• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meltdown

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
wwnnuo.jpg

01200000194605134392679671383_s.jpg

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese Trading Suspensions Freeze US$1.4 Trillion of Shares Amid Rout
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...halts-freeze-1-4-trillion-of-shares-amid-rout
Chinese companies have found a guaranteed way to prevent investors from selling their shares: suspend trading. Almost 200 stocks halted trading after the close on Monday, bringing the total number of suspensions to 745

meanwhile

Temasek reports 19% Singapore dollar investment gain for fiscal year
http://www.pionline.com/article/201...gapore-dollar-investment-gain-for-fiscal-year
Temasek Holdings (Pte) Ltd., a Singapore-based sovereign wealth fund, reported the Singapore dollar value of its investment portfolio rose 19.2% to S$266 billion ($194 billion) for its fiscal year ended March 31, 2015.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oil crashed another 3% tonight - buy budget airlines
Silver crashed 5% - buy USD
Shares down - US govt bonds and Treasuries big cheong

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oil crashed another 3% tonight - buy budget airlines
Silver crashed 5% - buy USD
Shares down - US govt bonds and Treasuries big cheong

gold crashed too, now it's supported at 1150+, weekly chart indicate strong support at this level, i expect it to go up today.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope it crashes below $1000

bro, unlikely. i am longed on gold, i was squeezing my balls when i saw it dipped yesterday nite.

everything happens for a reason, it seems to me that gold is lower to prepare for the next round of up.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I lost a resale 5-room HDB in my realized losses.
Another 4-room HDB sitting in unrealized losses

Losses equivalent for more than a decade of salary-income No property now also.
That's that I am broke, already got killed. :smile:

Listen.
If you still have the chance to walk away, please do so
don't be like me.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Listen.
don't be like me.

Thanks for the reminder, i'm monitoring my shares now to let go. Abit late as i havent been watching, in denial mode.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why you are so sad!

After I lost a combined 100K in the stock market many years ago during the last 2008 crisis .. Now, I only invest 30% of money in bonds. With the current China and Greece instability, I am worry another bigger crisis is brewing.. Hopefully, my bonds investment will not wipe out this time.

Listen.
don't be like me.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am planning to buy gold just in case the next Greece show up in our region..
bro, unlikely. i am longed on gold, i was squeezing my balls when i saw it dipped yesterday nite.

everything happens for a reason, it seems to me that gold is lower to prepare for the next round of up.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the reminder, i'm monitoring my shares now to let go. Abit late as i havent been watching, in denial mode.

After I lost a combined 100K in the stock market many years ago during the last 2008 crisis .. Now, I only invest 30% of money in bonds. With the current China and Greece instability, I am worry another bigger crisis is brewing.. Hopefully, my bonds investment will not wipe out this time.

This sharing is only worthwhile thing i can contribute to my friendship with pals from this forum.

I know we always tell ourselves, if the price go up a bit more, then we exit.
But then, if the shares will go up more, what for, u still want to exit.
In the end, we ended up sitting on our losses - we are always too fast to take profit and too strong-willed to recognize losses

Walk away if you still have the chance.
Don't me like me, good brothers

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ups and downs of China's stock market

Here's a look at the China stock market's roller-coaster ride:

Why did the market surge?

China's central bank cut interest rates for the first time in more than two years last November, which was the beginning of the borrowing-fuelled rally in the stock market.

The launch of a scheme linking trading between the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock exchanges also led to the surge.

The rally continued this year, with the benchmark Shanghai index climbing to the symbolic 5,000-point level last month, driven higher by margin trading. When it peaked on June 12, it had risen more than 150 per cent over the previous 12 months.

Why did it fall?

On the day the market reached its peak, China's securities regulator said it would tighten rules on margin trading for individual investors.

The next day, the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) banned trading with funds borrowed outside the margin-trading system.

When markets reopened, investors started to take profit on worries of over-valued stock prices and increasing market risk. The deleveraging process became uncontrollable, resulting in Shanghai plunging almost 30 per cent over three weeks.

Market sentiment worsened as investors who traded on margin were forced to liquidate their stock holdings to make payment.

What's being done to support the market?

China's central bank announced cuts in interest rates and banks' reserve requirement ratio - the amount of money banks must put aside.

The market regulator announced a relaxation of margin-trading rules and reduced stock transaction fees. Soon the government announced proposals to let social security pension funds enter the stock market.

CSRC cut back on the number of initial public offerings, then went a step further by halting them for the near future.

The central bank said it would provide funds through the state-backed China Securities Finance Co. to "protect the stability of the securities market", while 21 of the largest brokerages said they would invest at least 120 billion yuan (S$26 billion) in so-called "blue chip" exchange- traded funds.

What happens next?

No one knows and the market remains wildly volatile. Investors forced to sell could drive prices lower, or bargain-hunters could see a buying opportunity and step in.

Analysts forecast the benchmark Shanghai index may rebound to around 4,000 points in the next month.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal

well, i really think it is now a good time to buy some good blue chip eg semb corp, keppel corp, semb marine , dbs, uob etc.