has-big-implications

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
URO ZONE RECEIVES NEW GREEK BAILOUT PROPOSALS

BRUSSELS (AFP) - Greece submitted new bailout reform plans to an impatient euro zone on Thursday in a last-ditch effort to save the country’s collapsing economy and its fragile place in the single currency.

With the crisis reaching a climax that could have dire consequences for the global economy, the proposals from Athens landed in Brussels less than two hours before a midnight deadline.

Euro zone officials will now study the details of the plan – which creditors say must include pension and tax reforms – before a make-or-break summit of all 28 European leaders on Sunday.

“New Greek proposals received by Eurogroup president Jeroen Dijsselbloem. Important for (creditor) institutions to consider these in their assessment,” said Michel Reijns, a spokesman for the head of the euro zone finance ministers.

The radical left government of Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had spent the day huddling in Athens to produce a plan acceptable to its partners, especially sceptical Germany, in return for billions of euros in loans to keep the country afloat.

Details of the new plan were not immediately available.

But there was growing pressure for the eurozone to ease Greece’s crushing 320 billion euro (S$475 billion) debt burden as part of any plan.

EU President Donald Tusk said Greece’s creditors must make a “realistic” proposal for managing the debt if Athens delivers a workable programme, echoing similar calls by the IMF and United States.

Greece’s parliament is now set to vote on the reform plan on Friday. Anti-bailout protesters gathered in central Athens on Thursday night.

GREEKS WANT TO STAY IN EURO

Ordinary Greeks are panicking over the realisation that, by backing Tsipras’s ‘No’ in a referendum last weekend that soundly rejected austerity, their country has hurtled to the brink of an exit from the euro, or “Grexit”.

“I voted ‘No’ but I am for Greece staying in the euro zone,” said Viviane, a worried 46-year-old secretary in an Athens lawyer’s office, echoing a majority view.

“I want an agreement and no matter if it contains austerity measures – that is still better than going back to the drachma,” sighed Stefanos, an unemployed 32-year-old.

Tsipras has vowed to submit “credible reforms, for a fair and viable solution”. He risks breaking with hardliners in his Syriza party who reject any austerity no matter the cost.

Early Thursday, Tsipras held a telephone conversation with French President Francois Hollande, one of the very few eurozone leaders sympathetic to his predicament.

The new bailout is the third Greece will have asked for since its debt crisis erupted five years ago.

It has already received 240 billion euros in loans from the two previous EU-IMF rescues, the last of which expired on June 30. In 2012, creditors forgave 107 billion euros of its debt.

But all that has proved insufficient, with Greece struggling through a depression that has shrunk its output by a quarter and sent unemployment rocketing to 26 per cent.

The cash-strapped country needs money to reopen its banks which have been closed for nearly two weeks, and euro zone leaders have warned that the European Central Bank will cut emergency funding if it does not reach a new deal.

UPHILL BATTLE

Greece faces has an uphill battle to convince most of the euro zone nations.

Germany, the Netherlands and several Nordic and eastern European states are hostile to another rescue and want to see Greece stick to reforms it has rejected, on taxes and pensions, before it talks of debt relief.

“I have said that a classic ‘haircut’ is out of the question for me and that hasn’t changed between the day before yesterday and today,” German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters on a visit to Sarajevo.

German Foreign Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble, also on Thursday, conceded that IMF chief Christine Lagarde was correct when she said Greece was in need of some debt restructuring.

But he was quick to add: “There cannot be a haircut because it would infringe on the system of the European Union and after all the European Union is a community of common laws.”

The Eurogroup is set to meet on Saturday to discuss the new proposals, followed on Sunday by a summit of the 19 leaders of the countries that use the euro and then a meeting of all 28 EU leaders.

Tusk has called the next few days “really and truly the final wake-up call for Greece and for us", warning that it is the last deadline the country will get before it is cut loose.

Across Greece, hardship is piling up under capital controls imposed after Tsipras on June 27 called his referendum.

The closure of banks and rationing of cash from ATMs was gradually bringing the Greek economy to a standstill. A ban on transferring money out of the country has isolated Greece from foreign suppliers of everything from food to medicine.

Last-minute bookings by foreign visitors to Greece – usually a hotspot summer vacation destination – have plunged by 30 percent, dealing a serious blow to a sector that accounts for a fifth of the economy.

Greek authorities have repeatedly pushed back the day when banks and the Athens stock market should reopen, with the latest date given being next Monday.

International markets appeared to be betting that Greece would eventually reach a deal with its creditors. European stocks rose Thursday while the euro eased to US$1.1039 from US$1.1077 late in New York on Wednesday.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very chim, i don understand.

I think he meant he buys because he believes in that company and not simply to make quick profit due to share prices increases in a bullish market. His minimum holding period is 5 years.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
This sharing is only worthwhile thing i can contribute to my friendship with pals from this forum.

I know we always tell ourselves, if the price go up a bit more, then we exit.
But then, if the shares will go up more, what for, u still want to exit.
In the end, we ended up sitting on our losses - we are always too fast to take profit and too strong-willed to recognize losses

Walk away if you still have the chance.
Don't me like me, good brothers

118365301.jpg

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard from my broker, that EURO is prepared to let greece exit, so the news yesterday that france like their greek bail out proposal is all wayang, france play the good guy, germany play the bad guy. in the end, greece exit. sounds logical...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard from my broker, that EURO is prepared to let greece exit, so the news yesterday that france like their greek bail out proposal is all wayang, france play the good guy, germany play the bad guy. in the end, greece exit. sounds logical...

greece exit = market big cheong or big crash?

Russia wanna help greece, they also dun wan
dunno what they wan