• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meltdown

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
only a few % drop in the past 3 months - gold quite range-bound
but 10x leverage,
3% gain = 27% gain
3% drop = 33% loss

can you explain how you did the above calculation?

i see gold strong support at 1150, it has already 3 times hit that level, now it's 1164. however, chart tells that it's bearish no matter how bad greece got in the past 2 weeks.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
can you explain how you did the above calculation?

Are my numbers wrong? u said u got 10x leverage

Let's say spot gain 3% after 3 months

Gain leverage 10x
Deduct the buy-sell spread
Deduct time-decay/interests for leverage
Deduct commission & fees (if applicable)
You get approximately 27% gain

Paiseh if my sums are wrong. you should check with your brokerage.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
europe dropping 1.5% because of greece
hope they just wayang for the debt talks
will greece be lehmen-II?

No comparison, lah... Greece is a country, kick Greece out of EU, also jiak lark, don't kick Greece out, also buay tahan. Putin waiting to hoop Greece, he already made offer of loan to Greece if got kicked out by EU.

Lehman is a company, you die your business, and all shareholders, investors and speculators died with it. Life goes on after Lehman but as for Greece, it is not the same ...

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are my numbers wrong? u said u got 10x leverage

Let's say spot gain 3% after 3 months

Gain leverage 10x
Deduct the buy-sell spread
Deduct time-decay/interests for leverage
Deduct commission & fees (if applicable)
You get approximately 27% gain

Paiseh if my sums are wrong. you should check with your brokerage.

only spread and interest on leverage accountable, i too not very sure, i only bought 10 units at SGD3k.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
textbook told me so too :smile:

Don't worry about me brother, I resigned to fate. I am ok

Run, you must come out of your fears. You didn't invest smart. But it doesn't make you a pauper for the rest of your life. You can start afresh from what you have learnt. A better tomorrow awaits you.

The day when money will be just a piece of paper to you.

a-better-tomorrow.jpg

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"When trading macro, you never have a complete information set or information edge the way analysts can have when trading individual securities. It’s a hell of a lot easier to get an information edge on one stock than it is on the S&P 500. When it comes to trading macro, you cannot rely solely on fundamentals; you have to be a tape reader, which is something of a lost art form. The inability to read a tape and spot trends is also why so many in the relative-value space who rely solely on fundamentals have been annihilated in the past decade. Markets have consistently experienced ’100-year events’ every five years. While I spend a significant amount of my time on analytics and collecting fundamental information, at the end of the day, I am a slave to the tape and proud of it."
- My sentiments exactly!

Deja vu except that this time I am neither on the bull side or the bear side but the right side!

[video=youtube;YXfUM6H_jeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXfUM6H_jeE[/video]

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you believe me, my meeting just ended

My office received three super bad news emails and called for emergency meeting
- we lost the biggest business in our history
- we almost got conned by a customer and they are still trying to play dirty
- we lost the biggest account in Korea
This is so crazy

It is like suddenly our counterparts are all working on Today (Sunday).
Something gonna happen next week is it?

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you believe me, my meeting just ended

My office received three super bad news emails and called for emergency meeting
- we lost the biggest business in our history
- we almost got conned by a customer and they are still trying to play dirty
- we lost the biggest account in Korea
This is so crazy

It is like suddenly our counterparts are all working on Today (Sunday).
Something gonna happen next week is it?

Singapore 2Q15 GDP dropped 4.6% q-o-q
http://www.straitstimes.com/busines...2-advance-gdp-disappoints-quick-analyst-takes

GDP decline of such magnitude is like 1997 recession.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did strong SGD kill our economy? Not more manufacturing powerhouse, no more shopping paradise
today, SGD1 can get us 2.80 ringgit or 9700 rupiah. We are also very strong against AUD, NZD, Euro, etc

Can you imagine the day we hit 1:3 against ringgit or 10000 against rupiah?

Is Singapore is willing to depreciate SGD?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did strong SGD kill our economy? Not more manufacturing powerhouse, no more shopping paradise
today, SGD1 can get us 2.80 ringgit or 9700 rupiah. We are also very strong against AUD, NZD, Euro, etc

that's because of the fear of inflation. inflation may hurt the 60% voting bloc. in japan a record 62% of the population complain that life is "hard" due to high prices.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...h-for-abe-s-inflation-hits-japan-s-households

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Having a strong SGD will only benefit those less develop neighboring countries even more in terms of exporting.
For Sillypore, most of the stuffs are imported and we now can import more which is the only benefit for us.
Our export will keep declining and you can also bet tourism will also be greatly affected.
Tourists are getting smarter these days, they won't revisit the same place if they find the cost of living and entertainment is too costly.