• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disgusting. Now Fergie wants him around for another year just after the Bulgarian said that he may consider joining Anzhi. :biggrin:

There's been several offers for Berba stretching from Turkey to Russia but nothing concrete really. SAF is calling their bluff by activating the clause to have him for another year as the player refused to extend his contract which is due to expire at the end of the season. Berba knows SAF will sell him if any serious offer comes around. I think Man U is looking for that magical figure of 15-20 million pounds to shove that Bulgarian. That Pig is not going to make it easy for SAF and he would rather let the contract run out and leave. That will give him the levers to negotiate a 'better contract', knowing that the transfer fees are no longer an issue.

Oh fark, not another year PLEASE!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's been several offers for Berba stretching from Turkey to Russia but nothing concrete really. SAF is calling their bluff by activating the clause to have him for another year as the player refused to extend his contract which is due to expire at the end of the season. Berba knows SAF will sell him if any serious offer comes around. I think Man U is looking for that magical figure of 15-20 million pounds to shove that Bulgarian. That Pig is not going to make it easy for SAF and he would rather let the contract run out and leave. That will give him the levers to negotiate a 'better contract', knowing that the transfer fees are no longer an issue.

Oh fark, not another year PLEASE!

seriously, i would rather have berbacock than Anderson & Carrick.

ok, keep Berbacock but pls ship out the other 2 deadwood.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, i would rather have berbacock than Anderson & Carrick.

ok, keep Berbacock but pls ship out the other 2 deadwood.

Berba is taking up a spot that should have gone to one of the younger players. They can chopped off Anderson's and Carrick's legs and feed them to the dogs.
Seriously, SAF must acquire in January or risk the campaign falling apart.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another poor result. There were more questions then answers for this one. Firstly, why did Ferdinand made the unnecessary tackle when it was clear that he had cover from Carrick.I thot just shadowing Ben Arfa would have done the trick.
Why did Fergie and the other 2 stooges not act on any substitution immediately after Jonas Gutierez was shown the red card in the 78th minute. Mind you United was chasing for a victory and they only decided to bring on Macheda when there were only a few minutes left on the clock.

Young and Hernandez were awful to put it mildly. For some unknown reason, the former has this habit of 'floating' anonymously on the pitch for long periods. Hell, I thot he was substituted in the first half! Fergie should have taken him off and sent in Macheda early especially after United were one man up. What a blunder!!!

BTW, I can't remember if Young put in a decent cross all night which just goes on to show you how poor he was last night. Last night's MOM should have gone either to Carrick or Vidic. I thot Vidic was the most dangerous player in the last 10 minutes for United as he was flying everywhere to get the elusive winner-an exemplary captain!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
god is on Newcastle's side really...god possessed goalie, ball cleared off line, hit the post, penalty....

ok, Man U's performance was not good - toiled the whole night...toothless in front of goal...whatever happened to the swashbuckling form shown in the first few matches?

before the first goal, most play was concentrated in the midfield...Krul was exemplary...made at least 3 good saves.

Manu U's goal was lucky...but as if God gave luck to man U, later regretted and compensated Newcastle with a lucky penalty and luck to ride out the match.

Honestly, that is not a penalty but Man U could and should have done more such that if the score then was 2, 3 nil, a penalty is not going to mean much.

Young and Nani was dull and blunted ...whatever happened to their form...Young back from injury i think, is still finding his feet. But Nani?

And Fabio...inexperienced prick...clock running down, still go and foul Ba...for fuck?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another poor result. There were more questions then answers for this one. Firstly, why did Ferdinand made the unnecessary tackle when it was clear that he had cover from Carrick.I thot just shadowing Ben Arfa would have done the trick.
Why did Fergie and the other 2 stooges not act on any substitution immediately after Jonas Gutierez was shown the red card in the 78th minute. Mind you United was chasing for a victory and they only decided to bring on Macheda when there were only a few minutes left on the clock.

Young and Hernandez were awful to put it mildly. For some unknown reason, the former has this habit of 'floating' anonymously on the pitch for long periods. Hell, I thot he was substituted in the first half! Fergie should have taken him off and sent in Macheda early especially after United were one man up. What a blunder!!!........

Contrast this with what Kenny Dalgish and his assistants did over the weekend. When they saw Balotelli saw red,they quickly put Andy Caroll in and took a midfielder out and it almost paid dividend if not for that brilliant save by Joe Hart that kept the scoreline even.
Wat did that old fart and the two stooges do? Sit on their palms for a good 7-8 minutes before sending in Macheda. WTF!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
United cup flops warned

MANCHESTER UNITED'S Carling Cup flops are set to pay the price for their KO against Crystal Palace.
Alex Ferguson was forced to apologise to the Old Trafford faithful and now the likes of Dimitar Berbatov, Darron Gibson, Kiko Macheda and Mame Biram Diouf could be moved on.

There is a big question mark over the future of record £30.75million buy Berbatov who limped off at half-time after another poor display.

Boss Fergie has shown he is not afraid to get ruthless with players who do not cut it in the League Cup.

Four years ago United crashed out to Coventry at Old Trafford and some never recovered. Of the 14 players on duty, nine have since left while Tomasz Kusczak is frozen out.

Ferguson's men were also humbled at West Ham 12 months ago and four players from that squad have gone.

So that could spell bad news for the likes of Italian Macheda, 20, and Senegal ace Diouf, 23.

Skipper for the night Jonny Evans said: "The lads have got to work hard on their games.

"We're very disappointed not to be in the semi-finals. But the games are coming thick and fast and the manager will need his squad. So we need to pick ourselves up."

**************************************************************************************************************
If this report from the Sun comes true, I'd be more than happy to see the named players leave. They should include Evans and Anderson. Old fart needs to buy in January. The renewal process should begin in Jan. and pick up pace in the summer. Its obvious that the hole left by Scholes is bigger than any one had anticipated. I'm not surprised that they shown interest in Rasmus Elm from Alkmaar. The boy is a shooter.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected we lost but I wonder if SAF is going to apologize for the dismal performance again last nite.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
As if Ferguson need further reminders that he has to buy this January.......

Fletcher to take football break

MANCHESTER UNITED midfielder Darren Fletcher will take an extended break from football for health reasons.

The Scotland international has been suffering from ulcerative colitis, a problem with the bowel.

United released a statement explaining how Fletcher has been suffering with the illness for the last year and "some time" before that.

The statement read: "On behalf of Darren Fletcher, Manchester Unied wishes to announce that he is taking an extended break from football for health reasons.

"Over the past year he has had several absence periods which we have attributed to a viral illness in order to respect his right to medical confidentiality.

"Darren has, in fact, been suffering from ulcerative colitis (a chronic inflammatory bowel condition) for some time preceding this."

United revealed Fletcher's desire to get out on the pitch had affected his health and so the Scot has agreed to an extended break in a bid to achieve full remission.

The statement continued: "Whilst he was able to maintain remission of symptoms for a considerable period this has proved more difficult recently and Darren's continued desire to play and his loyalty to both his club and country has probably compromised the chances of optimising his own health and fitness.

"He has therefore accepted medical advice to take an extended break from the demands of training and playing in order to afford the best chance possible of achieving full remission once again."

The news comes as a significant blow to United, who had defender Nemanja Vidic ruled out for the rest of the season after the Serb injured his knee against Basel last week.

Team-mate Rio Ferdinand tweeted: "We are going to miss two big players in Fletcher and Vidic, I hope they both come back fitter and stronger than ever. #believe"

Scotland boss Craig Levein said: "I am obviously absolutely devastated for Darren because I know how hard he has worked to get back to playing regularly for his club and country.

"He is one of the most inspirational players I have had the pleasure of working with and on behalf of his Scotland team-mates and my backroom staff I sincerely hope this time off, allied to the support of his family, will enable him to make a full recovery.

That old fart needs to take a hard look at the squad and start weeding out those that are injury prone and cannot last 80% of the season's program.

jw5

Loyal
He definitely needs to buy now.
A combative midfielder type or a young exciting creator.
Not Wesley.

jw5

Loyal
Agree.He should start rebuilding the team now rather than later.

Any suggestions that I can forward to Keano and he can forward to Fergie? :biggrin:

I think they should try to get Hazard or Gotze, young exciting players who can create and stay long.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any suggestions that I can forward to Keano and he can forward to Fergie? :biggrin:

I think they should try to get Hazard or Gotze, young exciting players who can create and stay long.

I believe Gotze will choose Arsenal ahead of United provided Bayern doesn't come in with the money. Gotze knows he'll have a better chance to play in the first 11 if he chooses Arse. Moreover, he has Matersacker for company. Ferguson on the other hand is not going to guarantee Gotze a place in the final eleven week in week out. We've seen his player rotation strategy and some of the promising youth players hardly had a look into the first team. I understand that is the reason why Pogba doesn't want to extend his contract. Be that as it may, that old fart had better look at the players that he needs before they list the club on the Singapore bourse.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's take a hard look at the team-

Defenders-Vidic out till end of season. Even if he returns at some point next season, he may not be the same player especially after such a serious injury.The twins are injury prone and only one half of them can play in defence. Evans is farked and they should mercifully kill his career at OT. Need I say anything about Ferdinand? Well, he is probably the 'best' among the misfits.

The bright side is we have Smalling and Jones. On balance, we still need at least two defenders.

Midfielders-latest casualty Fletcher (indefinitely) and Anderson will only return in March 2012. Park is finished as he's getting a bit long in the tooth.Slow and I doubt he can continue playing at this level. Giggs is 38 and one serious injury will put him out for good. So we have
Carrick,Nani,Young, Cleverley,Valencia and Rooney. Carrick is the only defensive midfielder and Ferguson have experimented with Jones in that role in the CL game against Basle.He's not an aggressive tackler and his passing isn't exactly great either but he's a player that is set to improved. Discounting Park and Giggs, we still need 2 midfielders at the very least.

Strikers- Fergy needs only to get rid of the Bulgarian and free up space for a quality striker. We have Hernandez, Welbeck and Owen. Forget Macheda and Diouf.Sell them if an offer comes in for these players. In short, we still need 1 striker.

The most pressing problems are central defence and midfield. With the exception of Giggs, we dun have any quality players in the latter department.

I seriously think we will not win any silverware this season. I was surprised to see so few attended the Carling Cup game at home. Now that we are out of CL, we've lost million dollar revenues and it is highly unlikely that the majority of the fans will attend any of the Europa league games. Well, the three stooges will have to prove that they are above mortals to save what looks like a barren season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are many bidders for Hazard and if they are looking for youth, there is always Eriksen to consider and I reckon the price tag will not be too prohibitive. If Fergie is looking for someone with experience, I think Kaka will be a good fit. He has been out for almost a full season and has recently returned to play. He's fresh as daisy and I think Fergie may be able to get him at a knockdown price.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many bidders for Hazard and if they are looking for youth, there is always Eriksen to consider and I reckon the price tag will not be too prohibitive. If Fergie is looking for someone with experience, I think Kaka will be a good fit. He has been out for almost a full season and has recently returned to play. He's fresh as daisy and I think Fergie may be able to get him at a knockdown price.

no...not Kaka.

a defensive midfielder in mould of Roy Keane to start with. there is this belgian guy he is tracking before...sorry cannot remember name...can get him?

well he ought to go to the market to get one creative midfielder but the downside is, he risk missing out developing Cleverly and Pogba (when they return) further. First, sell off Anderson. He is as useful as an empty can. Gibson can as well follow him out.

Ferdinand shld go...please, i cannot say it more...injury prone and slow. Get the Blackburn guy - Samba for a cheap deal.

many are surprised that he din sign any fullbacks...right back for example...Smalling shld play defence.

Fryers shld be given more opportunities to grow...so LB...we need to get a potential young player.

whatever happened to Petrucci - thot he is one with potential?

strikers...i am surprised that Macheda could not improve on his form 2 seasons ago. No need to buy a striker...promote Morrison.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
no...not Kaka.

a defensive midfielder in mould of Roy Keane to start with. there is this belgian guy he is tracking before...sorry cannot remember name...can get him?

well he ought to go to the market to get one creative midfielder but the downside is, he risk missing out developing Cleverly and Pogba (when they return) further. First, sell off Anderson. He is as useful as an empty can. Gibson can as well follow him out.

Ferdinand shld go...please, i cannot say it more...injury prone and slow. Get the Blackburn guy - Samba for a cheap deal.

many are surprised that he din sign any fullbacks...right back for example...Smalling shld play defence.

Fryers shld be given more opportunities to grow...so LB...we need to get a potential young player.

whatever happened to Petrucci - thot he is one with potential?

strikers...i am surprised that Macheda could not improve on his form 2 seasons ago. No need to buy a striker...promote Morrison.

Alot depends on Ferguson and he has to critically examine the stock he has on hand-those who will not make it at this level and those who will if given 'time'. He has to act decisively and make the changes. No sense carrying half-baked players who are only going to act as dead weights and impede the team's development.

Kaka is creative and he can be assertive in midfield as he has done for Milan and REAL. His movement and crossing is alot better than the current lot that we have and his approach to the game more forward looking. The downside risk with Kaka is that he's really poor in defence. My guess is a defensive midfielder would serve us well at this time given our status quo. Vidic is out and the hole in the middle is frighteningly large.

We can't let Ferdinand go just yet as it will leave an even bigger hole. Old fart should stop twiddling his thumb and make the first move.